Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

Senior Bowl Thread

74 posts in this topic

I'd like to see how Jake Locker performs. I think if he manages to put up a phenomenal performance then he could become the consensus #1 QB in this draft class.

For a Falcons perspective, I'd like to keep an eye on a few players.

From the North Roster, I like:

Jeremy Beal, Gabe Carimi, Rashad Carmichael, Anthony Castonzo, Mason Foster, Sione Fua, Roy Helu Jr., Mark Herzlich, Kendall Hunter, Greg Jones, Cameron Jordan, Colin Kaepernick, Lance Kendricks, Ryan Kerrigan, Casey Matthews, John Moffitt, DeMarco Murray, Stephen Paea, Nate Solder, Ricky Stanzi, Titus Young

From the South Roster, I like:

Sam Acho, Allen Bailey, Ahmad Black, Clint Boling, James Carpenter, Andy Dalton, Noel Devine, Marcus Gilbert, Leonard Hankerson, Rodney Hudson, Ronald Johnson, Derrick Locke, DeMarcus Love, Greg McElroy, Von Miller, Kristofer O'Dowd, Christian Ponder, Brooks Reed, Derek Sherrod, Luke Stocker, Phil Taylor, Danny Watkins, D.J. Williams, Lee Ziemba

A lot of guys really, lol. I probably missed a few also. I have to admit, I think the North team is a little more sick. That defensive line that they have could be a nightmare. I bolded the guys that I could really, really see as future Atlanta Falcons.

DeMarco Murray

Gabe Carimi

Rashad Carmichael

Lance Kendricks

Austin Pettis

Titus Young

Ryan Kerrigan

Mark Herzlich

Casey Matthews

Sam Acho

Andy Dalton

Allen Bailey

D.J. Williams

Phil Taylor

Luke Stocker

Johnny Patrick

Falcon Free agents.

resign:

Keonen

Bryant

Clabo

Grimes

Nicholas

Snelling

Walker

Weems

Blalock

Let go:

Dahl-good runblocker, average pass blocker- mike johnson will get a shot @ RG

Norwood-Injury prone

Fin- will retire

Lewis-buried on the depth chart

Williams-old

Peterson-old

Team Needs.

CB

WR

HB

DE

LB

F/A:

James Jones WR- He is a very good/Athletic WR and would take over #3 spot. douglas needs competition.

Draft:

1st rnd- Aaron Williams- CB Texas- Will beef up our pass defense by taking over the nickel spot from day 1

2nd rnd- Ryan Williams- RB V-Tech- Replaces Norwood, and will split carries with Turner, Snelling becomes the 3rd back.

3rd rnd- Greg Romeus- DE Pitt- will come in and rotate on the d-line

4th rnd- Dwayne Harris- WR ECU- speed @ the wr position is key, will compete for a spot.

5th rnd- Rob Housler- TE FAU- athletic but undersized, Aaron Hernandez? and could put on a weight

6th rnd- Michael Morgan- OLB USC- depth behind Nicholas

7th rnd- Jason savella- OG FAU0- Team captain, and did not surrender a sack all year, lead blocker for the all time rusher in FAU history, very under-rated. could shoot up the boards

OptimumScouting

"At glance right now, I'd say the Titans win with the most personnel here at #SeniorBowl, with Atlanta, Houston, and Jacksonville all close"

OptimumScouting

"At glance right now, I'd say the Titans win with the most personnel here at #SeniorBowl, with Atlanta, Houston, and Jacksonville all close"

Yup... The senior bowl is kinda big for us.... Sam Baker had a big senior bowl week... Peria Jerry had a big senior bowl week... and Spoon had a senior bowl week...

OptimumScouting

Just another indication our first pick will come from this game

There are a lot of great players in this Bowl. I am really looking forward to seeing:

Ballard

Carimi

Carmichael

Hunter

Jones, Greg

Jordan, Cameron

Hendricks

Murray

Pinkston

Solder

Wilson

Young

and the south:

Acho

Hankerson

Johnson, Ronald

O'Dowd

Powell

Stocker

Watkins

Wright, K.J

Ziemba

Still bad though that Szczur won't be here. Oh well.

Sam Acho from Texas was a freak but Miami DL Allen Bailey took the cake this year

Allen Bailey/DL/Miami looked tremendous during weigh in 6032/278

We knew the guy would past this part of the test... now its time for him to do his thing on the field.

Just another indication our first pick will come from this game

I still don't think our 1st rd pick will come from here. I can see a 3-4 rd pick tho.

I'm still kind of thinking tho if Sherrod is there would we pass?(slight thought)

I already think Derek Sherrod is the best offensive lineman in this draft, but now that he's been weighed in and measured, I think it's unquestionable!

Yup... The senior bowl is kinda big for us.... Sam Baker had a big senior bowl week... Peria Jerry had a big senior bowl week... and Spoon had a senior bowl week...

(1) We really like seniors.

(2) Mobile is an easy drive from Atlanta, so it makes it easy for us to take more staff to evaluate players. I wouldn't be surprised if they chartered a bus and drove the entire staff down.

OptimumScouting

None of these cities are that far from Mobile.

Strange not to see New Orleans or Tampa on the list. The senior bowl is a great chance to evaluate players.

lol... I know but i was expecting 6'1 to atleast 6'0 and a half

Don't see what the big deal is between 1 inch though. A lot of these guys are smaller than listed.