Turner needs to trim down quite a lot to become the burner again

UnrealfalcoN

Looking at his chargers highlights I see an explosive RB with great balance and fights for every yard.

the Turner we have now is a short yardage RB who might break one for 20 yards with really good blocking. He consistently gets stuffed for 2 yards and even a lot of negative yards, he falls down instead of juking or trucking people over like he used to.

I'm not one of those get rid of everyone wagon, but if turner goes back to his chargers days or atleast his 2008 form gives us the best chance of winning in the playoffs next year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbTP_4aW3qQ&feature=related

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

come on people...with his carries he have to get that many yards. When you watch the games tell me where he looks like he is explosive?

I never said he's our problem, but we need the burner back. The burner will add explosiveness to this offense and still get his 2 yard runs to make the stat people happy.

Looking at his chargers highlights I see an explosive RB with great balance and fights for every yard.

the Turner we have now is a short yardage RB who might break one for 20 yards with really good blocking. He consistently gets stuffed for 2 yards and even a lot of negative yards, he falls down instead of juking or trucking people over like he used to.

I'm not one of those get rid of everyone wagon, but if turner goes back to his chargers days or atleast his 2008 form gives us the best chance of winning in the playoffs next year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbTP_4aW3qQ&feature=related

Yo Buddy stop with this non sense. I'll be darned if im gonna let people come on here and bash Turner. Turner is the MVP of this team. He hides alot of Ryans weaknesses. Ryan would not be a good QB if he didnt have a top running game because he is not the kind of qb that can carry a team on his own like Vick,Manning,or Brees.

Yo Buddy stop with this non sense. I'll be darned if im gonna let people come on here and bash Turner. Turner is the MVP of this team. He hides alot of Ryans weaknesses. Ryan would not be a good QB if he didnt have a top running game because he is not the kind of qb that can carry a team on his own like Vick,Manning,or Brees.

YOU'LL be darned if you're going to let someone come on and bash a key part of our offense?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And, Vick, Manning, and Brees all did a stellar job of carrying their teams in the play-offs this year, eh?

Michael Turner:

3rd in the NFL in rushing yards - 1,371

6th in the NFL in yards per game - 85.7

Tied for 7th in the NFL in +20 yard runs - 9

I just don't see how he's not performing.

Then you're expectations arent high. He's no long what we paid for regardless of the numbers

The footage shows just what Ive been talking about. Hes a closer, not a game breaker.

Ravens game... ^^^ stupid.. Do your homework son.. O those 6 last minute game winning drives.. How many run plays did we use? Ya ryans the weak point.. DUMB

Turner will be entering his 8th season this year. His 4.1 YPC this past season is the lowest of his career (4.5 last season was his previous lowest), and he clearly tailed off in production the second half this year.

I think the topic starter has a good point. Yes, Turner is still valuable and still one of the better RB's in the league; Turner has also picked up some 15-20 pounds the past couple of years and 15-20 extra pounds on a 5'10" body is a lot of weight, even for a Michael Turner.

I would love to see Michael Turner spend a fews weeks in the off season working out with Tony Gonzalez. If he doesn't, his look for him to really tail off the next season or two.

Some of you need to stop attacking people for simply expressing their opinions and observations!

Then you're expectations arent high. He's no long what we paid for regardless of the numbers

The footage shows just what Ive been talking about. Hes a closer, not a game breaker.

Ryan isnt either, 3 seasons no playoff win with all the weapons he has? He is the problem. This team has been counting on turner a litte to much. The real problem is Ryan. He needs to do some push ups and eat some wheaties for that weak arm of his. It aint Turners fault Ryan turned the ball over all them times. Its not Turners fault the fans start leaving before the game ended. Vicks fans never walked out on him win/lose.

come on people...with his carries he have to get that many yards. When you watch the games tell me where he looks like he is explosive?

I never said he's our problem, but we need the burner back. The burner will add explosiveness to this offense and still get his 2 yard runs to make the stat people happy.

Dont back down! You're absolutely spot on. Could care less about the numbers. What you see is what it is. He isnt the game breaker from SD in the clip. Now hes a plodding closer who might not get the 2 yards when you need it....

He used to be more like Mendenhal from pittsburgh but now hes a full time closer.

Unfortunately, I dont see him going back to the explosive form he used to have.

Time to get trade value while we can.

I think Turner is hardly the problem. He had a good year IMO.

That said, he still could stand to lose a little more weight if you ask me.

That pretty much sums it up...drop about 20 pounds and you'll probably see the extra burst and step we saw in 2008!. This is true for all of us who have picked up a few extra pounds! wink.gif

Ryan isnt either, 3 seasons no playoff win with all the weapons he has? He is the problem. This team has been counting on turner a litte to much. The real problem is Ryan. He needs to do some push ups and eat some wheaties for that weak arm of his. It aint Turners fault Ryan turned the ball over all them times. Its not Turners fault the fans start leaving before the game ended. Vicks fans never walked out on him win/lose.

Obvious troll is obvious..

Plain and simple...look at the footage from SD. What he was in SD is what we paid for....not a closer. Not comparing him to ryan or anyone else other than what he was when we traded for him vs what he is now.....Non explosive, wont run away from anyone and not a game breaking threat which is what we thought we were getting from SD. We got it for 1 year and that's it.

Plain and simple...look at the footage from SD. What he was in SD is what we paid for....not a closer. Not comparing him to ryan or anyone else other than what he was when we traded for him vs what he is now.....Non explosive, wont run away from anyone and not a game breaking threat which is what we thought we were getting from SD. We got it for 1 year and that's it.

I would put a weight and conditioning clause in every contract. Just look at what Jamarcus Russell walked away with after gaining about 30-40 pounds.

Ravens game... ^^^ stupid.. Do your homework son.. O those 6 last minute game winning drives.. How many run plays did we use? Ya ryans the weak point.. DUMB

Roddy pushed off on the last play of the game. Secondly the Ravens were overrated this season.They had an easy schedule go and check for yourself. Everyone knows ed reed and Ray Lewis have slowed down a bit. Theyre in their mid 30's. There was alot of blown calls in that game, but it caught up with us in that greenbay game. The refs werent able to cheat for us like they been doing all year. Also Roddy admitted after the game he pushed off. The announcers did as well when he did it.

What 6 last minute drive? What against teams under 500? Or what? Please,enlighten me kid?

Edited by Pal_Sharpton

We didn't trade for him.. Try again

Roddy pushed off on the last play of the game. Secondly the Ravens were overrated this season.They had an easy schedule go and check for yourself. Everyone knows ed reed and Ray Lewis have slowed down a bit. Theyre in their mid 30's. There was alot of blown calls in that game, but it caught up with us in that greenbay game. The refs werent able to cheat for us like they been doing all year. Also Roddy admitted after the game he pushed off. The announcers did as well when he did it.

What 6 last minute drive? What against teams under 500? Or what? Please,enlighten me kid?

O the ed reed that had 8 ints after missing 6 weeks? Ya really slowin down.. Go hug on vicks nuts some more the same one who threw a pick on the final drive to cost his team a chance.. O and not a 6 minute last drive.. Learn how to read.. 6 game winning or tying drives in the last few minutes.. Get over your agenda its rather obvious. We all know he didn't have a great playoff game no one did..

I think Turner is still quite good, and has at least 2 solid more seasons in him...but you have to be smokin some 'ish to not believe he hasnt packed on 20 or 30 pounds since he was a Charger, and certainly isnt as explosive as he was then.

I dont want him at 205, but 220 or 215 on a dude who is 5'8 is still thick...and he would have much better agility.