Adrian Clayborn/DE/Iowa will not be playing in the Senior Bowl or participate in the practices

atljbo

Only way I'd want him is if he falls to the second. Too many question marks to take in the first IMO.

Change that to the 3rd round and I'd have to agree with you! I really think there is a good chance at him falling into the 3rd also, I can't imagine him putting up a solid combine, I think his stock will ultimately just free fall from this point on, much like Everson Griffin from last year.

why don't you guys like him? he's the best LDE in the draft? i'd love to have him. Cameron Jordan would be a great pick as well for us if he falls. Christian Ballard is another really good player too that could be around for our 2nd pick. All strongside ends.

Edited by Rai

why don't you guys like him? he's the best LDE in the draft? i'd love to have him. Cameron Jordan would be a great pick as well for us if he falls. Christian Ballard is another really good player too that could be around for our 2nd pick. All strongside ends.

There have been reports that he's bigger than listed. Closer to 290 than 275. Thats a bit big and could point to signs of laziness. He also won't be able to turn the corner in the pros. He'll have to rely on strength and technique. It doesn't help that he had a really bad year this year.

Plus he's had at least one run in with the law.

one source says he is 285 lbs, another one says he's 286 lbs. the DE opposite him is appraching 300 lbs. I think it's more to do with the scheme and what the coaches are asking them to play at rather than him being lazy.

he's already pretty quick for his size, if he slims down 10 lbs or so to around 275 or whatever he was playing at his junior year, he'll be even faster and be a true strongside end that can rush the passer and blow up the run. ballard and jordan are also the same. they're astonishingly quick for their size. and i'm sure the 3 of them can all come inside on passing downs and take on a double team.