366 YARDS PASSING

kenk

PASSING--Green Bay, Rodgers 31-36-0-366. OUCH THAT HURT.. Some fans here are looking to add a RB or a TE to replace TG. What we need i think is a couple of fast cover CB. Are you tired of seeing us play the 10 yard off weak zone coverage? Lets get some fast/coverage CBs that can play man on man. Lets sign shut down CB Asomugha Why=PASSING--Green Bay, Rodgers 31-36-0-366. add a great pass rushing DE and we go to the SB next season. I think our coaches are very good we just need better Talent..

PASSING--Green Bay, Rodgers 31-36-0-366. OUCH THAT HURT.. Some fans here are looking to add a RB or a TE to replace TG. What we need i think is a couple of fast cover CB. Are you tired of seeing us play the 10 yard off weak zone coverage? Lets get some fast/coverage CBs that can play man on man. Lets sign shut down CB Asomugha Why=PASSING--Green Bay, Rodgers 31-36-0-366. add a great pass rushing DE and we go to the SB next season. I think our coaches are very good we just need better Talent..

Signing fast corners does not change the defensive scheme. Just ask Dunta Robinson. While in Houston, Robinson ran mostly man to man. Came to Atlanta with the same skill set, and was put into a zone cover scheme.

Signing fast corners does not change the defensive scheme. Just ask Dunta Robinson. While in Houston, Robinson ran mostly man to man. Came to Atlanta with the same skill set, and was put into a zone cover scheme.

<<

Robinson is to slow now to run man to man. No wonder the Texans sucked on pass coverage when he played..

The Texans were the worst passing defense team in the NFL without him this season.

This is a message board get your facts, statistics and legitimate insight out of here the only thing that matters is the opinion of our whiniest fans who are bitter about a loss. Clearly having another corner will allow our LBs to cover better and our other Defensive linemen besides Abe to get pressure and our young safeties to learn the advanced pass patterns of the NFL despite their minimal playing experience. Yes Aso will change this despite the fact that it was neither of our starting CBs who were targeted in that game so we have to bench the only two players on the field who did their job that night because the gaps in between their zones being covered by other players were open. There is no such thing as a CB who has to play off so that argument is invalid.

Problem is we get no pressure. We can send 6 guys and all of them get picked up with no problem. We need some guys on that line that demand double team.

<<<

I thought Abe played a good game putting presure on the qb but u right we need more help maybe add a DE passrusher??

We had PLENTY of pressure. We just didn't complete the plays (sacks). I've been harping on this for a while now. If we get those 5-6 sacks that we missed out on, the Packers get out of the 4-5 WR sets and put more blockers on the LOS to help with pass protection. This gets Owens off the field, and plays Directly into the hands of our defense. We get those sacks and it's a whole different ball game.

Maybe if we used the same game plan as the one we used against the Saints in the last game we might of been able to slow the GB passing attack. When you continue to rush three, and place everyone else in coverage what do you expect?

Corners are only able to cover for about five seconds no matter how good they are. We used that Ruch only three plays all year and really....it never worked.

<<<

I thought Abe played a good game putting presure on the qb but u right we need more help maybe add a DE passrusher??

No maybe. We do. The last time the Falcons had a good DE to pair up with Abe is when Pat Kerney was here. We can't keep going into every year without a every down DE. I hope TD address this problem in free agency.

No maybe. We do. The last time the Falcons had a good DE to pair up with Abe is when Pat Kerney was here. We can't keep going into every year without a every down DE. I hope TD address this problem in free agency.

I said it last year, we should have spent a little more and signed Peppers, rather than Dunta. Peppers with Abe would have made a far bigger impact for our pass def, than a slightly above avg CB. You dont pass up on elite talent.

Now we have another elite talent available in Nnamdi Asougha. He could truly take our def to the next level just like Peppers would have. But we will pass over him and over pay another avg player.

We could also get Charles Johnson if he not franchised, but we will pass.

Getting their offense off the field once or twice might have helped with that.

Honestly, back to back drives before the half and right after the half is what our defense had to contend with. To me, it all started with the offense and it wasn't the first time our offense put the defense right back on the field...i.e, the last Saints Game. The Defense Gets an INT for a TD, the defense, JA55 bats the ball in the air for an INT at MID FIELD, and the offense did NOTHING. We essentially asked our defense to stop the Saints Offense 3 times in a row before our Offense scored... :wacko:

Getting their offense off the field once or twice might have helped with that.

<<<

yOU DONT GET TO MANY CHANCES ON OFFENSE WHEN YOUR DEFENSE IS GIVEN UP 442 YARDS AND 366 IN THE AIR AND 6.4 YARDS PER PLAY..you ever notice Our DBs make any average QB look like Jonny Unitas!!! need defense help! HELP NOW!!!!!!!!!!! CB and DE

The defense couldn't even force the Packers into a SINGLE PUNT for the entire game, and you're pinning the loss on the offense. :wacko:

Unless you have the Ravens defense, which we don't, then maybe our offense could get away with 186 passing yards. Too many times this year our offense struggled with putting the ball in the endzone. Show me where I pinned the loss on the offense. Just admit that you can never see any wrong with the offense.... -_-