Your most underrated recruit

So I wanted to know who everybody thinks is the most underrated recruit to them in this years class so far. For me far and away the answer is Angelo Blackson, I truly believe intel years he will be another star defensive tackle of the Nick Fairley prototype, Angelo is the same size as Nick and in his film he DOMINATES the LOS, IMO Angelo Blackson is going to be a name you hear again at the Lombardi presentation.

So I wanted to know who everybody thinks is the most underrated recruit to them in this years class so far. For me far and away the answer is Angelo Blackson, I truly believe intel years he will be another star defensive tackle of the Nick Fairley prototype, Angelo is the same size as Nick and in his film he DOMINATES the LOS, IMO Angelo Blackson is going to be a name you hear again at the Lombardi presentation.

Does he know how to use his face mask like a razor, to slice the skin off a quarterback's chin once he gets him pinned to the ground? Can he properly place his helmet in the middle of a qb's back two seconds after the pass has been released? Has he perfected his body slam on quarterbacks who don't have the ball?

There's a lot to be learned before a guy can fill Fairley's shoes. But, I'm sure Auburn's coaches are up to the task of teaching all those things.

Edited by CalDawg

Does he know how to use his face mask like a razor, to slice the skin off a quarterback's chin once he gets him pinned to the ground? Can he properly place his helmet in the middle of a qb's back two seconds after the pass has been released? Has he perfected his body slam on quarterbacks who don't have the ball?

There's a lot to be learned before a guy can fill Fairley's shoes. But, I'm sure Auburn's coaches are up to the task of teaching all those things.

Idk about that yet, it wasn't in any of the film I saw but I'm sure if he doesn't he can learn, he does look like he will dominate the LOS like he's playing against girl scouts, hebalso looks like he enjoys spending his days in the backfield of opposing offenses, not to mention the kid is so athletic that in 7-7 tourneys he played safety, just to put that in perspective they had a kid that was 6-5 290 playing safety in 7-7 drills

Idk about that yet, it wasn't in any of the film I saw but I'm sure if he doesn't he can learn, he does look like he will dominate the LOS like he's playing against girl scouts, hebalso looks like he enjoys spending his days in the backfield of opposing offenses, not to mention the kid is so athletic that in 7-7 tourneys he played safety, just to put that in perspective they had a kid that was 6-5 290 playing safety in 7-7 drills

If I never told you, I really appreciate your sense of humor. Its not your fault that your team plays dirty than mine, but you're a good fan and you do have a great sense of humor.

If I never told you, I really appreciate your sense of humor. Its not your fault that your team plays dirty than mine, but you're a good fan and you do have a great sense of humor.

Haha thanks man I try, is it my fault that I've always rooted for the bad guy, as an FSU fan I've always had a piece of me that liked Miami (never rooted for them don't get that confused) during "Da U" days (sans the criminal stuff) and though it was before my time loved the 70's Raiders with The Assasin Jack Tatum and Co. I know I know I have "no moral compass" and "a horrible person with zero ethics and a thug etc..." but I have some appreciation for dirty play (sans the spear to Murrays back that was over board) but borderline play and late hits bring an extra intimidation factor to the game of football, it makes the clock in the QBs head speed up (Murray did an AMAZING job not letting that happen) it puts doubt into the opponents head, and it can take an opponent out of their game and make mistakes due to anger/frustration/et cetra. That's my personal belief on football, and I'm not talking about dangerous dirty play suck as chop blocks that can cost players their careers but I am talking about extra curricular activity and getting tithe QB a little late (again NOT the spear) because it can have a huge effect on the game. That being said I don't want the effect to come from injury, and that's not what I'm talking about. But thanks man I try to keep it light and have fun I feel the same way about your posts they're always fun to read.

Vinnie Sunseri (Rivals 3 star). Vinnie is Alabama's LB Coach Sal Sunseri's son. He is a smart kid who just has a knack for being in the right place at the right time. Really impressed during the Under Armor All-American Game.

He is a little undersized as a Linebacker so he may start out at Safety. Kid will very likely start for us on Special Teams next year and I fully expect him to blow some people up on kickoff coverage.

Haha thanks man I try, is it my fault that I've always rooted for the bad guy, as an FSU fan I've always had a piece of me that liked Miami (never rooted for them don't get that confused) during "Da U" days (sans the criminal stuff) and though it was before my time loved the 70's Raiders with The Assasin Jack Tatum and Co. I know I know I have "no moral compass" and "a horrible person with zero ethics and a thug etc..." but I have some appreciation for dirty play (sans the spear to Murrays back that was over board) but borderline play and late hits bring an extra intimidation factor to the game of football, it makes the clock in the QBs head speed up (Murray did an AMAZING job not letting that happen) it puts doubt into the opponents head, and it can take an opponent out of their game and make mistakes due to anger/frustration/et cetra. That's my personal belief on football, and I'm not talking about dangerous dirty play suck as chop blocks that can cost players their careers but I am talking about extra curricular activity and getting tithe QB a little late (again NOT the spear) because it can have a huge effect on the game. That being said I don't want the effect to come from injury, and that's not what I'm talking about. But thanks man I try to keep it light and have fun I feel the same way about your posts they're always fun to read.

I feel you on the borderline hits... so long as its borderline and CRUSHING lol. I wish the Ohio State fan had the sense of humor you had. We grill his team for an entirely different reason and I believe a midwestern self-deprecating humor would greatly benefit this blog. If we have people of every team of the SEC who can make fun of their teams, a guy who roots for the most obnoxious team in the midwest, with a good sense of humor would be AWESOME. Its a shame, ain't it?

I feel you on the borderline hits... so long as its borderline and CRUSHING lol. I wish the Ohio State fan had the sense of humor you had. We grill his team for an entirely different reason and I believe a midwestern self-deprecating humor would greatly benefit this blog. If we have people of every team of the SEC who can make fun of their teams, a guy who roots for the most obnoxious team in the midwest, with a good sense of humor would be AWESOME. Its a shame, ain't it?

That's what I loved about Fairley it was ALWAYS borderline AND crushing haha. I'm not gonna lie I may have been slightly girly after the UGA game but USB happens I guess, to be honest he should lighten up a little bit and just have fun.

I think it's a guy that we haven't gotten a committment from yet, but one who I believe will commit prior to the end of this week; Roderick Byers. Many (maybe most) people following Gamecock recruiting have thought Roderick was in serious trouble of missing the bus by delaying his decision. But he went to Oregon this weekend and left there without committing to them and he is supposedly going to take his OV to Carolina this week, possibly as early as Tuesday. When you couple that info with the fact that we have now stopped recruiting Leon Mackey the JC DT who signed with us but didn't qualify a couple of years ago, I think it points to some knowledge by the Gamecock staff that we are going to get Byers committment very soon and we were not likely to get Mackey again anyway.

I've just got a feeling that Byers will be the star of this DL class even with the bigger name recruits we might get this year; ie Dixion, Dixion Jr., Dukes, Clowney, and possibly Mason Harris. Something about Byers just screams ALL-SEC within a couple of years of getting on the field, to me.

How about some love for Jarvis Jones. Even though he is not necessarily in this class, he is, in effect, a 2011 recruit. I fully expect Jarvis to step on to the field and dominate from day one provided there are no lingering psychological effects from his injury (there appear to be none). Also this guy has been invaluable to the staff in terms of recruiting certain prospects to there university-here's looking at you Crowell.

Vinnie Sunseri (Rivals 3 star). Vinnie is Alabama's LB Coach Sal Sunseri's son. He is a smart kid who just has a knack for being in the right place at the right time. Really impressed during the Under Armor All-American Game.

He is a little undersized as a Linebacker so he may start out at Safety. Kid will very likely start for us on Special Teams next year and I fully expect him to blow some people up on kickoff coverage.

Interesting. When I saw he had committed I watched some film on rivals but still wondered if he got the "coach's son" treatment ;)