He is not what we thought he was...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may just be emotional b/c we are not in this NFC championship game but..HOW THE **** CAN TD JUSTIFY PASSING ON CLAY MATTHEWS/DEZ BRYANT FOR PERIA JERRY/SEAN WEATHERSPOON (2 regulars at Grady Memorial)????!!!!!!

I belive both were drafted before our number came up,and the cowboys and packers would have wanted alot to move up to get them.I feel your pain though,i was wanting either matthews are brain cushing and we didnt get neither,we got two players that are not in the starting lineup,i mean come on.

I guess that clairvoyant TD should have foreseens that Jerry would suffer a serious knee injury in the 2nd game of his career. Mathews was also a 3-4 OLB.

As for weatherspoon, OLB was a MUCH greater need than WR, and Weatherspoon looked just fine until he was injured.

I think you'll see a quick change in our philosophy on this. We concentrated almost entirely in the trenches this draft. TD has already come on the radio stating that we are looking for "explosive playmakers" on both sides of the ball this offseason. He hasn't ruled out big FA moves, or trade-ups for impact guys. He knows we don't match well with Philly or GB.

But look what he inherited. You have to build the trenches first, or else you end up like Detroit. Or like we were 5 years ago when we acquired WR after WR...Price, Lelie, Jenks, White. But it didn't help cause Vick had no OL and was running for his life.

@falconsfan84: Man you can't tell me that you dont look at TD's (TD=terrible decisons) moves and think the same things from time to time...

I.E.

-DUNTA OVER PEPPERS (nuff said..shoulda been fired over that!)

-PERIA OVER CLAY "BLOODLINE" MATTHEWS, VONTAE DAVIS, AND HAKEEM NICKS

-SEAN WEATHERSPOON(did his azz make it thru a full game) over DEZ BRYANT (b4 he got hurt he became the cowboys #1 over Austin and Williams)

-chris owens

-william middleton

-passing on RAY MALALUGA (been on of the few bright spots for the bengals)

*****MOVING UP IN THE DRAFT TO PICK SAMANTHA BAKER!!!!!!!!!******

Did i miss any? Im sure i did..FIRE THIS IDIOT MR. BLANK

Look all I know is that this is by far and away the greatest couple of years in this franchise's history. Would really not want to mess with the Head Coach and GM who got us here. For cripes sakes they haven't even had a losing season. How many other first 3 year head coaches and GMs can say that?

I belive both were drafted before our number came up,and the cowboys and packers would have wanted alot to move up to get them.I feel your pain though,i was wanting either matthews are brain cushing and we didnt get neither,we got two players that are not in the starting lineup,i mean come on.

Na man..we passed on both clay matthews(09 draft picked 26; we picked peria @ 24) and dez bryant ('10 draft picked 24 and we had 19th pick)

Nobody hits 100% of the time. The fact that we have like 8 starters out of the past 3 drafts is pretty phenomenal if you ask me...

I'm certainly dont expect TD to be 100% right. With that said when you make a move like passing on Peppers to be fiscally responsible, then OVERPAY for Dunta Robinson (who NOBODY competed w/ us for; NOT EVEN HIS OWN TEAM) in the same breath..I have to question you...

Guest mashburn

wow did you really just make this post? so do you think TD is stupid for getting ryan, turner, mike smith, Tony G, Dunta robinson? you may say you don't like some of those guys. but at least he has picked some good guys. he clearly went after our needs. and that is what ou have to do o get a team to being great. and it takes time to do it this way. and now that we have our needs, some may not be great, but at least they are something; means that now we can start to draft what the best option is available. (this is how I see it).

You think any team can just throw money at a player and they'll accept it. Have you ever wondered if Julius Peppers may have just told us that he did not want to become an Atlanta Falcon?

Peria Jerry was a guy that fit our scheme perfectly and he was projected to go before pick 20 by a lot of "experts". Sure, he had an injury history, just like William Moore, but I don't think you should pass up on somebody who honestly should have been taken about 10 picks before you are picking, because of an injury concern.

I'm not going to say I wished we drafted Clay Matthews, because a lot of people didn't think he was going to be drafted in the 1st round. He wasn't that great in college, and he wasn't even a full time starter for USC until halfway through the season, and he was NOT a LBer.

However, I did want us to take Vontae Davis in 2009, but at the same time I was really high on Peria Jerry and I had him going a lot higher than what we got him for, so I can't say I hated that pick-up.

@falconsfan84: Man you can't tell me that you dont look at TD's (TD=terrible decisons) moves and think the same things from time to time...

I.E.

-DUNTA OVER PEPPERS (nuff said..shoulda been fired over that!)

-PERIA OVER CLAY "BLOODLINE" MATTHEWS, VONTAE DAVIS, AND HAKEEM NICKS

-SEAN WEATHERSPOON(did his azz make it thru a full game) over DEZ BRYANT (b4 he got hurt he became the cowboys #1 over Austin and Williams)

-chris owens

-william middleton

-passing on RAY MALALUGA (been on of the few bright spots for the bengals)

*****MOVING UP IN THE DRAFT TO PICK SAMANTHA BAKER!!!!!!!!!******

Did i miss any? Im sure i did..FIRE THIS IDIOT MR. BLANK

Take a chill pill. No one in their right mind would fire TD.

I'm certainly dont expect TD to be 100% right. With that said when you make a move like passing on Peppers to be fiscally responsible, then OVERPAY for Dunta Robinson (who NOBODY competed w/ us for; NOT EVEN HIS OWN TEAM) in the same breath..I have to question you...

Who said we passed on Peppers because we wanted to be 'fiscally responsible'? JP had a ton of questions about his work effort and desire ... it wasn't just money.

Everything isn't as cut and dried as everyone thinks it is.

wow did you really just make this post? so do you think TD is stupid for getting ryan, turner, mike smith, Tony G, Dunta robinson? you may say you don't like some of those guys. but at least he has picked some good guys. he clearly went after our needs. and that is what ou have to do o get a team to being great. and it takes time to do it this way. and now that we have our needs, some may not be great, but at least they are something; means that now we can start to draft what the best option is available. (this is how I see it).

I know I'm just a fan, but here's what I see...I think the Falcons F/O BLINDLY picks for positional need. I know as a team we have needs, but if there is a player at a certain position that we need (thats available), and he is NOT WORTH us taking, DONT MAKE THE PICK (OR FA AQUISITION)! Go and get the **** Playmakers!!!!

Who said we passed on Peppers because we wanted to be 'fiscally responsible'? JP had a ton of questions about his work effort and desire ... it wasn't just money.

Everything isn't as cut and dried as everyone thinks it is.

So do you believe it was a good idea to pass on peppers and get Dunta's sorry arse?? This F/O needs to grow some balls. For years they saw (first hand) what peppers was capable of. Then dimitroff figures for whatever reason that this BEAST isn't worth it but Dunta is??!!! GIMME A BREAK!!!!

So do you believe it was a good idea to pass on peppers and get Dunta's sorry arse?? This F/O needs to grow some balls. For years they saw (first hand) what peppers was capable of. Then dimitroff figures for whatever reason that this BEAST isn't worth it but Dunta is??!!! GIMME A BREAK!!!!

I didn't particularly want Peppers, and I like having Dunta way more than having Crisp Hoston.

I've seen many games where Peppers was disinterested, and a non-factor. Not a player I was interested in spending $91M on.

Again, I'm going to reiterate. Did it ever cross your mind that Julius Peppers may not have wanted to come to Atlanta? Money can't buy everybody and we will never know the entire story.

What is the point of complaining about our past draft picks and FA's anyways? TD has done a great job with our team. It's amazing that we did not turn into the Detroit Lions or some team like that and experience a decade of losing after what happened to us. If you don't like his pics, maybe you should focus on our future instead of our past and how you think we can improve on what we already have.

I guess that clairvoyant TD should have foreseens that Jerry would suffer a serious knee injury in the 2nd game of his career. Mathews was also a 3-4 OLB.

As for weatherspoon, OLB was a MUCH greater need than WR, and Weatherspoon looked just fine until he was injured.

Pariah Jerry's injury was not unforeseen. Freak accident or not, Pariah has a huge history of injuries in college. Couple that with the fact that Jerry was old coming out college, this was a bad pick from the start.