Wes Welker

Jay Z

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree with what someone else said. brady makes everyone look good, plus id rather draft people. we really outperformed this year. we need to continue to build the talent. we need another wide, plus a change of pace/ pass catcher rb, plus the holes on defense. rather not spend a pick on welker.

I agree with this. That and wasn't Harry Douglas supposed to take a Wes Welker type role?

injury and vanilla system killed his progression. if we decided to do some reverses and use him in the slot more im sure he would have progressed. heck i can barely remember him making a positive play recently.

injury and vanilla system killed his progression. if we decided to do some reverses and use him in the slot more im sure he would have progressed. heck i can barely remember him making a positive play recently.

sorta deep pass in carolina game i think.

ryan kept overthrowing him deep when he beats defenders.

lol...i swear in 09 people were hating all the reverses Mularkey was calling, and for good reason...they don't work with this personnel

NAW...welker is definitely a system product...not a playmaker..VJax or trade for Fitz..i really feel those are our only true options

Agreed about him being a system product. Brady could make my mother in law look good! This is how the Pats remain so good, they will trade Welker for a pick that will probably turn out to be the best pick of the draft

Welker is a system WR. But that isn't something that should be used against him. Brady is a system QB. He won the MVP. What I see is a smart player who is capable of getting on the same page with a smart QB. He lines up and chooses from route options based on the coverage he sees pre and post snap. It's true he wouldn't have the same success with most other QBs, but because we have Ryan, it is completely plausible that he could have similar success here. He is exactly what we need, but the costs will probably be so high that he winds up elsewhere.

On a side note, Philly should know better. Vick does not play a cerebral game, Welker would not produce for them the way he would here or in KC.

c'mon guys. Welker looked awesome in Miami with Harrington or Culpepper at the QB spot.

So good, stingy NE gave a 2nd round pick to get him.

He would excel on any team. I could see the Rams go for him to load up on WRs for Bradford.

If we try to make a deal w/ NE I would see if they were willing to unload one of those young TE's since they both emerged.

I don't know how people are saying Welker isn't good and it's just that Brady makes him look good. The opposite should be more true. Welker gets open so quickly and is one **** of a route runner giving Brady the easy short outlet with potential for YAC. He's a good player in New England's system. He wouldn't work in a deeper system like the Chargers use.