If the Steelers win another Superbowl, I'll be disgusted.

I Even Bleed Red

They were 3-1 without him in the regular season. You said losing means more in the playoffs, then so does winning. You really think they get to the Super Bowl without him?

Yes! Yes, I do. I'm not saying he isn't better than his backups because he obviously is, and he should be, but HE is not the primary reason they win games. Like I said, the Stealers won the first Superbowl having Ben as a liability not an asset. They didn't win it because of him, but IN SPITE of him. They won because of their running game and their DEFENSE. They can do it again. I will admit that he did throw a great pass at the end of the last Superbowl he won. Arizona was one play away from winning that one.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I give them the credit they deserve. They're a great team, and always have been a great organization. I'm sick of them finding ways to win with not so extraordinary talent. D!ck Lebeau is a defensive genius...goes to show you what a good DC will do for a team. I don't care if I sound like a hater! 7 Superbowls are too many! We have teams that have never even been the Superbowl. I hate them. I'll be cheering for the Packers. Rapelessburger doesn't deserve 3 rings. He's not that good! They win all the time because of their defense.

I agree, I’m sick of the Steelers. Most Steeler fans are front runners any way and are probably also NY Yankee and LA Laker fans.

Yes, I give them the credit they deserve. They're a great team, and always have been a great organization. I'm sick of them finding ways to win with not so extraordinary talent. D!ck Lebeau is a defensive genius...goes to show you what a good DC will do for a team. I don't care if I sound like a hater! 7 Superbowls are too many! We have teams that have never even been the Superbowl. I hate them. I'll be cheering for the Packers. Rapelessburger doesn't deserve 3 rings. He's not that good! They win all the time because of their defense.

Doesn't Gren bay have like 12 titles? Remember they have been winning the Super Bowl and the championship before the Super Bowl. I get what you mean. I just hate Ben Rapistburger and I'm sick and tired of the Steelers.

And I think of the 2 teams, equal defenses, except GB has better CBs, GB has a hands sown better air attack, reminds me of the Greatest show on turf of the Rams days. Why we need a Bookend WR to Roddy. ;)

Green Bay is going to win. ;)

Doesn't Gren bay have like 12 titles? Remember they have been winning the Super Bowl and the championship before the Super Bowl. I get what you mean. I just hate Ben Rapistburger and I'm sick and tired of the Steelers.

And I think of the 2 teams, equal defenses, except GB has better CBs, GB has a hands sown better air attack, reminds me of the Greatest show on turf of the Rams days. Why we need a Bookend WR to Roddy. ;)

Green Bay is going to win. ;)

Don't count out the Stealers, man. They have players who rise, not crack, under pressure. These players have seen it all before; they have been there and done that. That intangible is an invaluable advantage the Stealers hold over the Packers.

Yes! Yes, I do. I'm not saying he isn't better than his backups because he obviously is, and he should be, but HE is not the primary reason they win games. Like I said, the Stealers won the first Superbowl having Ben as a liability not an asset. They didn't win it because of him, but IN SPITE of him. They won because of their running game and their DEFENSE. They can do it again. I will admit that he did throw a great pass at the end of the last Superbowl he won. Arizona was one play away from winning that one.

Hi there welcome to 2011. I think you got lost somewhere in between the years 2007-2010. Ben hasn't had a running game or an offensive line since 2006.

Keep in mind the Steelers were 6-10 the year prior to drafting him and hadn't won a SB since the late 70s. Cowher had the #1 defense and #1 running game a quite a few times in the 90s but couldn't get the job done in the playoffs. A franchise QB is the difference. Ben makes plays and is one of the most efficient quarterbacks in the game. His ability to convert 3rd and long situations is uncanny. YPA is one of the most defining stats for a QB, and Ben's is usually at the top year after year.

And you bring up his Super Bowl XL performance, but don't bring up the 3 games prior where he obliterated the #1, #2 and #3 seeded AFC teams finish with 7 TDs, 3 INTs, and a 101 QB rating. All this despite is poor SB (as a 2nd year). You can compare this with Peyton Manning's SB run where he threw for (hold your laughter) 3 TDs and 7 INTs.

Now that I've proven you don't know much about the Steelers. Carry on.

Edited by DanRooney

like you said, its all about their DC, he is a defensive genius, and they win games solely because they have a great playcaller at D.

If we had a DC with even 1/5th the brainpower as **** Lebou, we would have a ring this year.

I would imagine if the Falcons had Troy Palamalu and James Harrison, BVG would be looking a helluva lot smarter to people on the board.

Not to take anything away from Lebeau, he is an incredible DC.

First of all, I don't know how this whole Rapelisberger thing took off so fast. It's like people were in such a rush to make a funny portmanteau and didn't give it enough thought.

I much prefer Roethlisraper. It rolls more fluidly off the tongue and allows you to use the ROETH part of the name that makes it easily recognizable at a glance. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

BTW, Roethlisraper didn't find those two rings he has in a cracker jack box. Whether or not anyone sees him a great QB doesn't change the fact that he's been given a job to do, and more often than not, has done it well enough. If he wins another one this year it will be hard to argue that he is anything but spectacular...

1. I love it - I've been calling him Roethlisraper too.

2. He rode a strong running game, great defense, and some pretty decent passing to those 2 rings (argh!)

The rapist is an elite QB... even if we hate him. =/

I would imagine if the Falcons had Troy Palamalu and James Harrison, BVG would be looking a helluva lot smarter to people on the board.

Not to take anything away from Lebeau, he is an incredible DC.

Didn't Lebeau coach the first SB? Or am I thinking of the pickup game Christ played against King Tut? Yes, Lebeau is that old.

=P

He is a good DC, definitely... but he's also had the good fortune of always having the personnel to run his system (though -- the Steel Curtain 2010 is waaaaaaaaaaaaay different without Troy in the lineup)

Don't hate!! LOL!! Hopefully one day will get a DC like D*ck Lebeau.

Don't hate!! LOL!! Hopefully one day will get a DC like D*ck Lebeau.

Hopefully! I know BVG would look a lot smarter if we had players like Troy and Harrison on our roster, but Lebeau's genius is that he finds these players and many others that fit HIS system. And the blitz packages he puts together, purely incredible. Their defense is more of a scoring threat than their offense lol