Finneran of the future!

I am in fact Canadian(Check the name) so I'm a bit of a homer but hey aren't we all.

Highlights first:

Andy Fantuz WR, 6'4, 220lbs, 27 years old.

Led the CFL in receiving yards last year and mayybbbbee had 2 drops on the season dude has velcro hands.

http://www.cfl.ca/roster/show?id=580

Highlights!!!

With the hands over the shoulder

Skip to 45 sec

Goin up

Usin the body

Adjusting to the ball

The reason I say he could be a replacement for Finneran is that I believe they are very similar players.

Big body guys who are great route runners and have sticky hands. By no means burners in either case but use their bodies well and win jump balls.

The other thing that makes me want Fantuz(other than my homerness) is the fact that he catches the ball with his hands not his body.

It's become increasingly rare in the CFL to find a receiver who extends the arms and catches the ball with his hands, most guys just try to craddle it in their chest.

While watching the Ravens play the Steelers (I think) I saw a prefectly thrown ball hit Mason(?) in the chest and bounce for an incompletion because he didnt extend for the ball. It got me thinking and I believe there are alot of guys with that problem in the NFL as well.

Thus ends my rant. I want Fantuz!

Edited by dirtycanadianbird

I like Brian Finneran but "Finneran of the future" doesn't exactly excite me. I mean, we are talking about a guy who has had 446 yards receiving in the last 4 years combined, hasn't broken 200 yards receiving since 2005, and is averaging less than 300 yards per season for his career.

"Jenkins of the future" would have been more compelling, and I'm not a fan of his either.

Jenkins and Meier both fit the Finneran profile. We gotta get speed. Demon speed. Speed's what we need. Greasy, fast speed!

I agree, we have the "Finn of the futre" on the roster. What we need is another Roddy.

BTW, when Finn was on 680 earlier this week, he have very good things to say about Harry Douglas. Thought he was underutilized (partially due to him getting over the knee injury) and thought he had a big future with the Falcons.

I don't understand why anyone would want another Finn? Another Roddy maybe but another Finn? No thanks. I'm not to big of a fan of career backups.

I agree if TD says he wants a more explosive offense he certainly isn't talking about getting another Finneran. This offense needs a slot receiver that can catch the ball and make someone miss, Lance Moore would be a good option in my opinion.

The Finn of the future is Finn. It's not like he's contributing with his speed or mad skills. He contributes with his Finn-ness. That is not a play on words with finesse . . . It is to say that it the essence of all things Finneran that make him the valuable contributor to the team. And that doesn't slow down. It doesn't age. It just keeps running the crisp third down routes, making the blocks on kick off returns, doing whatever special teams job needs to be done (or any OTHER job for that matter, including deep safety when defending hail mary passes)

They may add another wide receiver, but they will not cut Finn. He is not taking a WR slot, he is taking a FINN slot. He is not inclined to give up that spot and no one will take THAT position away from him.

I don't understand why anyone would want another Finn? Another Roddy maybe but another Finn? No thanks. I'm not to big of a fan of career backups.

first off i think were talking about a replacement for finn not an addition to the finn we have now,

and finn is older now and came back from multiple injuries. i would love to have a younger healthy finn playing the role that the current older finn is playing now which will probably be kerry meirs as the guy above has mentioned

I completely forgot about Meier. I guess he would be the logical guy to step in there.

I don't have much knowledge of the guy so he may be as good a fit.

I think a guy like Finneran becomes especially important if Tony G is done. Big target for the endzone who has great hands. I realize that Finneran isn't going to take over a game but he is a great role player to have. A guy who can go up and win the jump ball without it deflecting up into the air to be picked off half the time...(In fairness Jenkins was much better this year.)

Lol mostly it would just be more fun for me to cheer for him if he played for the Falcons and not the Steelers or Jets....

Edited by dirtycanadianbird

I agree if TD says he wants a more explosive offense he certainly isn't talking about getting another Finneran. This offense needs a slot receiver that can catch the ball and make someone miss, Lance Moore would be a good option in my opinion.

Lance Moore was one of the names I had in mind too!