We are in a great position for trading down in the draft.

FlyHighFalcons

Every year it seems like one of the bottom 8-10 teams in the NFL draft picks up two second rounders (or an early second and third) for their pick. We could be that team. There are some QBs looking to go late first, as well as a group of OTs and some solid players that could fall. I wouldn't mind seeing us do that because I don't feel like the talent drop off is bad at all this year. You can get a player in the early to middle part of the 2nd that would be just as good as anybody in the late portion of the first.

I just feel like we have a lot of small needs that could be filled by getting more picks. If you can somehow land two EXTRA second rounders then you can land a DE that slips, a CB that slips or whatever is the best player available.

If Aldon Smith falls, then I want us to stay, otherwise I would probably want this. That won't happen.

We could put ourselves in a position of more luxury by doing this. We could then very easily justify drafting a DeMarco Murray in the latter part of the 2nd or early part of the 3rd.

Late in the 1st is usually a good spot for some maneuvering, but in the past, TD has not shown much willingness to trade down, preferring to get his target player, often while ignoring value.

HOw would u know? It's not like any of us are privy to information on potential trade proposals.

HOw would u know? It's not like any of us are privy to information on potential trade proposals.

Have you ever followed a draft and watched the moves teams like Philadelphia and New England make? Why do they do that? It's because they have identified a player and assigned a number in the draft they feel he falls into. Once that's done they swap picks to move up or down and draft the player they wanted at a value they wanted to spend. Not many teams do that. Most want to make sure they get their man before anyone else does. It's just a difference in draft philosophies.

Well, we're now dealing from the bottom of the draft w/ the rest of the bigboys. Yes indeed!! 27 is a real interesting spot to listen to other teams. Especially if 4 or 5 guys begin to drop. Especially QB's or Left tackles. Maybe even that coveted 3-4 LB/rusher. Adding several picks would be flat out awesome especially in the 2nd round. Big talent all over the place. We could really fill out the team nicely. TD is already in draft board mode you can bet on it.