Turner needs to trim down quite a lot to become the burner again

UnrealfalcoN

WOW!! absolutely NOT the same body!!! :o personally, i had not realized just how much bigger he's become...especially from his SD days. no doubt he's STILL very productive but let's keep it real. the cat is carryin' QUITE the extra baggage. i came into this thread thinkin' i'd be on the opposite side of the OP. but the film speaks for itself :mellow:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the way i see it, the holes hes getting these big runs on, if he was faster, theyd be 25 yard carries instead of 8 yard carries. he doesnt hit the holes like he used to, hes being run down by linebackers now, he tippy toes around the backfield instead of just putting his nose in there and getting a yard or 2 instead of losing a yard or 2.

look, its ok to critique a player in this franchise. i dont understand why so many are afraid to do it and simply point at numbers. sure he ran for 1300 yards but the 2007 or 2008 turner coulda ran for 1600, if you get what im saying.

lets not settle for mediocrity ok? if you seriously think turner is 100% fine in his current form then im going to assume you watch maybe 1 or 2 games a year or just hopped on the falcons bandwagon. for us that have watched every single game for the past 5-10 years or more and have seen every snap hes taken in a falcons uniform then you really have no room to be in this discussion.

Michael Turner:

3rd in the NFL in rushing yards - 1,371

6th in the NFL in yards per game - 85.7

Tied for 7th in the NFL in +20 yard runs - 9

I just don't see how he's not performing.

Stats lie man. Anyone who watched all year knows that he wasn't near as affective as he was in 2008. He would get little gains (2-3) and then we'd stop feeding him until late and he'd break a big one. It wasn't like that in all games but it was in most.

O the ed reed that had 8 ints after missing 6 weeks? Ya really slowin down.. Go hug on vicks nuts some more the same one who threw a pick on the final drive to cost his team a chance.. O and not a 6 minute last drive.. Learn how to read.. 6 game winning or tying drives in the last few minutes.. Get over your agenda its rather obvious. We all know he didn't have a great playoff game no one did..

Why are mentioning other mens body parts? Why would Vick's genitals even be in your head? Quit being a perv. Vick is better than Ryan. The Ravens defense has slowed down and their offense hadnt been really clicking all season until later. Ray rice wasnt even really involved in their offense at the beggining of the season. Especially when we played them.

Secondly Im not on Vicks nuts, but youre on Ryans. The guy has more weapons than Vick, not only has he not won a playoff game in the same amount of time as Vick did. but the Fans walked out on him! Clown! Yeah Vick threw a pick at the end of tha greenbay game, but hey if his kicker didnt miss those 2 field goals. he wouldnt have been in that situation in the 1st place now would he?Atleast his fanbase didnt walk out on him like they did ryan for his 3 TURNOVERS. SHUT UP and Quit embarrassing yourself. Ryan threw a pick 6.

Edited by Pal_Sharpton

O the ed reed that had 8 ints after missing 6 weeks? Ya really slowin down.. Go hug on vicks nuts some more the same one who threw a pick on the final drive to cost his team a chance.. O and not a 6 minute last drive.. Learn how to read.. 6 game winning or tying drives in the last few minutes.. Get over your agenda its rather obvious. We all know he didn't have a great playoff game no one did..

Name his 6 game winning drives and i'll be sure to make you look like a fool. PLEASE NAME EM. I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU MUTHA*^$#ER

Edited by Pal_Sharpton

Ravens game... ^^^ stupid.. Do your homework son.. O those 6 last minute game winning drives.. How many run plays did we use? Ya ryans the weak point.. DUMB

You are correct, we didn't run much on those drives. However, most of those drives were in the final minutes where teams usually play prevent defenses and passing plays are usually called. I agree that Ryan is clutch in situations like this, but I would like to see it done more consistently during the game.

My belief is that the stats (turners) are EXTREMELY deceptive...and honestly I think they are more of a testament of the job our offensive line did this year in the run game. For those of you who watched each game this year, you know what im talking about. For those of you who just saw end game stats or whatever, your probably gonna look at the rest of us like we're crazy. Over 1300 yrds...12 tds...pro bowl starter..I know it sounds great, but trust me..Turner is a FAAAARRR cry from what you see in that vid and what we saw in 08. First of all he's a good 15-20 lbs overweight NO QUESTION. The weight gain has killed the lateral quickness you see in his SD and 08 days. If you also notice (for those who can actually see falcons games and not just stats), in games these days, he is slow to the whole, AND EVEN SLOWER THROUGH IT. Has anyone else every watched the game and thought turner looked timid and weak? My question is this...After 08, did the coaching staff tell turner that b/c of the # of carries hes bound to get this year, to go down after contact or to not break tackles..so that his career in atl is prolonged? Or maybe did turner decide to do this on his own?

Roddy pushed off on the last play of the game. Secondly the Ravens were overrated this season.They had an easy schedule go and check for yourself. Everyone knows ed reed and Ray Lewis have slowed down a bit. Theyre in their mid 30's. There was alot of blown calls in that game, but it caught up with us in that greenbay game. The refs werent able to cheat for us like they been doing all year. Also Roddy admitted after the game he pushed off. The announcers did as well when he did it.

What 6 last minute drive? What against teams under 500? Or what? Please,enlighten me kid?

You are correct, we didn't run much on those drives. However, most of those drives were in the final minutes where teams usually play prevent defenses and passing plays are usually called. I agree that Ryan is clutch in situations like this, but I would like to see it done more consistently during the game.

Interesting stat. Ive learned that if Ryan is down by 14pts he hasnt had a comeback. Ive also noticed Ryan had no explosive plays to Roddy this season . He really needs to do his push ups, eat his spinach, wheaties or whatever. So he can get some muscle in that weak arm of his. He needs to be in the gym right now. I say we bring in Kolb as an insurance policy. I think the league has caught up to Matty ice, O and they been melting him the last few games

We were down 14 to the 49ers.

Are the 49ers a team over 500.? I rest my case.And we didnt really win that game. Their Db lost it by fumbling the ball to Roddy. Secondly I aint talking about against any bum, weak pathetic teams. like the Panthers, Seattle, or no weak 49ers. Im talking bout a team over 500.

Edited by Pal_Sharpton

whoa by no means am i saying ryan is a god im just pointing out the the obvious troll in the room that he's ********.. I even said ryan played poorly in the playoffs.. I'd like to see it more throughout the run of the game as well.

Interesting stat. Ive learned that if Ryan is down by 14pts he hasnt had a comeback. Ive also noticed Ryan had no explosive plays to Roddy this season . He really needs to do his push ups, eat his spinach, wheaties or whatever. So he can get some muscle in that weak arm of his. He needs to be in the gym right now. I say we bring in Kolb as an insurance policy. I think the league has caught up to Matty ice, O and they been melting him the last few games

Cleveland 45 yrd td.. cinci 43 yrd td.. obvious troll is obvious

Are the 49ers a team over 500.? I rest my case.And we didnt really win that game. Their Db did by fumbling the ball to Roddy. Secondly I aint talking about against any bum, weak pathetic teams. like the Panthers, Seattle, or no weak 49ers. Im talking bout a team over 500.

We didn't really win that game????? :blink: :lol: :wacko: Maybe we shouldn't have, but it was in the win column.

Cleveland 45 yrd td.. cinci 43 yrd td.. obvious troll is obvious

What were the combined records of those teams idiot? They were both under 500 and we BEAT THE BROWNS WHEN THEY DIDNT HAVE A STARTING QB. COLT MCCOY WASNT EVEN THE STARTER FOR THE BROWNS THEN SUCKY DELHOMME WAS. So you just made yourself look even dumber. More proof just to how misleading our 13-3 record was. Look at all these weak , bum teams we beat under 500. LOOK AT EM!

We didn't really win that game????? :blink: :lol: :wacko: Maybe we shouldn't have, but it was in the win column.

:lol::lol: I meant the 49ers DB just lost the game for them more than it was us winning. He fumbled the ball to Roddy after GUESS WHO(ryan) THREW A PICK THAT ALMOST WAS A PICK 6 AGAIN!

Do you have any idea how much roddy has had to get defenders to fumble because of Ryan throwing them the ball? Ryan is a real liability. If you ask me.

Edited by Pal_Sharpton