Tyson Clabo is good but is he worth big $$$$$$

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I mean if he was a Pro Bowl left tackle and 29 I say no need to discuss. Sign him, no if or buts.

First of all I love Clabo, and Dahl and how they worked so hard being undrafted to get were they are.

But if Clabo demands big money, how hard would it be to address his position in the draft with a younger player that is as good or almost as good and will get better. I just really like him and if we do not sign him again, I will miss good ol Clabo. But from a G.M. stand point is a right tackle worth whatever he will ask for.

So do we pay the big price for Clabo, our Pro Bowl tackle. Or can we find an adequate player at RT and stick with Sam Baker for another year and see how he fares. Then if it does not go good go after our L.T. then.

Its just our line has 3 free agents. We need to let at least one go for an improvement. But who do we let go and who do we keep. Not asking from a fan stand point, but say your the G.M. what do you do. I mean if we replace Clabo with a free agent at our 1st or 2nd round selection how much will they make v/s signing Clabo? Also we will more than likely bring up J. Valdez O.G. from practice squad. He looked good last year in pre season.

How important is Tyson Clabo, Harvey Dahl, Justin Blalock to our team? I feel we have the personnel to replace at least one guard position if not two. I mean J. Hawley and M. Johnson can get there feet wet and we can look for some dept behind the 2 of them in the draft as well.

There is no telling how our line will look like come next year. So if your the G.M. What would you do with our line.

I mean if he was a Pro Bowl left tackle and 29 I say no need to discuss. Sign him, no if or buts.

First of all I love Clabo, and Dahl and how they worked so hard being undrafted to get were they are.

But if Clabo demands big money, how hard would it be to address his position in the draft with a younger player that is as good or almost as good and will get better. I just really like him and if we do not sign him again, I will miss good ol Clabo. But from a G.M. stand point is a right tackle worth whatever he will ask for.

So do we pay the big price for Clabo, our Pro Bowl tackle. Or can we find an adequate player at RT and stick with Sam Baker for another year and see how he fares. Then if it does not go good go after our L.T. then.

Its just our line has 3 free agents. We need to let at least one go for an improvement. But who do we let go and who do we keep. Not asking from a fan stand point, but say your the G.M. what do you do. I mean if we replace Clabo with a free agent at our 1st or 2nd round selection how much will they make v/s signing Clabo? Also we will more than likely bring up J. Valdez O.G. from practice squad. He looked good last year in pre season.

How important is Tyson Clabo, Harvey Dahl, Justin Blalock to our team? I feel we have the personnel to replace at least one guard position if not two. I mean J. Hawley and M. Johnson can get there feet wet and we can look for some dept behind the 2 of them in the draft as well.

There is no telling how our line will look like come next year. So if your the G.M. What would you do with our line.

Hawley is probably our C of the future so I don't think he'll be replacing one of our OGs. Johnson will probably be one of our starting OGs.

Clabo's status may be dependent on how happy the team is with Reynolds. BTW, Clabo can also play OG, so he's a versatile guy to have on the team.

it kills me that fans on this board always feel the need not to pay players who deserve the money the big bucks. clabo deserves the money, and the falcons need to give it to him regardless of what it is. You dont break up the bond this offensive line has. To even remotely think a 1st or 2nd rounder can come in and step into clabo's roll and do better is just idiotic.

I think well re-sign Clabo and put him at RG and let Reynolds take over at RT. Dahl is our most replaceable player on the line.

wait......re-sign a PRO BOWL RT to move him inside? To let a unproven player take over @ RT.

my head is spinning on this one.

1) RG is easier to replace than RT.

2) Clabo wont go for it

3) You dont sign a pro bowl RT to big money to make him a RG.

Clabo will be our most important re-sign (He and Grimes), followed by Blaylock. I like Dahl, but don't know that he will be back. He has the least talent, and some team will pay for the toughness he could bring to their line.

I really dont see more than 1 spot on the line changing. That will most likely be RG, with Mike Johnson or Garrett Reynolds replacing Harvey Dahl.

The biggest change would be if we signed someone like Light, J. Brown or J. Gaither for LT.

Then I could see Baker moving to LG and some spots being swapped around. BUt I still only see 1 new face in the starting lineup.

LT - Light/Brown/Gaither

LG - Baker

OC - McClure

RG - Dahl/Blaylock/Johnson

RT - Clabo

but more likely...

LT - Baker/ mid round rookie

LG - Blaylock

OC - McClure/Hawley

RG - Johnson/Reynolds

RT - Clabo

wait......re-sign a PRO BOWL RT to move him inside? To let a unproven player take over @ RT.

2) Clabo wont go for it

Clabo will be our most important re-sign (He and Grimes), followed by Blaylock. I like Dahl, but don't know that he will be back. He has the least talent, and some team will pay for the toughness he could bring to their line.

I really dont see more than 1 spot on the line changing. That will most likely be RG, with Mike Johnson or Garrett Reynolds replacing Harvey Dahl.

The biggest change would be if we signed someone like Light, J. Brown or J. Gaither for LT.

Then I could see Baker moving to LG and some spots being swapped around. BUt I still only see 1 new face in the starting lineup.

LT - Light/Brown/Gaither

LG - Baker

OC - McClure

RT - Clabo

but more likely...

LG - Blaylock

OC - McClure/Hawley

RG - Johnson/Reynolds

RT - Clabo

I pray McClure retires and is replaced

I think well re-sign Clabo and put him at RG and let Reynolds take over at RT. Dahl is our most replaceable player on the line.

I agree about Dahl. He will be replaced. Although Clabo is a versatile OL, why change a pro-bowl RT to OG? We need a qualified back up and Reynolds can provide that for us. I also think that Valdez can be moved to OG. From what I have heard, Valdez is quicker and stronger than Dahl, but he shares the same attitude.

I'd love to land Pouncey. The guy looks perfect for a run first offense. He can make all sorts of moves and leadblock for a runningback

The word on him is that he is strictly going to be a Guard. I think that Valdez will do just fine. If we want to upgrade the interior line, I say go for a top notch Center.

2) Clabo wont go for it

LT - Light/Brown/Gaither

LG - Baker

OC - McClure

RT - Clabo

but more likely...

LG - Blaylock

OC - McClure/Hawley

RG - Johnson/Reynolds

RT - Clabo

Most likely (imho)

LT - Baker / Svitek

LG - Johnson / draft-pick or FA signing

OC - McClure / Hawley

RG - Dahl / draft-pick or FA signing

RT - Blalock (played tackle in college) / Reynolds

With Hawley, Reynolds, & Svitek also standing as backup guards.

Also look for the Falcons to take an interior lineman in the draft. A lot of quality guards in the NFL are found late, and the Falcons have 3 7th round picks.

Like I said, I think we let both guards walk before letting Clabo go.

When you have a stud tackle, right or left side, you keep them.

we have 4 OG's in the making on our squad. a lot less OT potential.

Only way I see Clabo not staying (he wants to he said) is if we get a top tier LT and move Baker over. I would rather have Clabo than Baker on the right side even though. IMO, Baker is best at LG, out of space.

The market for starting RT's is around 7 mil a year.... If TD and Rich can wrk their magic and get him signed for like 5-6 million a year... I would like him back... The problem is... If he hits FA.... A team will over pay... It happens... TD has talked about how expensive OT's is on the market...

We will attempt to resign him tho... I know we have Reynolds and Valdez (Whos the O-Line Coach likes allot)

2) Clabo wont go for it

LT - Light/Brown/Gaither

LG - Baker

OC - McClure

RT - Clabo

but more likely...

LG - Blaylock

OC - McClure/Hawley

RG - Johnson/Reynolds

RT - Clabo

How is your head spinning on this one? For as great of a RT that Clabo is, he's an even better guard. Great, strong hands along with good footwork. Not to mention the fact that Reynolds has played one game at RG in his career. It's about putting your best players in their best positions and our offensive line is better with Clabo at RG and Reynolds at RT than the other way around.

How is your head spinning on this one? For as great of a RT that Clabo is, he's an even better guard. Great, strong hands along with good footwork. Not to mention the fact that Reynolds has played one game at RG in his career. It's about putting your best players in their best positions and our offensive line is better with Clabo at RG and Reynolds at RT than the other way around.

my head is spinning because OT is a more valuable position. Why would we pay him OT money to move him to OG?

I think we would just get a OG instead (for less) and let him walk if they didnt want him @ OT.

Clabo wont take less money to have his position demoted, thats for sure.

Reynolds played one game at OG, but how many @ OT? If a guy is raw you let him earn his stripes at guard, then move him outside, not the other way around.

Reynolds (or someone else) could become our next RT. But quote me, if that is the case, Tyson Clabo will not be on the roster anymore. (unless they move him to LT, which i am intrigued by)

my head is spinning because OT is a more valuable position. Why would we pay him OT money to move him to OG?

I think we would just get a OG instead (for less) and let him walk.

Reynolds played one game at OG, but how many @ OT? If a guy is raw you let him earn his stripes at guard, then move him outside, not the other way around.

Reynolds (or someone else) could become our next RT. But quote me, if that is the case, Tyson Clabo will not be on the roster anymore. (unless they move him to LT)

He played 19 of his career 20 starts were made at RT. Clabo on the other hand played most of his games in college at the guard position (LG). He's a great player either way, we'd just be better off with him at OG than Reynolds or Mike Johnson (who definitely isn't ready) at this point. If a guy is a good player, he's going to make his money regardless of what position he plays.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Ok, I started this topic to see what everyone thought. Thanks for your thoughts. But before some of you respond to the topic read it first. I do not want Clabo gone. But how hard is it to fill his shoes through the draft or what not. I like him and Dahl and would like to keep both of them together on that side. But if Dahl is the least talented we have to improve the line so I can see us letting him go. But at RT at the 27th pick in the draft how much will you pay v/s paying Clabo.

I am all for keeping Clabo, but I am trying to look at the financial end of it as well. The team may not want to tie that much money into RT when they are still looking for a young stud L.T. If we can have both then fine. But L.T. is more important and if its pay Clabo and that hinders us in spending the money to get a top notch left tackle is all I am worried about. I will miss Dahl,and Clabo a lot more than Blalock from a fan stand point. To go un drafted and make it to were they are, they wll always be more humble and appreciative in my book at how they made it. No one gave them anything and they keep fighting and fighting till they made it. Nothing but love for both of them.

I am just trying to look at it from Blank and Dimitroff's perspective, not ours (the fans). And does it make sense from how they are looking at it to pay Clabo that kind of money with the money you will have to put into other positions of need like L.T., L.D.E. slot receiver, change of pace back, nickel postion and a few other needs. Can we afford him and still get top tier guys at those positions. Are we better off keeping him looking at it that way or letting him walk?

I mean a guy in the #27 spot of the draft (1st round) thats a right tackle how much would he cost? I love Clabo but I just hope you guys see what I am saying/asking. From a fans perspective no doubt we keep him. But looking at other needs, cap space, etc. can we afford him or will they be a trade off of not addressing other needs. And if so is the trade off worth it or not?

If we can address all our needs without sacrifice then I am all for paying him, just looking at it from a business perspective.

I hope this clears up why I am asking, and the intention of my post I started.