Adult Swim

jdell

I'm watching family guy and while exiting show going into commercial adult swim has a piece says "Congratulations to the 13-3 2010 Atlanta Falcons for shitting the bed in the playoffs in spite of all of that talent you imploded on national television against a wild card team you beat in the regular season, that took guts see you on the tee boxes!" I can't tell u how sick I felt watching that on my tv! We had our chance to gain mad respect and we didn't rise up I hope the falcons are as hungry as I am to change the tide for good!

It would be interesting to learn if Adult Swim had similar comments when the "New America's Team" Saints were embarrassed by the Seahawks, or when the "Invincible" Patriots dropped it to the Jets.

It won't happen. It's like the deal with Eli Manning. For the most part, he's been a total bust and he was called that UNTIL he became the Super Bowl MVP. He's pretty much done zilch since but you will never here him critisized. It will always be that way with the patriots and saints and every other team that has won a Lombardi in the last decade or so. Until we win one, we will get no respect, nor will we deserve it.

I believe in our organization but one of the worst parts of that loss is the perception (nationally) of our team and the ribbing I take for it. We are talented and have the pieces in place - people look at 45 years of losing and until we get a SB we're going to be looked at like a joke - I hate that feeling.

I am very envious of teams like the Packers/Cowboys/Steelers who have a history of championships and winning teams and can hold onto that and have that respect even in down years knowing they will be back again.

I cannot wait until we are that organization - TD and MS are going to go down in history together as turning this franchise around - and you'll start seeing Falcons in the HoF and guys like Tommy Nobis getting the credit and attention that they deserve.

we WILL be a dynasty

Brian van Gorder will be fired when? Waiting on Thomas D. to show he knows what he is doing. Let's see, drafted a 1st round LB last year that was a bust, drafted a 1st round defensive lineman the year before that was a bust. Hmmmmmmmm. I think he has Rich McKay syndrome, always drafting projects instead on impact players.

I believe in our organization but one of the worst parts of that loss is the perception (nationally) of our team and the ribbing I take for it. We are talented and have the pieces in place - people look at 45 years of losing and until we get a SB we're going to be looked at like a joke - I hate that feeling.

I am very envious of teams like the Packers/Cowboys/Steelers who have a history of championships and winning teams and can hold onto that and have that respect even in down years knowing they will be back again.

I cannot wait until we are that organization - TD and MS are going to go down in history together as turning this franchise around - and you'll start seeing Falcons in the HoF and guys like Tommy Nobis getting the credit and attention that they deserve.

we WILL be a dynasty

What gets me is how the fans are pooped on. The FANS.

1) It makes no sense whatsoever to go after a fanbase, if you're a media mogul/network/pundit. The only people offended by or watching such criticism would be REAL FANS. When they write an article on fan-support and how bad it is, the author never stops and thinks "if my target audience isn't watching the game, why would they be reading this article?"

2) Dallas and Pittsburgh are microcosms of fan support. I can't mention Green Bay cause it only has one team... well, unless you include Milwaukee.

The Cowboys win won a lot and have a giant fanbase. Rhetorical Question: Where are the Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars fans?

The Steelers/Penguins win a lot and have giant fanbases. Rhetorical Question: Where are the Pirates fans?

Green bay wins a lot and has a giant fan base. Rhetorical question: Where are Bucks and Brewers fans?

My OBVIOUS point is, if your franchise starts winning championships, the fans come out and support it. The few exceptions are small parks, with local teams, that have been there for many decades (Cubs/Red Sox - pre 2003).

What other fans and writers don't get is, Atlanta has ONE CHAMPIONSHIP. And look at how attendance skyrocketed after 1991. Yet all they can point out is how we didn't sell out playoff games from 2000 on... despite the fact we kept losing in the 1st (once in the 2nd) round, at home, and people got tired of watching it.

We're supposed to "run out" and support the Thrashers because they won 8 out of 11 (cbs wrote an article on lack of attendance). Ghee, the Thrashers overall record is like 150 games UNDER .500, it's expensive, and they've shown no staying power for winning. I take that back, they won their division ONE TIME, and then were swept by the Rangers. Yeah, that really gets a fanbase energized about a sport that nobody plays.

We should be packing the house for the Hawks! You know, that team that hasn't won consecutive playoff series since coming to Atlanta 40+ years ago.

SI called us Loserville, USA after the 1980 NFCCG. Well 30 out of 31 years of losing will do one thing: give wisdom to a fanbase.

A lot of people here don't come out and support their the sports teams (myself NOT included because I'm gullible and too hopeful) because they know they aren't going to win it all.

And for the older folks, they are right 153 out of 154 times. 154 professional sports seasons here in Atlanta: one championship.

It'd be nice if ONE writer, even one of ours, acknowledged that supporting teams in the WORST SPORTS CITY IN AMERICA actually takes GREAT FANS, rather than focusing on those that don't show up.

/rant

Adult Swim is based in Atlanta, so they were probably just disappointed like the rest of us. The only difference is they can take out their frustration on TV.

I never knew that.

That explains why they used to have a little commercial of just a photo of I-75 I think it was heading toward Dunwoody from Spaghetti Junction. Not sure where the photo actually was, it's been a while since I've seen it. It was one of the major highways though.

They also used to have a little commercial of what looked like a miniature model city of Atlanta.

Never understood why, but that explains it.