6'4 260lbs Aldon Smith

atljbo

This guy is going to be one heck of a DE in the NFL... He will get stronger against the run with time but this guy is legit as a pass rusher... The guy can rush as a DE or a DT (Can be a real Justin Tuck type guy) ... At 21 years old... Some team will have a really good DE.

If we cant grab a DE in FA... I would really want to trade up to get this player.

I think we would have to make a Chargers (last year) type trade up to get him tho.. I dont see him making it out the teens now.

I really hope the Falcons go after big pass rush skills in a DE over well-rounded play. Our line needs the explosive sacker, not just a bunch of grinders. Am reluctant to part with extra picks though as WR, TE and RB are in need of premium attention, especially after having no 2nd in last year's deep deep draft.

I hate giving up pics also... especially early picks (im sure TD would get some late picks in return tho) but the only 3 positions im willing to do that for is a franchise QB, LT , or DE.

Can we stop comparing people to Justin Tuck? What happened to Allen Bailey being our Justin Tuck :lol:

Its a difference between the next Justin Tuck and a Justin Tuck type.

Justin Tuck made the DE that can play a DE famous (recently) ... So if some one say he can play a Justin Tuck Type role... It means he can play DE and DT.... If someone say he is like or the next Justin Tuck... Dude is a impact DE (10 plus sacks a year type guy)

Allen Bailey can play a Justin Tuck type role.... Aldon Smith has the potential to be a Justin Tuck

I mean thats how i see it

He is the only player in this draft that I would want to trade up to get. There are others, but he won't go TOO far ahead of us where it would take an arm and a leg to get him. He actually could go as high as 13 to the Lions, but I think they might trade down to snag a good DB or take Amakumara if he is still there. Aldon Smith is 1, 2 and 3 for me as far as wants in the first round.

Its a difference between the next Justin Tuck and a Justin Tuck type.

Justin Tuck made the DE that can play a DE famous (recently) ... So if some one say he can play a Justin Tuck Type role... It means he can play DE and DT.... If someone say he is like or the next Justin Tuck... Dude is a impact DE (10 plus sacks a year type guy)

Allen Bailey can play a Justin Tuck type role.... Aldon Smith has the potential to be a Justin Tuck

I mean thats how i see it

You have it mixed up Smith is to small to be the next Tuck, gotta remember Tuck is 275.

Allen Bailey though, he is a Justin Tuck.

You have it mixed up Smith is to small to be the next Tuck, gotta remember Tuck is 275.

Allen Bailey though, he is a Justin Tuck.

The guy has the frame to easily get up to 275....

I think he will show up at the combine around 265 - 270.

Tuck was around 265 during his draft in 2005

A player isn't "Justin Tuck type". It's the scheme and coaches. That's why I don't get why people claim so many guys can be like Justin Tuck. Everyone can be Justin Tuck just move him inside on pass-rushing downs. Jamaal Anderson does that, so he plays a Justin Tuck type role. Does that mean he is good?

A player isn't "Justin Tuck type". It's the scheme and coaches. That's why I don't get why people claim so many guys can be like Justin Tuck. Everyone can be Justin Tuck just move him inside on pass-rushing downs. Jamaal Anderson does that, so he plays a Justin Tuck type role. Does that mean he is good?

Playing that role doesnt mean a player is good or not... It just shows versatility. Can play multiple D-Line positions.

Thats not the main thing (you have to be good at what they want you to do)... its just a plus

That's not versatility imo. Can he be a full time DT? No. Can he be moved inside on passing downs, sure. We could do that with any of our DE's, or we can stick with Peters and Babs, depends on the coaches. I imagine you probably think that is very versatile, and hence why you're so high on him lol

That's not versatility imo. Can he be a full time DT? No. Can he be moved inside on passing downs, sure. We could do that with any of our DE's, or we can stick with Peters and Babs, depends on the coaches. I imagine you probably think that is very versatile, and hence why you're so high on him lol

You cant do that with any DE and he be affective.... Dude you just want to argue about something...lol

Tuck moving inside and still be effective allows you to bring in an extra pass rusher (on the edge)

Cuz I don't see it. You thought Allen Bailey can be similar but he can't shed a block to save his life. Would he be effective? No. Aldon Smith still needs to get a lot stronger. That move won't work against bigger and stronger guards in the NFL, so I can't see that being effective either. Justin Tuck is a rare player. That's why I find it really dumb I keep hearing about how these guys can be like Tuck or play like him.

Cuz I don't see it. You thought Allen Bailey can be similar but he can't shed a block to save his life. Would he be effective? No. Aldon Smith still needs to get a lot stronger. That move won't work against bigger and stronger guards in the NFL, so I can't see that being effective either. Justin Tuck is a rare player. That's why I find it really dumb I keep hearing about how these guys can be like Tuck or play like him.

ok... i see you are not understanding me...I broke down the difference (how i feel).. so im going to leave this one... I see we are not going to get any where.

I will say that i get what you are trying to say tho.

I think Allen Bailey main problem is that his off the snap awarness must get better.. Thats his biggest problem

Mike Mayock recently said he saw tape on Allen Bailey and he is way more explosive and way more better then he thought he was... He thought he was just a workout warrior.

One Thing... If you can remember.... everything you are saying was said about Justin Tuck when he entered the draft as a underclassmen out of Notre Dame (has to get stronger... He was around 265 when he entered the draft).. He had difficulties disengaging blocks...

He was none as a pure pass rusher with potential... most had him as a 1st rounder but he slipped...

Dude a great player start somewhere

POSITIVES: Terrific athlete who is a disruptive force up the field. Breaks down well playing with leverage, rarely off his feet and tough to move from his angle of attack. Good technician who works his hands throughout the action to stay off blocks. Explosive, flashes on the scene and a sudden defender. Quick if asked to twist or stunt, immediately changes his angle of attack and displays speed pursuing from the backside. Fast off the edge and has a burst bearing down on quarterbacks. Effective run defender who strings plays out to the flanks. Squares and wraps up tackling. Displays the ability to drop off the line of scrimmage and play in space.

NEGATIVES: Lacks bulk and disadvantaged going up against big bodied linemen. Must improve his strength, as he gets wired in blocks or has difficulty disengaging from opposing tight ends.

ANALYSIS: After an outstanding sophomore campaign when he looked like a dominant defender, Tuck struggled as a junior last season. Would have been better off staying in college and becoming a potential top-10 pick in next year's draft, but possesses the underlying skills to be a productive and disruptive NFL defensive end.

PROJECTION: Mid First Round

That sounds like a way better player than Allen Bailey. Do you think Heyward and Clayborn can be a "Justin Tuck type"? They are similar to Allen Bailey, 3-4/4-3 tweeners.

If Aldon Smith didn't occasionally line up at DT would you still be saying this?

Edited by Snelling44

That sounds like a way better player than Allen Bailey. Do you think Heyward and Clayborn can be a "Justin Tuck type"? They are similar to Allen Bailey, 3-4/4-3 tweeners.

If Aldon Smith didn't occasionally line up at DT would you still be saying this?

Dude... Justin Tuck dont consistently play DT... He doesnt play the run at DT.... He only play DT in certain pass rushing plays... Heck JPP played allot of DT (passrusher ) ... I dont get your point... You get what im saying... you are just trying to be a smart guy now... Its just like when a draft analyst (who've also used the justin tuck example) says... They say a guy can be a wes welker type slot wr... Dude is not saying that guy will catch 100 balls a year and 1000 yard season... He is saying what type of role he could play.

If a team pay Heyward at 4-3 DE... They need to be fired asap... So i dont get what you are trying to say... I think Clayborn can play some 4-3 strong side DE/DT. (Justin Tuck role)

You are taking what i am saying "Justin Tuck type role" .... As me saying he wil be the next Justin Tuck or beastly production... Thats crazy... I'm saying the role Tuck made famous.

Hey Snelling you can add these to your Sr Bowl list on your blog.

3 D-II players have accepted invites to 2011 game. Slippery Rock's B. Fusco (OL), So. Ark.'s C. Thornton (DL) and Abilene Chr. WR E.Gates.

I have been talking about Edmund Gates all year. He will rise up boards. Watch out for him.

I wanna know what your criteria for a Justin Tuck type guy is cuz right now it just sounds like your throwing his name around.

And I think Clayborn is a 4-3 LDE, but some say he can play in the 3-4 as well.

Dude... Ive said it many times... I'm done talking about ... When Mike Smith had a interview this summer.. I heard him say JA98 was going to play DE/DT role that Justin Tuck made famous... I guess that mean Coach Smith thinks JA98 is the next Justin Tuck huh...lol.. Come on man.. The guy made a role famous... So ppl show the guy respect by phrasing that DE/DT role A Justin Tuck type role.