Every Falcon fan from owner to the fan...PLEASE READ

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Long read but here me out. Man :huh: I really wrote a novel this time but hopefully you enjoy and can give me some feed back :)

We have how many Pro Bowlers on our team. 6 or 7 on offense. And one on defense, one special teams. Our offense has no excuse but to be explosive. I mean how do you have that many pro bowlers and not be explosive. Attention all fans either we have a great offensive coordinator that make these average guys Pro Bowler's, or we got some great Pro Bowl players that make our offensive coordinator look like hes doing a good job. In my opinion we should really get a Q.B. coach and make him assistant head coach with the promise of being offensive coordinator as soon as M.M. contract expires or we decide to relieve him of his duties. And in that contract if we fail to make this Q.B. coach our offensive coordinator he has the option to walk away or stay at his position but with guaranteed money if he some how did not get the job after M.M. I love what M.M. has done for us, but he has reached his max of what he is good at doing, this team needs to take the next step.

Coach Mike Smith had never been a head coach before. So he was a defense guy his whole career. Last position, Defensive Coordinator of the Jaguars. So to be a head coach, he needed a right hand man strong in offense that could help him with some of the head coaching duties that has been a head coach especially in the N.F.L. And here came M&M. Well M.M. has done his job and got us were we need to be and at his position he either needs to move forward and take coach Mike Smiths job. Take a job below Offensive coordinator, or just move on. Mike Smith has the experience under his belt, he doesn't need a old head coach to handle his offense. He can bring in some new blood to mix with what M.M. already brought to the team but was tapped out. We have seen M.M.'s best and we need better. We have the players to be the most explosive team on the field in the N.F.L. along with the Patriots. The difference is the Patriots and other teams have offensive coordinators that know how to mix it up and make it work. Bring any offensive coordinator that is known for being explosive to our offense, and we got all the pieces to do that. How can any one not see my point, especially our coaching staff, G.M. and owner?

We could lure Tom Clements from Green Bay or John Ramsdell from San Diego. Yeah, they both got good gigs were they are, but we can make it very enticing to them. You give them a big fat raise and also the Assistant head coach position with a promise (in writing), to take over when M.M.'s contract expires as our offensive coordinator and then repeat the process with the voided Q.B. coach position your new offensive coordinator would leave open, unless they wanted to be offensive coordinator/QB coach. Which would be excellent.

The QB is the leader of the offense. Your at one time QB coach/Assistant Coach/future Offensive coordinator who I say we should hire can take a year to work with Matt Ryan and possibly another youngster whether that be J.P. Wilson or a new draft pick for a year or so. Then move up to running the offense his way, due to knowing how to run it from knowing what Matt Ryan is capable of and how to design plays to maximize our star player, face of the franchise, Matt Ryan. Then we have something special.

b]Tom Clements from Green Bay or John Ramsdell from San Diego are the best two candidates and my favorite. But who else might we test the waters with that could take the steps needed to fulfill this plan, if by some chance someone heard me out and Arthur Blank, Thomas Dimitroff, or Mike Smith got the message and went this route. There may be better candidates, but those are my 2 favorite. Any other good Q.B. coaches who are proven that can step up and eventually become our offensive coordinator. Check out the resumes of the two I have chosen and you will see why they would fit the Falcons and advance us to were we need to be. They have proven track records, and should have got their shot years ago to be at the least an offensive coordinator.

Our Defense is good. From how many Pro- Bowler on offense and then look at defense. Its obvious we need to take the best talent we can defensively for a 4-3 defense. Mike Smith is a 4-3 guy and hes not going any were any time soon. So we need to look free agent, draft what ever. But our offense may have a whole hear or there but the hole is because the offensive coordinator (M.M.) can not fill it cause he lacks the play calling and skills to make it were there is not a whole. I mean be honest, we get a explosive slot receiver, franchise L.T. and a young tight end to groom and what else do you need. It is obvious we should be way more explosive than we are for the few positions we are missing. All team are missing something on both sides of the ball. We need an offensive coordinator that can over come our short coming and make our strong comings explode and be shown. M.M. has had the chance, especially this year. We should and have the talent to slang it out with the best of them. But we don't and will not until we make a change.

We can fill the few holes on offense, and I am sure we will. But even if we fill these holes, M.M. will not have the skills at his coaching position to put it all together. I believe that with all my heart. I do not hate or wish any ill to M.M. But that is my opinion and I feel it should be most all of our opinons. Lots of offenses lose players in prime spots and can over come. We hardly lost anyone on offense and could not stand out must less over come. And with that many pro bowlers on offense, no excuses. If we lose someone with that type of talent then we should be able to use other pro bowl talent to make up for it like other teams. Look at teams like Green Bay or San Diego, just so happily were our future Q.B. Coach/Assistant Head Coach/Future Offensive Coordinator is. They had injuries and were down but able to sustain and focus on there strong points and not expose their week points on showed they can over come. We our not coached like that on offense. Maybe on defense they are but not on offense.

Just tell me how this is not the obvious, and the best blu print for us moving forward. I just thank this is the way we should proceed, if its not show me a better approach.

Tom Clements: http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/tom-clements/bb67e02f-a2b1-4543-83af-00f437249c9f

John Ramsdell:

http://www.chargers.com/team/coaches/john-ramsdell/49f725e0-266a-49ed-b6a8-99fe0fd86e9c

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Jeff Jagodzinski http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Jagodzinski

I did some research on Jeff Jagodzinski and if we can not land one of my two first choices I say go get this guy.

He has had success with Matt Ryan in college as his coach. Has been a member of our staff in 2004-2005 season as offensive line coach. He seems to have a full understanding of our offense and maybe he knows Ryan enough already to come in and show us how to make him more effective. He could be the wild card that could make our offense blow up. Not nearly as good resume as the other 2 guys I mentioned but worth calling him in for an interview at the very least.

Boston College

Jagodzinski was named head coach at Boston College in January 2007 to replace Tom O'Brien. In his first year at BC, he led the Eagles to an 11-3 record, a #10 finish in the polls and an ACC Atlantic Division Championship. At one point in the season, the Eagles were ranked second in the Bowl Championship Series standings. Along with Steve Logan, Jagodzinski brought a high flying offensive attack which was very different from Tom O'Brien's short passing game style. He has been nicknamed "Jags" by BC fans and the media. In his first season at BC produced two First Round talents: Matt Ryan and Gosder Cherilus.

Following the 2008 season, Jagodzinski interviewed for the vacant New York Jets head coaching job, despite being warned not to do so by athletic director Gene DeFilippo.[1][2] He interviewed for the position, and was fired the next day. He only completed two years of his five-year contract with Boston College. The Jets ultimately hired Rex Ryan, who was previously the defensive coordinator and assistant head coach for the Baltimore Ravens.

He could be the man, I am just now reading about him and like him for the job as Q.B. coach. Just not so sure we give him assistant coach title, nor would we have to.

To get to and stay at the top, the very best businesses (like a professional sports team) should forever be looking at better talent and better coaches of such talent. Every off season the Falcons are trying to improve their talent; every off season they should also look to improve upon too the directors and leaders of such talent.

Continuity is good too, but never at the expense of complacency or status quo. Status quo without talent leads to losing seasons; status quo with talent can lead to average seasons or good regular seasons but profound playoff losses.

What we saw last Saturday was two teams with comparable overall talent. However, the Falcons coaching staff was overwhelmingly and convincingly out coached and out schemed. If our OC and DC do not step it up next season--particularly the DC, in my opinion--we will have officially validated a state of complacency and status quo.

Edited by Quarterback

What we saw last Saturday was two teams with comparable overall talent. However, the Falcons coaching staff was overwhelmingly and convincingly out coached and out schemed. If our OC and DC do not step it up next season--particularly the DC, in my opinion--we will have officially validated a state of complacency and status quo.

Really? We have a better RB than them. Other than that I don't see the comparable talent. Their WR group is 5 deep with guys who can make big plays. Roddy and Jennings are comparable, but the rest of their guys destroy ours. Rodgers is better than Ryan at this point, they have 3 probowlers in their secondary and the likely defensive MVP in Matthews. Raji is a top NT. Our success was a direct result of an excellent coaching staff, who covered up for our deficiencies even though it wasn't always exciting.

Everyone shares blame for the loss to GB. Ryan cost us bigtime and our defense couldn't get off the field ever. Part of the reason for that was the large talent discrepancy between their QB/5WR and our good-but-not-all-pro secondary. Honestly, we ran into probably the most talented team in the league and Rodgers was flat out in the zone. It's rediculous to over react and blame the coaching staff. In fact, I would take our staff over GB's without a doubt. Smitty and co. would be unstoppable with that type of defensive talent.

Im not a MM fan at all and while I do believe that our offense certainly lacks some explosiveness, our defense turned out to be our Achilles heel.

Had our defense been able to get GB's offense off the field, we might have seen just how good our offense can be. (despite MM)

I believe that our players and team win in spite of MM's weak play calling and conservative game plans but it is the defense that needs some major repair asap.

Really? We have a better RB than them. Other than that I don't see the comparable talent. Their WR group is 5 deep with guys who can make big plays. Roddy and Jennings are comparable, but the rest of their guys destroy ours. Rodgers is better than Ryan at this point, they have 3 probowlers in their secondary and the likely defensive MVP in Matthews. Raji is a top NT. Our success was a direct result of an excellent coaching staff, who covered up for our deficiencies even though it wasn't always exciting.

Everyone shares blame for the loss to GB. Ryan cost us bigtime and our defense couldn't get off the field ever. Part of the reason for that was the large talent discrepancy between their QB/5WR and our good-but-not-all-pro secondary. Honestly, we ran into probably the most talented team in the league and Rodgers was flat out in the zone. It's rediculous to over react and blame the coaching staff. In fact, I would take our staff over GB's without a doubt. Smitty and co. would be unstoppable with that type of defensive talent.

Sure, you can go position by position and cherry pick certain positions and find better talent for either team. I said "comparable" talent, meaning the overall team talent for both squads. Are you arguing that a 13-3 team versus a 10-6 team, and a team with more pro bowl selections than any other team in the NFL has significantly LESS overall talent? Give me a break.

"In fact, I would take our staff over GB's without a doubt. Smitty and co. would be unstoppable with that type of defensive talent."

Not me! I would trade BVG for Dom Capers in a heartbeat, as would most any other NFL authority, I'd predict!

And by the way, it is spelled "ridiculous."

Im not a MM fan at all and while I do believe that our offense certainly lacks some explosiveness, our defense turned out to be our Achilles heel.

Had our defense been able to get GB's offense off the field, we might have seen just how good our offense can be. (despite MM)

I believe that our players and team win in spite of MM's weak play calling and conservative game plans but it is the defense that needs some major repair asap.

100% agree!

While our offense--and Ryan in particular--was certainly not at their best, 21 points scored in the postseason should at least make you competitive (New England had only scored 11 points until the last couple of minutes of their game)! How many times have we seen this team--and Ryan, again--struggle on offense this season only to get it together in the 4th quarter and pull out victories?

Remember, this is exactly what New Orleans did just a few weeks ago. Brees struggled (2 crazy interceptions, remember?) for three quarters and then when it all was on the line he drove his team 90 yards for the winning TD!

But, when your defense can't force a single punt...well, you know the rest!

First off, great post,,

so here is my take on it...

Do you get a 13-3 record with average players or coaches or even schemes- NO

However, although i think that MM has done a nice job with this offense i think a different O/C a better O/C could move this O on even more. But again that said our O isn't loaded with weapons it has a great QB (in my opinion) a good running game and yes one of the best W/R currently in the NFL, but what happened to Douglas why can MM not get him involved or Weems why do we never run screen or a reverse?? How about the odd 5 W/R set once in a while or a trick play every now and then.. our QB is very inteligent, utilise it..

The best way to describe this Offense is solid and mostly mistake free and probably at times too conservative but maybe as well as a new O/C this O needs a few more weapons, A 'home hitter a RB' (what happened to Turner's speed?) and a legit no 2 W/R, move Jenkins to no 3. Either Douglas is that guy or he isn't, Either Norwood is that guy or he isn't..

Lets hope we get a couple of new players on O because i don't see MM going anywhere as there do't appear to be any Head Coaching jobs left. Sproles is a free agent that wouldn't be a bad start...

Sure, you can go position by position and cherry pick certain positions and find better talent for either team. I said "comparable" talent, meaning the overall team talent for both squads. Are you arguing that a 13-3 team versus a 10-6 team, and a team with more pro bowl selections than any other team in the NFL has significantly LESS overall talent? Give me a break.

"In fact, I would take our staff over GB's without a doubt. Smitty and co. would be unstoppable with that type of defensive talent."

Not me! I would trade BVG for Dom Capers in a heartbeat, as would most any other NFL authority, I'd predict!

And by the way, it is spelled "ridiculous."

They have more talent than we do. Yet we won more games because our staff is far superior to theirs. You can say anything you want but it won't change the fact that we both had good offenses, but on defense their talent level is in a whole nother stratosphere than ours. It's funny to see someone use a team's 13-3 record to try to criticize the coaching staff!

In spite of that, we ranked 5th in points scored and 5th in scoring defense. That is fantastic coaching and our HC and OC have already been voted coaches of the year by the Sporting News. It's Smith's second HC of the year award in 3 seasons.

If you want to compare DCs, then you should compare Capers to Smitty. It's his defense that we run. And like I said before, give Smitty GB's defensive talent and he would do better than Capers with it. They are 3 spots ahead of us in scoring defense, that is a true testament to what Smith and Co. were able to accomplish this season- with signficantly less defensive talent.

"Yet we won more games because our staff is far superior to theirs."

This is an utterly "ridiculous" statement! So Mike Smith, Mike Mularkey and BVG is "far Superior" to Mike McCarthy, Joe Philbin and Dom Capers? Wow! huh.gif

"In spite of that, we ranked 5th in points scored and 5th in scoring defense."

This is very good news, but the defensive system's coaching inadequacies were disguised by a ball control offense and a 3 man rush philosophy of permitting long opponent drives and thus limiting an opponents scoring. This is deceiving, but the deception was exposed by the packers in the playoffs--because of their superior coaching in this game.

"If you want to compare DC's, then you should compare Capers to Smitty."

mellow.gif Smith is a head coach and Capers is a DC. Capers to BVG is the correct comparison and, there is no comparison! Capers is head and shoulders better than BVG. Just go back and look at the game for your evidence! BVG has now had three years, lot's of focused draft choices the past two seasons, and key free agents, to get this team ready to compete in the postseason. THREE YEARS! He has failed miserably!

Edited by Quarterback

QB- You are just making baseless statements. Talent-wise we can go position by position.

DEFENSE:

DT- Raji is better than any DT we have

LB- Matthews is better than any LB we have

CB- Both of their corners are better than any corner we have

S- Collins is better than any S we have

DE- Abe is better than their best DE

On defense there is no comparison between our talent level. Fortunately, we are not slouches and great coaching enabled us to rank 5th in scoring defense.

Offense:

QB- Rodgers is more talented than Ryan at this point in their careers

WR- Roddy's great, but their WRs are clearly more talented

TE- I give Gonzo the edge over Quarless

OL- Falcons

RB/FB- Falcons

On offense we can agree that the talent level is comparable. We are better at running it, they are better at throwing it.

So unless you are going to come on here and show how I am wrong about our offenses being comparable, and their defense clearly possessing more talent than ours, it's time for you to throw in the towel with your whole "comparable talent" argument.

Once that point is clear, there is little you can say about our coaching staff because they coached this team to a 13-3 record, ranking 5th in scoring offense and defense.

As far as comparing BVG to Capers, you are in denial. We run Smitty's defense. It isn't uncommon for a HC to specialize on one side of the ball. There are lots of HC who install their scheme and systems, and still have an OC/DC working under them. That is the case in here, just as it is with GB's offense. Mike McCarthy runs their offense, while Philbin is their OC.

Long read but here me out. Man :huh: I really wrote a novel this time but hopefully you enjoy and can give me some feed back :)

We have how many Pro Bowlers on our team. 6 or 7 on offense. And one on defense, one special teams. Our offense has no excuse but to be explosive. I mean how do you have that many pro bowlers and not be explosive. Attention all fans either we have a great offensive coordinator that make these average guys Pro Bowler's, or we got some great Pro Bowl players that make our offensive coordinator look like hes doing a good job. In my opinion we should really get a Q.B. coach and make him assistant head coach with the promise of being offensive coordinator as soon as M.M. contract expires or we decide to relieve him of his duties. And in that contract if we fail to make this Q.B. coach our offensive coordinator he has the option to walk away or stay at his position but with guaranteed money if he some how did not get the job after M.M. I love what M.M. has done for us, but he has reached his max of what he is good at doing, this team needs to take the next step.

Coach Mike Smith had never been a head coach before. So he was a defense guy his whole career. Last position, Defensive Coordinator of the Jaguars. So to be a head coach, he needed a right hand man strong in offense that could help him with some of the head coaching duties that has been a head coach especially in the N.F.L. And here came M&M. Well M.M. has done his job and got us were we need to be and at his position he either needs to move forward and take coach Mike Smiths job. Take a job below Offensive coordinator, or just move on. Mike Smith has the experience under his belt, he doesn't need a old head coach to handle his offense. He can bring in some new blood to mix with what M.M. already brought to the team but was tapped out. We have seen M.M.'s best and we need better. We have the players to be the most explosive team on the field in the N.F.L. along with the Patriots. The difference is the Patriots and other teams have offensive coordinators that know how to mix it up and make it work. Bring any offensive coordinator that is known for being explosive to our offense, and we got all the pieces to do that. How can any one not see my point, especially our coaching staff, G.M. and owner?

We could lure Tom Clements from Green Bay or John Ramsdell from San Diego. Yeah, they both got good gigs were they are, but we can make it very enticing to them. You give them a big fat raise and also the Assistant head coach position with a promise (in writing), to take over when M.M.'s contract expires as our offensive coordinator and then repeat the process with the voided Q.B. coach position your new offensive coordinator would leave open, unless they wanted to be offensive coordinator/QB coach. Which would be excellent.

The QB is the leader of the offense. Your at one time QB coach/Assistant Coach/future Offensive coordinator who I say we should hire can take a year to work with Matt Ryan and possibly another youngster whether that be J.P. Wilson or a new draft pick for a year or so. Then move up to running the offense his way, due to knowing how to run it from knowing what Matt Ryan is capable of and how to design plays to maximize our star player, face of the franchise, Matt Ryan. Then we have something special.

b]Tom Clements from Green Bay or John Ramsdell from San Diego are the best two candidates and my favorite. But who else might we test the waters with that could take the steps needed to fulfill this plan, if by some chance someone heard me out and Arthur Blank, Thomas Dimitroff, or Mike Smith got the message and went this route. There may be better candidates, but those are my 2 favorite. Any other good Q.B. coaches who are proven that can step up and eventually become our offensive coordinator. Check out the resumes of the two I have chosen and you will see why they would fit the Falcons and advance us to were we need to be. They have proven track records, and should have got their shot years ago to be at the least an offensive coordinator.

Our Defense is good. From how many Pro- Bowler on offense and then look at defense. Its obvious we need to take the best talent we can defensively for a 4-3 defense. Mike Smith is a 4-3 guy and hes not going any were any time soon. So we need to look free agent, draft what ever. But our offense may have a whole hear or there but the hole is because the offensive coordinator (M.M.) can not fill it cause he lacks the play calling and skills to make it were there is not a whole. I mean be honest, we get a explosive slot receiver, franchise L.T. and a young tight end to groom and what else do you need. It is obvious we should be way more explosive than we are for the few positions we are missing. All team are missing something on both sides of the ball. We need an offensive coordinator that can over come our short coming and make our strong comings explode and be shown. M.M. has had the chance, especially this year. We should and have the talent to slang it out with the best of them. But we don't and will not until we make a change.

We can fill the few holes on offense, and I am sure we will. But even if we fill these holes, M.M. will not have the skills at his coaching position to put it all together. I believe that with all my heart. I do not hate or wish any ill to M.M. But that is my opinion and I feel it should be most all of our opinons. Lots of offenses lose players in prime spots and can over come. We hardly lost anyone on offense and could not stand out must less over come. And with that many pro bowlers on offense, no excuses. If we lose someone with that type of talent then we should be able to use other pro bowl talent to make up for it like other teams. Look at teams like Green Bay or San Diego, just so happily were our future Q.B. Coach/Assistant Head Coach/Future Offensive Coordinator is. They had injuries and were down but able to sustain and focus on there strong points and not expose their week points on showed they can over come. We our not coached like that on offense. Maybe on defense they are but not on offense.

Just tell me how this is not the obvious, and the best blu print for us moving forward. I just thank this is the way we should proceed, if its not show me a better approach.

Tom Clements: http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/tom-clements/bb67e02f-a2b1-4543-83af-00f437249c9f

John Ramsdell:

http://www.chargers.com/team/coaches/john-ramsdell/49f725e0-266a-49ed-b6a8-99fe0fd86e9c

You're absolutely right.

That is WAAAAAY long.

The owner (Mr. Blank), does NOT read these boards. Thomas Dimitroff does NOT read these boards. The coaching staff does NOT read these boards. The players do NOT read these boards, and thank God for that. NOBODY that has ANYTHING to do with the makeup of the coaching staff or the team reads these boards. If they did, they'd just have a good laugh and move on. The only people in Flowery Branch that read these boards are the people that run these boards and I promise you they have NO SAY-SO WHAT SO EVER about how the team is run or coached.

The owner (Mr. Blank), does NOT read these boards. Thomas Dimitroff does NOT read these boards. The coaching staff does NOT read these boards. The players do NOT read these boards, and thank God for that. NOBODY that has ANYTHING to do with the makeup of the coaching staff or the team reads these boards. If they did, they'd just have a good laugh and move on. The only people in Flowery Branch that read these boards are the people that run these boards and I promise you they have NO SAY-SO WHAT SO EVER about how the team is run or coached.

And here I thought we were actually making a difference, Thanks for bursting my balloon LOL ........ :lol: