Do You Think These Boards Make a Difference?

Rumbleman

I don't post much but I lurk a good bit. Over time, I have seen countless threads titled; "An Open Letter to ____________" (Insert name)

Arthur Blank

Mike Smith

Matt Ryan

Thomas Dimitroff

Mike Mularkey

Brian Van Gorder

etc., etc., etc.

Hey y'all, guess what? None of those people read these boards. The owner doesn't read 'em, the coaches don't read 'em, the players don't read 'em and the waterboy dosen't read 'em. The ONLY peeps in Flowery Branch that read these boards are the peeps directly responsible for running them and those folks (Jay Adams, Moderator, James Hicks, etc.), have no say-so or influence at all about how the franchise/team is run. None! These boards are set up for entertainment purposes only between fans and rival fans, lovers and haters, and to generate a little mo money for the franchise. That's it.

If you didn't know this already, you do now.

Compliments of Rumbleman. B)

Guest AtlWhite84

I have known of AT LEAST 5 players who read these boards frequently, 2 of which actually had names here. So, don't say nobody reads these boards.

I don't post much but I lurk a good bit. Over time, I have seen countless threads titled; "An Open Letter to ____________" (Insert name)

Arthur Blank

Mike Smith

Matt Ryan

Thomas Dimitroff

Mike Mularkey

Brian Van Gorder

etc., etc., etc.

Hey y'all, guess what? None of those people read these boards. The owner doesn't read 'em, the coaches don't read 'em, the players don't read 'em and the waterboy dosen't read 'em. The ONLY peeps in Flowery Branch that read these boards are the peeps directly responsible for running them and those folks (Jay Adams, Moderator, James Hicks, etc.), have no say-so or influence at all about how the franchise/team is run. None! These boards are set up for entertainment purposes only between fans and rival fans, lovers and haters, and to generate a little mo money for the franchise. That's it.

I think most people just use these boards as a place to vent. I wouldn't think that the people who post that stuff really expect it to be read by the person they are writing their "open letter" to (I hope they don't anyway). If they do, then telling them the facts probably isn't going to matter much.

That said, there have been players who did read this board and respond on this board. It's been several years now since we've had a player that we've known for a fact did have some participation on the boards, but it has happened in the past & it's not inconceivable that it can happen in the future.

Guest AtlWhite84

Could be,....but would you say it made a difference? :unsure:

Of course it doesn't make a difference. The only time it has ever made a difference is when the Falcons wore the black pants with the red jerseys a few years ago on Monday Night Football against the Jets. People here had been screaming for that combo for years and they finally got it. It looked ridiculous, but they got it nonetheless.

When people type "Open letter to __________" here's a hint: It's not really an open letter to that person, it's an open letter to everyone on this board to read and comment on. People like have their opinions heard. If they didn't, there'd be no such thing as talk radio or talk shows on TV or internet blogs. People want to feel like they have a voice, and a community of people on a message board responding to their opinions gives them that voice.

So, why don't you just take the advice of the Beatles and let it be.

Shows why our franchise hasn't won a Superbowl. If a business doesn't go out to see what its consumer want, then pretty soon it won't have any customers.

Gimme a break, man. You're telling me that those who have a Lombardi have one because they read open letters on a message board? :wacko:

With a charity organization and fan-created award that actually goes to the winning player, I'd say we're way ahead of the curve here on AFMB.

Of course it doesn't make a difference. The only time it has ever made a difference is when the Falcons wore the black pants with the red jerseys a few years ago on Monday Night Football against the Jets. People here had been screaming for that combo for years and they finally got it. It looked ridiculous, but they got it nonetheless.

When people type "Open letter to __________" here's a hint: It's not really an open letter to that person, it's an open letter to everyone on this board to read and comment on. People like have their opinions heard. If they didn't, there'd be no such thing as talk radio or talk shows on TV or internet blogs. People want to feel like they have a voice, and a community of people on a message board responding to their opinions gives them that voice.

So, why don't you just take the advice of the Beatles and let it be.

Hey man, I LOVE that uni combo!

As for the rest, you'd be surprised. Some people really DO think that the players and coaches pour over these boards constantly, looking for advice and tips.

Chill out, fellow fan. It's all for entertainment! ;)

Do you know that for a fact? Because when I first registered , I thought at first that I really was chatting with Steve_Bartkowski! :lol:

Yes, it's a fact that came from the moderators of the board (not mini-mods, but the paid Falcons moderators) who verified the players had accounts.

Yes, it's a fact that came from the moderators of the board (not mini-mods, but the paid Falcons moderators) who verified the players had accounts.

Well like you said, that was from a long time ago evidently. Seems I saw somewhere that they (the players) are now discouraged from visiting and/or posting on these boards and I can understand that. There was a story about someone mentioning the boards to Alge Crumpler when he was a popular Falcon, and he got all upset at the mere mention of it. Went off on the fan, really pizzed.

Guest AtlWhite84

Hey man, I LOVE that uni combo!

You also like Jeff Hardy, so I imagine if the Falcons ran out onto the field in tie-dye and facepaint you'd think it was awesome.

I personally thought it looked like an arena league uniform. Most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

You also like Jeff Hardy, so I imagine if the Falcons ran out onto the field in tie-dye and facepaint you'd think it was awesome.

I personally thought it looked like an arena league uniform. Most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Who's Jeff Hardy? :unsure: :D

Naw, man. It's all about the red & black to me, and that's why I like that combo. If they would top it off with a red helmet,....BEST UNI EVER!!!

Arthur Blank

Mike Smith

Matt Ryan

Thomas Dimitroff

Mike Mularkey

Brian Van Gorder

etc., etc., etc.

I think you miss the point of the message board and post. It is just a place to submit ideas and thoughts, share information and give view points. The post that you specifically refer to is a way for fans to express themselves, vent frustrations in a fun way. I do't think anyone is serious about reaching Mr Blank etc form the message board. Often they just want feedback from other fans.

Edited by gritzblitz