I Will Admit This Though...

When I heard that the Patriots had lost, all of a sudden, the sun started shining and I felt better immediately. I look at it like this: The Saints lost, Philly, Ravens, Colts and Patriots. I read somewhere that it took Manning many trips to the playoffs before winning, so what if it takes Ryan another year..."That's My Quarterback!.." (sniff...sniff)...I'm willing to hang in there....He's all we have!! B)

When I heard that the Patriots had lost, all of a sudden, the sun started shining and I felt better immediately. I look at it like this: The Saints lost, Philly, Ravens, Colts and Patriots. I read somewhere that it took Manning many trips to the playoffs before winning, so what if it takes Ryan another year..."That's My Quarterback!.." (sniff...sniff)...I'm willing to hang in there....He's all we have!! B)

I understand your logic, but I don't give a rat's big fat azz about the Patriots, Ravens, Saints, or how many trips it took Manning to get a playoff win. The only team that I wanted to lose was the Packers and we know how that turned out. Well, The Saints was a good loss but that was before us so I enjoyed it while it lasted. You sound like a dejected TO!!!!

I understand your logic, but I don't give a rat's big fat azz about the Patriots, Ravens, Saints, or how many trips it took Manning to get a playoff win. The only team that I wanted to lose was the Packers and we know how that turned out. Well, The Saints was a good loss but that was before us so I enjoyed it while it lasted. You sound like a dejected TO!!!!

blame the dayum bears. If they would of beat the pack week 17, then most likely we would played the seahawks giants if they beat philly..But no excuses.

You sound a lil upset...the T.O. thing was a joke. As far as the other teams, my logic about that is: all of the teams that were "expected" to move on didn't so the "media" couldn't pick on us.

blame the dayum bears. If they would of beat the pack week 17, then most likely we would played the seahawks giants if they beat philly..But no excuses.

Yeah, Phuck dem da*n bears! Hopefully Green Bay shellacks that azz this week for failure to put them away in week 17. To think weeks ago I was hoping to avoid a run in with Philly, because I thought we could beat anyone else. Yeah, your are right....... no excuses

Yeah, Phuck dem da*n bears! Hopefully Green Bay shellacks that azz this week for failure to put them away in week 17. To think weeks ago I was hoping to avoid a run in with Philly, because I thought we could beat anyone else. Yeah, your are right....... no excuses

Yeah...GB wins the SB...Big...I don't want them to, but based on the way they've been playing, who can stop them? :angry:

You sound a lil upset...the T.O. thing was a joke. As far as the other teams, my logic about that is: all of the teams that were "expected" to move on didn't so the "media" couldn't pick on us.

No, I am not upset at all. Sorry if I came off that way. I know it was a joke, just not a very good one. J/K

Yeah, they can pick still on us. Most of the other teams have a Lombardi and weren't called pretenders throughout the whole season. They weren't expecting us to move on and we gave them what they wanted. Plenty to talk about.

Edited by FalconinPA

No, I am not upset at all. Sorry if I came off that way. I know it was a joke, just not a very good one. J/K

Yeah, they can pick still on us. Most of the other teams have a Lombardi and weren't called pretenders throughout the whole season. They weren't expecting us to move on and we gave them what they wanted. Plenty to talk about.

I don't hear much negative talk like I expected.

and even in the wildcard round, the 2 missed FG's by david akers would of won the game for philly, but UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! But yea i hope the pack beat the bears even worse then they beat us (if thats possible). Weather shouldnt be a big factor, seeing that GB is use to playing in the zero below weather.

I don't hear much negative talk like I expected.

You are right on that. However, they have the rest of the playoffs to talk about now. Just wait until the preseason games and the regular season games start. You are gonna hear about the Green Bay game so much that you are gonna think we play at Lambeau field. Mark my words

I disagree -- if GB wins the Super Bowl, that'll take some of the edge off. Frankly, I think the Pack are going to win the SB. They are firing on all cylinders.

I was happy to see the Pats lose too because afterwards, we weren't the only #1 seed to fall in the playoffs.

Have you noticed the media has backed off the "Falcons choke" talk since the Pat's "choked" ? I have.

The term "Any given Sunday" has returned to prevelance and that's fine with me.

I felt the same way.

The Falcons are out

Patriots Out

Colts Out

Just saying. ;)

Next season, in our first playoff game of the year - this will come up again... "Ryan is 0-2 in playoff games... and his last one was a rout by the super bowl champion Green Bay Packers..." and then we'll stomp the poo out of some poor team and the talk will stop.

*begin dream sequence*

And then after our fourth consecutive Super Bowl and Matt Ryan has replaced Joe Montana as the Super Bowl QB of ALL TIME... and we're a dynasty and the most popular team in the world... and gum drops grow on trees and Anne Hathaway falls in love with me....

*end dream sequence*

Sorry guys, I got carried away there :P

I had 3 standards of happiness this post season.

Falcons win the Super Bowl.

Saints lose to Atlanta or before playing Atlanta.

Eagles lose to Atlanta or before playing Atlanta.

So yeah, I was bummed Atlanta lost but at least 67% of my happiness criteria for the post season were met.

I'd be enjoying the post season a good bit less if NO or Philly were still alive.

I had 3 standards of happiness this post season.

Falcons win the Super Bowl.

Saints lose to Atlanta or before playing Atlanta.

Eagles lose to Atlanta or before playing Atlanta.

So yeah, I was bummed Atlanta lost but at least 67% of my happiness criteria for the post season were met.

I'd be enjoying the post season a good bit less if NO or Philly were still alive.

Honestly, I remember a thread being created asking about what is considered having a successful season or something to that matter. I clearly remember saying Ryan winning 1 playoff game, because it would mean that he would've progress from the first year along those lines. So when we got HFA, I was pretty sure that he'd win one for sure, but it didn't happen....so we'll wait and see next year. The third time is a charm! ;)