Vincent Jackson or Nnamdi Asomugha

FantasyFOF

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Vincent Jackson and Nnamdi Asomugha are free agents this year. Our front office has done a great job keeping our salary cap low, so we could easily afford either player. Which one would you guys rather have if you could only pick one?

This is a hard choice but I would have to go with Vincent Jackson. We need more playmakers on offense to help Roddy out. I think if we re-sign Grimes we will be okay at the corner position. Although he is no Asomugha, he can hold his own. I think our defense needs to address the pass rush situation more.

Edited by FalconinPA

Both Vincent Jackson and Nnamdi Asomugha are free agents this year. Our front office has done a great job keeping our salary cap low, so we could easily afford either player. Which one would you guys rather have if you could only pick one?

Aso, because a true shut down corner is harder to find than a stud WR ......he would solidify our secondary right away, Aso Dunta and Grimes would be a helluva trio ......

VJ all the way. Even though defense win championships, matt needs another legit weapon outside of roddy to go to. mj12 is ok, but at this point in time, we need better than ok recievers. Next season, their should be no excuses. Blank needs to open up his wallet, and get players in here and not depend on draftees so much this time around.

I think I'd have to go with Charles Johnson or someone like that. I believe that would have a greater impact. We need pressure. Pressure will make the secondary look much better.

Just look at the last four teams standing. They all play slap you mama type defense. We're not on that level folks. You need pressure to get to that level. Our offense is better than three of the remaining teams.

I think I'd have to go with Charles Johnson or someone like that. I believe that would have a greater impact. We need pressure. Pressure will make the secondary look much better.

Just look at the last four teams standing. They all play slap you mama type defense. We're not on that level folks. You need pressure to get to that level. Our offense is better than three of the remaining teams.

Gotta love what Fewell does in NY with those innovative fronts .....just goes to show you sure can't have TOO many pass rushers, LOL ......What the Jets have done just amazes me ...kinda dispels the myth that you can't build thru FA ......

thats fine and dandy, but if our defensive scheme is not bump and run, then it doesnt matter.

A great point. Can you imagine having two man-cover corners on the field, and BVG has them playing 10-15 yards off the LOS? Sadly, that's probably exactly what would happen. Our DC can make anybody look bad...

of the 2 Aso is the better player w/o question, but in reality that would mean we let Grimes walk. I doubt he stays here for NB money when he can be a starter on 3/4 of the teams out there. Not to mention we would have 2 of the top 5 or so CB contracts in the entire NFL. Both getting more $$ than Revis even.

Aso would do wonders though for this team, if BVG used them right. Man corners and blitz, blitz, blitz late Jim Johnson style.

If we got Aso though, I would rather have Grimes opposite him than Dunta. (if he had to keep one)

Now if the questions was VJ vs Tamba Hali or Charles Johnson, I would take the DE.

I would go with Asomugha too. If we had him as our #1 CB, Dunta at #2, and Grimes playing a ball-hawking nickel, we'd instantly have the best DB's in league... maybe even the best Secondary in the league with Moore and Decoud. When you combine that with our solid LB core, great DT's and Abraham, this defense would be a real force to be reckoned with.

...and of course, if our defense still wasn't getting it done with that crew, I think we all know who needs to go... *cough cough* VanGorder

NA without a doubt. VJ is a good WR, but NA is an elite CB and instantly upgrades our defensive backfield and our pass rush. Ask the Jets who is more important, Revis or Edwards?

No let's ask Al Davis what he had to do after being at the bottom of the league for five years in terms of getting pressure, even with Aso at the corner. Get some pass rushers.

Asomugha. Complete shutdown corner and arguably the best in the game. VJ is good WR and would be great next to Roddy but Jenkins is not a slot reciever, Grimes on the other hand is a nickel back. So he would be a better fit.

Edited by dvt5045

NA without a doubt. VJ is a good WR, but NA is an elite CB and instantly upgrades our defensive backfield and our pass rush. Ask the Jets who is more important, Revis or Edwards?

Revis is the best CB in the game.

Edwards isnt even the best WR on his team....big difference.

Revis is the best CB in the game.

Edwards isnt even the best WR on his team....big difference.

It can easily be argued that Aso is just as good or better. So if the jets had VJ and Aso rather then what they have, they'd still choose Aso.