Were we really that bad last week or is GB just that good?

The falcons were that bad. remember they played a game earlier that the falcons should have lost . In fact there were about 5 game that the falcons squeaked out that wernt impressive wins. They were lucky to be 13-3 but could have easily been a 8-8 team and thats what they played like even with a week off.

That would be more telling if there were totally dominant teams this year. But you could pretty much say the same thing for all the teams--there were a whole lotta wins squeaked out this season.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like most of the posters on this board thought the falcons were the dominant team because they were 13-3.

:lol:

Well I wasn't one of them.

I never in my dreams thought we would go 13-3 as early as this year.

But we had just as good a chance as anybody at going to the big dance from the NFC this year.

That was my point about even the top teams had all squeaked out a few wins, and we were certainly in the mix.

But I knew God wasn't gonna be on our side when Jenks slipped in the endzone in the GreenBay game.

I went "Uh oh" and got a bad feeling (that only got worse :wacko: )

We were outcoached, outplayed, and embarrassed. No, we are not that bad, and no, they are not quite that good. But on that given day green bay was not to be stopped. I would love to know just how many total sacks we blew between NO & GB...

Amen Brother my thoughts exactly .... what happened in that game was a total melt down by ATL coaches across the board. they didn't know what hit them.. you could see the deer in head lite look all game long.. ...the Falcons were out coached plain and simple.. I give Green Bay credit they won but player for player no way they should have been 27 points better on that day or any day... ATL cant brush off the way they have always played the game with the not to loose mentality instead of playing to win and kicking azz till the whistle blows..that's coaching.. Still a fan Thur thick and thin Go Falcons.............................

I think it was both.

We definitely had one of our worst games of all season last week, and the Packers are a talented team.

I wish things had gone our way last week... :(

Yah, I keep thinking about something Keith Brooking (I think) said a while back when talking about the SuperBowl.

He went to the SuperBowl his first year and thought "Wow, this was easy!" He said he assumed he'd be back some more. He said you don't realize how few opportunities that there will be to get there.

We did squander a golden opportunity this year and that's what hurts so bad.

:lol:

Well I wasn't one of them.

I never in my dreams thought we would go 13-3 as early as this year.

But we had just as good a chance as anybody at going to the big dance from the NFC this year.

That was my point about even the top teams had all squeaked out a few wins, and we were certainly in the mix.

But I knew God wasn't gonna be on our side when Jenks slipped in the endzone in the GreenBay game.

I went "Uh oh" and got a bad feeling (that only got worse :wacko: )

Yeah 4 turnovers didnt help the falcons cause. folks can blame the coaches but in reality the falcons needed to match score for score and the turnovers wiped that out

Now the AFC had several squeakers too, don't get it twisted. The Patriots and Steelers could have been mediocre as well. That's why I don't buy this whole "they got lucky" BS. Lucky doesn't repeatedly happen. ****, you could argue that Green Bay got "lucky" because they caught us off our game. :(

Green bay played better football as the season winded down to where the falcons showed weakness

Yah, I keep thinking about something Keith Brooking (I think) said a while back when talking about the SuperBowl.

He went to the SuperBowl his first year and thought "Wow, this was easy!" He said he assumed he'd be back some more. He said you don't realize how few opportunities that there will be to get there.

We did squander a golden opportunity this year and that's what hurts so bad.

That just goes to show how hard it is to become a champion in the NFL. ^_^

I know that Atlanta was bad in the playoffs, I'm not disputing that. However, Atlanta played quality football throughout the season so 13-3 was not luck. Period. That's all I'm saying.

Im saying about 5 of there wins could have easily been losses, I think 49ers, saints bengals packers and ravens found a way to lose. so the falcons ended up 13-3 but were more like a 8-8 team and showed it in the playoffs. The quality of some of there wins were not impressive therefore i knew they would not get far inthe playoffs and they showed i was right. Thats the nature of the falcons, history backs it up

Im saying about 5 of there wins could have easily been losses, I think 49ers, saints bengals packers and ravens found a way to lose. so the falcons ended up 13-3 but were more like a 8-8 team and showed it in the playoffs. The quality of some of there wins were not impressive therefore i knew they would not get far inthe playoffs and they showed i was right. Thats the nature of the falcons, history backs it up

And I'm saying that 7 of Pittsburgh's could have been losses. Maybe the Falcons, Titans, Ravens, Dolphins, Bengals, and Buffalo found a way to lose as well. So the Steelers ended up 10-6 but could have EASILY been a sub .500 team. The quality of some of their wins were not impressive either. One can nit pick all day long and can find were ALL 32 teams are "lucky" to have the record that they have.

I don't care about impressive. I don't care about point spread. I don't care about history. History says that the Raiders are the s$%t. Not the case now, is it? History says that NOLA will never get a ring. Not the case now either. :angry:

All I know was that at the end of the season, Atlanta had 13 Ws, whether it was the Raven's game or the Panther's game, they were W's. Not to mention that before the playoffs, Atlanta only had one blow out against "superior" teams. 13-3 never was and still isn't luck. That's just how I see it.

And I'm saying that 7 of Pittsburgh's could have been losses. Maybe the Falcons, Titans, Ravens, Dolphins, Bengals, and Buffalo found a way to lose as well. So the Steelers ended up 10-6 but could have EASILY been a sub .500 team. The quality of some of their wins were not impressive either. One can nit pick all day long and can find were ALL 32 teams are "lucky" to have the record that they have.

I don't care about impressive. I don't care about point spread. I don't care about history. History says that the Raiders are the s$%t. Not the case now, is it? History says that NOLA will never get a ring. Not the case now either. :angry:

All I know was that at the end of the season, Atlanta had 13 Ws, whether it was the Raven's game or the Panther's game, they were W's. Not to mention that before the playoffs, Atlanta only had one blow out against "superior" teams. 13-3 never was and still isn't luck. That's just how I see it.

lets see the steelers have played in 7 superbowls and won 6 of them. They know how to win and have a history of winning and finding ways to win. the falcons played in 1 superbowl and lost. the falcons just last year had there 1st back to back winning season in there franchise history. The know how to find ways to lose

If we had any type of defense what so ever we would be going to Dallas next week. Our defense should have hit Rodgers last week, even if you had to take a couple of penalties. Chicago rattled him this week and showed he is no good when hit a couple of times. Jay Cutler has no heart, don't want to hear anybody talk about Ryan. Sitting here and still cannot believe Van Gorder is still employed with Falcons. Really depressed about sense of urgency this franchise has about this. Our defense is putrid and we have not done anything about it all week to tell the Atlanta fans that ownership wants to win it all.

lets see the steelers have played in 7 superbowls and won 6 of them. They know how to win and have a history of winning and finding ways to win. the falcons played in 1 superbowl and lost. the falcons just last year had there 1st back to back winning season in there franchise history. The know how to find ways to lose

how the heck does some dunce compare winning 6 of 7 to losing 1 of 1? Seriously? Maybe some Stealers version of you was going "well we lost a super bowl we find ways to lose". you are a moron. do you realize you shot yourself in the foot with your own feeble attempt at an argument? i hope you don't have kids. when the falcons go to 7 super bowls, then let's compare a success rate. until then, try forming rational thoughts, or STFU and GTFO. dummy.