Grimes

Blalock

Clabo

Nic

Snelling

Koenen

Bryant

Svitek

Tender Dahl as a 2nd rounder. Somebody will sign him and we get a 2nd rd pick.

Ravens, Bengals, Chiefs, Seahawks, Titans come to mind.

FA

Best DE. I got confidence in whoever they choose. We will have to give up our

1st rd pick tho b/c all the DE's are RFA's.

Draft

2. WR/KR Jerrel Jernigan 5-9 190 Troy

2. (for Dahl) CB Davon House 6-0 184 New Mexico St.

3. RB Shane Vereen 5-10 205 Cal

4. TE Jordan Cameron 6-5 245 USC

5. OLB Jonas Mouton 6-2 240 Michigan

6. LT Willie Smith 6-5 290 E. Carolina

7. FB Anthony Sherman 5-11 240 UCONN

7. RG Ricky Henry 6-3 305 Nebraska

7. MLB Akeem Dent 6-1 234 Georgia

Re-sign

TG

Grimes

Blalock

Clabo

Nic

Snelling

Koenen

Bryant

Svitek

Tender Dahl as a 2nd rounder. Somebody will sign him and we get a 2nd rd pick.

Ravens, Bengals, Chiefs, Seahawks, Titans come to mind.

FA

Best DE. I got confidence in whoever they choose. We will have to give up our

1st rd pick tho b/c all the DE's are RFA's.

Draft

I'd love for this draft to happen. It'd be really great. I don't think Vereen is lasting until the third. If he runs a 4.3 or so, he's possible first rounder. Too versatile, too good to last. Jernigan could be there in second because of size, or possibly slip to the third. I love Cameron.

I'd love for this draft to happen. It'd be really great. I don't think Vereen is lasting until the third. If he runs a 4.3 or so, he's possible first rounder. Too versatile, too good to last. Jernigan could be there in second because of size, or possibly slip to the third. I love Cameron.

Yeah I was thinking that about Vereen too. If not then Hunter might be there.

I like the offseason a lot, though I'd like a guy who can push Jenkins for playing time, as opposed to a slot guy (I actually want both.) The reason I say this is, we don't currently have a single guy who uses his body well to catch (excluding Finn.) We need someone who can block out these CBs and fight for the ball if a blitz is coming.

I also think we'll take a mid tier FA CB (just to replace B Will).

My optimal FA would look like what you have, but with a solid 2 receiver in FA. The offense would be upgraded immediately, and the defense would be upgraded with maturation of the young guys and some more help on the DL and at nickel.

I hate to tell you that none of these guys are RFAs. After March 1 (or is it 2nd?) the only business the NFL will be able to do is the draft until a new CBA is put in. So, unless the CBA has some insane amount of years before FA then they will be URFAs.

Sorry, Dahl will be an URFA this year unless the players go mad and decide to go with more years till URFA in the new CBA. They won't go any higher than the old deal's 4.

I hate this. No way would I want us to give up our 1st round draft pick for one of these FA DE's.

I'd definitely give a 1st round pick for Charles Johnson. It's unlikely we'll find anyone in the draft where we're picking better than him.

Clabo, Blalock and Dahl are UFA's. We can not tender any of them. I say we make Clabo the top priority with Blalock a close second. Dahl can go, he is replaceable. His successor has been waiting in the wings (Valdez). If we lose Blalock, Johnson should be given the chance to step in.

Grimes is a priority. I don't think that there is any doubt about that.

Snelling is a nice player, but can be replaced by a quicker RB in this draft. The only reason to re-sign him would be if Turner were traded (highly unlikely).

Nicholas should be re-signed. He plays well and knows the defense. Stability is the name of the game here.

Koenen and Bryant compliment each other well. I don't think that they will break the bank.

Svitek is a nice complimentary player and I doubt he gets many offers in the open market. Sign him.

Yeah I was thinking that about Vereen too. If not then Hunter might be there.

You know with his talent set, i'd have very little problem getting him with a late first or early second. Getting two offensive playmakers back to back aint a bad thing. And, i'm not believing that owens is toast yet.

I could see us not getting a high round cb pick, and giving our youngsters a chance to develop--maybe even sign a vet cb like champ, eric wright, richard marshall, lito shepard, or carlos rogers. All who could either come in and take the nickel or push Grimes to NB--it's not like being a NB is a demotion in the pass happy NFL.

The reason i say this is because on a team on the rise, there comes a point where add vets to fill glaring holes--particularly when you have youngsters on roster

You know with his talent set, i'd have very little problem getting him with a late first or early second. Getting two offensive playmakers back to back aint a bad thing. And, i'm not believing that owens is toast yet.

I could see us not getting a high round cb pick, and giving our youngsters a chance to develop--maybe even sign a vet cb like champ, eric wright, richard marshall, lito shepard, or carlos rogers. All who could either come in and take the nickel or push Grimes to NB--it's not like being a NB is a demotion in the pass happy NFL.

The reason i say this is because on a team on the rise, there comes a point where add vets to fill glaring holes--particularly when you have youngsters on roster

We think somewhat alike. I was thinking about E. Wright and Marshall as FA CB's until I saw the youtube

of Wright where he just quit on a play and thought that Marshall might be a better choice. Plus Marshall

is physical and makes a lot of tackles. He covers good too. I believe we draft a CB tho. If we did go

the FA route I would like Marshall tho.

The Panthers have 28 players with expiring contracts, including 19 with four years of service or more, who would likely be unrestricted free agents if a new collective bargaining agreement is reached.

From reading this statement I could be wrong about the DE's being RFA's. They could be UFA's so that

would make it even better then. We wouldn't have to give up any picks. I thought it would still be 6yrs.

We think somewhat alike. I was thinking about E. Wright and Marshall as FA CB's until I saw the youtube

of Wright where he just quit on a play and thought that Marshall might be a better choice. Plus Marshall

is physical and makes a lot of tackles. He covers good too. I believe we draft a CB tho. If we did go

the FA route I would like Marshall tho.

I'd be happy with either. Marshall is extremely physical. Something which is useful for us. I like Carlos Rogers or Champ best of all. I don't know how realistic either would be. But particularly signing champ would be a huge boost for our young secondary. I think the part of brian williams that the falcons miss so bad when he is out is his intangibles. I think he's just a calming presence that helps keep the youngsters focused. When you watch Owens play, he is not a bad cb from a physical standpoint, but he looked lost. I say this because owens looks excellent on STs. Champ IMO would be an upgrade from williams (or do we sign both?) and brings intangibles and stability to a young group of cbs.

I'd definitely give a 1st round pick for Charles Johnson. It's unlikely we'll find anyone in the draft where we're picking better than him.

I would as well. Same goes for Cliff Avril. I don't know why everyone here is so against it. I'm not saying it WILL happen I'm saying I would definitely be in favor of it. Tell me what DE is going to come into the league Year 1 and have a bigger impact than Avril and Johnson? Especially since most people here are scared to death of drafting a DE.

I would as well. Same goes for Cliff Avril. I don't know why everyone here is so against it. I'm not saying it WILL happen I'm saying I would definitely be in favor of it. Tell me what DE is going to come into the league Year 1 and have a bigger impact than Avril and Johnson? Especially since most people here are scared to death of drafting a DE.

Exactly. I like Avril too. Detroit might not let him get away.

From reading this statement I could be wrong about the DE's being RFA's. They could be UFA's so that

would make it even better then. We wouldn't have to give up any picks. I thought it would still be 6yrs.

Unless the new CBA is radically different than the old one, everyone we'd be targeting (including Dahl) would be UFA.

I don't see the players going any higher on the years it takes to hit UFA.

Unless the new CBA is radically different than the old one, everyone we'd be targeting (including Dahl) would be UFA.

I don't see the players going any higher on the years it takes to hit UFA.

Like I said it used to be 4yrs until they changed it to 6 last year. That's why I thought it would still be 6.

Draft

we dont have a 2nd or 7th rd pick.

our picks are as follows:

R1 27

R2 --

R3 83 98