How to fix defensive end problem /defense problem

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Guest atl.falcon4ever

So I may be crazy but I think we make 2 of the 3 long term offers in free agency out of Charles Johnson, Ray Edwards, or Mathias Kiwanuka. Trade John Abraham for the best cornerback or draft pick(s) or any other player of need you can get. Get value while he still has some value. Either way a young corner who fits our scheme of what we want our corners to do. Then address our whole offense, accept which ever pick we get our corner who can be at least a nickel that is promising, if we don't get that corner for the Abraham trade, just use a 2nd round on our nickel or #2 corner depending on were we put Grimes.. Then get who ever we got to on offense through the draft. We got the Pro-Bowlers and leaders to help bring them along on offense. So go crazy on offense thru the draft except for our cornerback/nickel we get in the 2nd or from a player through John Abraham. And if we can get that player by using John Abraham, which is possible then we go all offense in the draft except in the late, late rounds were you just get the best of whats left and hope for a gem.

Abe wont go anywhere.

I wouldnt be surprised if we got one in FA and one in the top 3 rounds of the draft.

That all depends on their plans for Sidbury though. Kroy has shown he is a very good situational pass rusher, but not a great starter.

But then again, year 3 is when Kerney blew it up, and his first 2 seasons and Kroy's were similar. Pedestrian with a few signs of being very good.

So basically, our shot comings on DE will come by signing 2 FA DE's who haven't proved much and trading away our best DE who has repeatedly proved that he is a solid DE?

How arent you banned yet after you sent that racist Pm to atlhomey and slamme calling them the Nword? hmm. I know you did it. They posted the pics so dont try to lie Master Exploder.

How arent you banned yet after you sent that racist Pm to atlhomey and slamme calling them the Nword? hmm. I know you did it. They posted the pics so dont try to lie Master Exploder.

Go choke on Whale ****, report this while your at it I dont give ****, besides most mods here like me besides Rev. So good luck.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

So basically, our shot comings on DE will come by signing 2 FA DE's who haven't proved much and trading away our best DE who has repeatedly proved that he is a solid DE?

Actually yes :) , that is what I am saying. And these guys have all proven something to have been successful in the N.F.L. Its a better shot than taking any D.E. in the draft.

Actually yes :) , that is what I am saying. And these guys have all proven something to have been successful in the N.F.L. Its a better shot than taking any D.E. in the draft.

I disagree. I don't think Charles Johnson is going to hit the market. I wouldn't mind MK, but Ray Edwards is someone that I'm not completely sold on. I think the time to draft a DE is now. JA55 only has a few more miles left in the tank and if we grab someone now, they should be ripe by the time he calls it quits.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

LDE: {C Johnson or R Edwards)}----K Biermann

DT : J Babineaux----V Walker

DT : P Jerry----C Peters

RDE: M Kiwanuka L Sidbury

looks a lot better than our current depth chart on the front 4 (trenches)

Yeah I love John Abraham but kets get some youth in here and get some value while he still has gas in the tank, because sooner or later his tank will run empty. Sooner than the 2 out of 3 D.E. we lock up long tern say 4 to 5 years with the Falcons. We improve line and get value out of our old but honorable R.D.E. while the getting is good.

This would give us a young talented line that would grow together and be on of the most solid, feared front four in the N.F.L. Especially how we keep them fresh with the depth that we would have. I would take this option over keeping J. Abraham any day.Who gets more sacks, this line above or our current roster. Can't be a one man show. JA55 can help us accomplish that by geting some value and freeing up some money to make it all happen.

So I may be crazy but I think we make 2 of the 3 long term offers in free agency out of Charles Johnson, Ray Edwards, or Mathias Kiwanuka. Trade John Abraham for the best cornerback or draft pick(s) or any other player of need you can get. Get value while he still has some value. Either way a young corner who fits our scheme of what we want our corners to do. Then address our whole offense, accept which ever pick we get our corner who can be at least a nickel that is promising, if we don't get that corner for the Abraham trade, just use a 2nd round on our nickel or #2 corner depending on were we put Grimes.. Then get who ever we got to on offense through the draft. We got the Pro-Bowlers and leaders to help bring them along on offense. So go crazy on offense thru the draft except for our cornerback/nickel we get in the 2nd or from a player through John Abraham. And if we can get that player by using John Abraham, which is possible then we go all offense in the draft except in the late, late rounds were you just get the best of whats left and hope for a gem.

Only a idiot would trade John Abraham.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I disagree. I don't think Charles Johnson is going to hit the market. I wouldn't mind MK, but Ray Edwards is someone that I'm not completely sold on. I think the time to draft a DE is now. JA55 only has a few more miles left in the tank and if we grab someone now, they should be ripe by the time he calls it quits.

I am pretty sure we can get Ray Edwards and Mathias Kiwanuka. Both have solid people waiting in line are already ahead of them. Neither will be paid what they want from the teams they are on. So we could snatch both of them up and trade J Abraham unless we get these 2 cheep enough then keep Abraham also.

Yeah I agree, I think the Panthers are going to keep Charles Johnson.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Only a idiot would trade John Abraham.

We are not the Patriots nor do I claim we are. But they have several times moved on and got value out of there players before there time was up. Thats how they keep draft picks and always have a good team. They look further down the road than next year. We must do so also with our aging players or guys fixing to have to payout big money to. Thats why depth is always important. In the long run we are better getting value for him than keeping him. The Patriots could have used Richard Seymore, but he was aging and declining so they got compensation. If they still had him now, they wouldn't have that high round draft pick. You have to look ahead. The year they traded him if they kept him they would have been a better team, no doubt. But by letting him go helps to build for the future and get some value before the tank runs out.

I am pretty sure we can get Ray Edwards and Mathias Kiwanuka. Both have solid people waiting in line are already ahead of them. Neither will be paid what they want from the teams they are on. So we could snatch both of them up and trade J Abraham unless we get these 2 cheep enough then keep Abraham also.

Yeah, they are both decent players, but neither one of them has ever had a 10+ sack season. They are both young and they would develop faster, but I just would be a bit iffy on trading the only DE capable of getting 10+ sacks on our team for 2 guys that have never done it. I'd rather keep Kroy Biermann and draft a young guy DE very high and rotate him in for both Kroy and Abe all season long and then throw him into the starting line-up the next season after that.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

How is this not a lot better than what we have right now??????

LDE: {C Johnson or R Edwards)}----K Biermann

DT : J Babineaux----V Walker

DT : P Jerry----C Peters

RDE: M Kiwanuka---- L Sidbury

Look we get rid of one player to make our whole line better.

Just makes since to me. But we all see things different. You can't argue that with that line we have more explosion, pass rush and solid depth should anyone get injured. Go to our current depth chart and look at it. This would make us sensational and shore up our d-line for a long time.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Yeah, they are both decent players, but neither one of them has ever had a 10+ sack season. They are both young and they would develop faster, but I just would be a bit iffy on trading the only DE capable of getting 10+ sacks on our team for 2 guys that have never done it. I'd rather keep Kroy Biermann and draft a young guy DE very high and rotate him in for both Kroy and Abe all season long and then throw him into the starting line-up the next season after that.

With this line in will open up chances for the whole team to get sacks as a whole, not just Abraham. I mean who are you gonna double team. The if we blitz.....omg, it would be awesome. Just J.Abraham is our M. Turner on offense. They are on the decline and we are riding on there back just as hard as ever. They can't continue to pull all the weight or majority of it on either side of the ball. Even your best wears down and eventually gets replaced. The question is do you ride that horse until its dead or do you ride it until its seen better days and go for the upgrade. Kinda like buying a car. After 5 to 10 years of every season use, sometimes you just had better get something good for your car while its still a good one, but the new models look better and have more sale points, like mpg=age, etc. Basically the old model is still great but you don't know how much longer it will last. So go for the newer car and be picky cause you want this one to last you just as long if not longer than the last one.

We are not the Patriots nor do I claim we are. But they have several times moved on and got value out of there players before there time was up. Thats how they keep draft picks and always have a good team. They look further down the road than next year. We must do so also with our aging players or guys fixing to have to payout big money to. Thats why depth is always important. In the long run we are better getting value for him than keeping him. The Patriots could have used Richard Seymore, but he was aging and declining so they got compensation. If they still had him now, they wouldn't have that high round draft pick. You have to look ahead. The year they traded him if they kept him they would have been a better team, no doubt. But by letting him go helps to build for the future and get some value before the tank runs out.

I get your point, but John Abraham is too great of a player to trade away for future draft picks. I know it may benefit us in the future, but without John Abraham, our defense would suck badly. If we trade Abraham I dont think we would be a Superbowl contender anymore. We went 13-3. We have a small window of opportunity, because Roddy White, Micheal Turner, and Tony G are aging, so lets keep everything in place.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

LDE - Tamba Hali, Chauncey Davis

DT - Peria Jerry, Corey Peters

DT - Jonathan Babineaux, Vance Walker

RDE - John Abraham, Kroy Beirmann, Lawrence Sidbury

that will do me just fine!

I would take that also. I mean as long as we get a solid d-line, we can go many different ways. But I just am afraid we are gonna eventually have the i told you to unload JA#55 while you could bug coming around. If we do not get some value for him now. either way, no way the Falcons do not address L.D.E. as the top need this off season. Regardless of what they do, that needs to be addressed #1 a.s.a.p. But at the most Biermann is a great back up. If Sidbury is not JA#55 future replacement, we need to draft someone who is an upgrade to Sidbury and continue the grooming if he is truly worthy of such a task. Because JA#55 is not Bret Favre, he will not be around playing lights out at 40 yr old. So hopefully Sidbury is his replacement, but if not get his replacement in here, who ever that is a.s.a.p. So in reality it is a must that we address both the L.D.E. and the R.D.E. of the future a.s.a.p. Can't have one guy (JA#55) being the only one who can constantly get into the back field and make plays. We need quality starters and quality depth on the d-line all the way around. The way we rotate guys we need 8 starters on our D-Line. One full time starter and one backup starter. Because they are all going to get the same amount of snaps which is a genius way of keeping the defense fresh.

Just trying to think of best options. Either way this guy for the Giants (Mathias Kiwanuka/b]) will come cheap with his injury and having to be a back up, when he can get close to starter money. Two D.E. on the Giants got 11.5 sacks (Osi Umenyiora & Justin Tuck) last year and they have Jason Pierre-Paul getting 4.5 sacks as a 2nd stringer., rookie waiting in the wings. I think he would make a great D.E. on either side of our line for at least 4 to 5 years if he worked out.Mathias Kiwanuka can also play strong side linebacker. Now thats a thought for some versatility. Just make sure you got one of those heavy incentive contracts and we can get him easily. But we may not have to come any were near breaking the bank with him like most of the other defensive ends. Then at the least draft someone else for good measure of insuring we somehow get a quality D.E. on both sides of the d-line for years to come.

A guru line coach might solve a lot of the rush problems, similar to how Gibbs came in and worked his magic. If the Falcons could have stolen away Jim Washburn from Tennesee, that would have been the fix everyone is looking for. I have never seen a coach consistently get as much production out of less talent that Washburn at Tennesee. Year after year he could turn out 8-10 sack-a-year guys that you'd never heard of like Antwon Odom, Travis Laboy, etc. This year before midway point of the season they were leading the NFL with 21 sacks before the defense inexplicably came apart.

Atlanta had 31 sacks to Tennessee's 40. And they did it with a defensive line that consisted of Jason Babin, Jacob Ford, Jason Jones, and Sen'Derrick Marks. Not a one of those guys any more talented that Atlanta's starting unit.

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead