Imagine this FA scenario, and what we would look like

Wokezone

Imagine if we really wanted to spend the cash to win the championship and added Aso, and Charles Johnson we would look like this

Abe,Babs,Peters,Johnson -no more Qbs standing in the pocket

Spoon, Lofton, Nicholas- I dare ya to run it

Aso,Dunta,Grimes,Franks- I dare ya to throw it

Willie Mo, Decoud (Schillinger)- we all see the willie Mo hits nuff said, and Decoud got what 5 picks this season

and stilll have 7 draft picks for Offense WR,TE,OL, and DL

come on people weigh in. whatcha think with just 2 FA this is what our defense could be, what are your suggestions if you dont like these two!

Nobody will reply because you are dreaming.

Aso and Charles Johnson? OK.

What happened to Chris Owens? You cut him and replaced him with Franks who couldn't beat him out in 2010? OK.

well Franks was a rook, and low roung pick rook, I honestly think Franks has more Potential than Owens who does have time in our system and still was horrible.

We have the cap money for more than 1 big splash this year and I do think we need some Splash this year.

its not so far out there that its crazy, i meant i coulda put ngata in there with aso now that woulda been crazy, but this is somewhat possible if Blank opens it up and we decide to get what we NEED. just saying. this isnt a far fetched dream. just a dotted line away

Edited by T-Falcon

Aso will cost enough that we won't be able to sign any more rookies.

Grimes is also on the market. We won't sign both, unless you have access to either magic, mind control, or a whole bunch of terrible ideas.

And 1 thing about Charles Johnson: He averaged just above 3 sacks a year, except in 2010. Not a good sign when we need consistent pressure from a DE.

D'oh! And our offense will still be mediocre! We should probably attempt to play that side of the ball too.

Carolina isn't going to franchise Charles Johnson? :blink:

I guess FA doesn't matter if there is no CBA.

Is there going to be a franchise tag next year? And will the Panthers franchise a DE if they plan on taking Bowers 1st overall, especially with Hardy across from him? I dunno bout Riveria, but I wouldn't do it.

I'd rather have Charles Johnson and be able to sign our picks. Don't forget 8 million from Vick becomes available this year guys..The point is, if Blank is willing to spend, we have a decent amount to spend on FA's. We also have a lot of important guys to re-sign though.

I firmly believe we make a nice splash in FA. Maybe a move for Ocho Cinco?

In that case, new CBA and I'd love to go for Charles Johnson. He's a local GT kid anyway! :D

After that, OLB, interior DL, and CB depth to follow. Then, resign/make changes to the OL. Add on top of it all a deep threat at WR and the Falcons can take that next step.

Interior DL? Can I get some of what you are smoking? Considering we have Babineaux, as well as dropped a 1st, 3rd, and 7th rounder on a DT the last two years... maybe lets move to a pass rusher.

I'm starting to think we could Spoon to Petersons position and keep Nicholas there, and all we would need is depth at LB.

Interior DL? Can I get some of what you are smoking? Considering we have Babineaux, as well as dropped a 1st, 3rd, and 7th rounder on a DT the last two years... maybe lets move to a pass rusher.

I'm starting to think we could Spoon to Petersons position and keep Nicholas there, and all we would need is depth at LB.

True, if we do sign Charles Johnson, it still leaves Abraham's heir up for grabs. We could draft high for a RDE and be able to keep Abraham rested more.

I mentioned interior DL because, while we have good players, we don't truly have a beast of an interior DL though they collectively have gotten the job done this past year. So, it'd be more of a luxury...and I suppose with them all being relatively young players there is more upside with the crop of 5 DTs we have(not counting Jamaal Anderson coming inside to play DT).

Imagine if we really wanted to spend the cash to win the championship and added Aso, and Charles Johnson we would look like this

Abe,Babs,Peters,Johnson -no more Qbs standing in the pocket

Spoon, Lofton, Nicholas- I dare ya to run it

Aso,Dunta,Grimes,Franks- I dare ya to throw it

Willie Mo, Decoud (Schillinger)- we all see the willie Mo hits nuff said, and Decoud got what 5 picks this season

and stilll have 7 draft picks for Offense WR,TE,OL, and DL

Not going to happen. I bet Aso resigns with Raiders or goes to Patriots or Jets.

well Franks was a rook, and low roung pick rook, I honestly think Franks has more Potential than Owens who does have time in our system and still was horrible.

We have the cap money for more than 1 big splash this year and I do think we need some Splash this year.

its not so far out there that its crazy, i meant i coulda put ngata in there with aso now that woulda been crazy, but this is somewhat possible if Blank opens it up and we decide to get what we NEED. just saying. this isnt a far fetched dream. just a dotted line away

Yea we need to make a splash this year. totally agree with you about Franks also.