Norwood....Re-sign or not?

Why use the roster spot on an injured player? He is always hurt.. Its not if it is when. And to think at one point I thought he should be an every down back. Every staff that's been in here has wanted him to touch the ball more than 150 times but he has never been healthy enough to do that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say re-sign. I like Snelling and he does everything well, but he just doesn't have speed. And TD loves

speed. People talk about Al Davis, but TD loves speed too. Norwood is a vet and knows what's going on.

I still say draft a RB so if Norwood get's hurt then you still got some back up. And plus it would be

like a TE learning under TG. Sign Norwood for 1yr and see how it goes. If we don't and keep Snelling

I still think a rookie with speed in the early rounds would beat out Snelling b/c TD wants some

explosiveness and he loves speed.

NO, he is not going to be the same coming off of an ACL injury. It may not be until 2012 until he is back to his old self. Yes he can be dynamic with his speed and I'm sure we will see him make some plays in the next two season, but it will be for another team. He can't stay healthy. I still can't believe prior to us getting Turner there were people that thought Norwood should get a shot to be our every down back. What were they thinking... :blink:

Edited by isproab

Sorry, but w/ his chronic history of injuries there is no reason to believe that he'll ever be healthy for more than 6 - 8 games a season. Roster spots are too valuble. It's time to cut bait & pay Norwood to leave if we have to. We need a change up w/ speed @ RB to compliment Turner that will be active on gamedays.

I say NO....he is hurt too much and the emotional aspect of waiting to see when he goes down will he get up, limp up or be picked up. I love the guy too but he is just emotional baggage for the players and coaches. Time to turn the page on Norwood. And as far as getting an expolsive WR.....are you kidding? If we get an explosive WR it has no bearings at all to the fact we still need a fast, agile with the potential to get outside RB. Nothing changes, we need both IMHO.

I say sign him at minimum and put him at slot receiver for end arounds and slant routes.

it isnt as big a deal to gameplan for losing a WR as it is a RB (meaning having roster spots)

He could provide us with a great weapon when teams try to take away white and TG, leaving the middle of the field open for him.

Nope let him walk and hope he does not injure himself on the way out in the parking lot.

I like Norwood as much as anyone but he gets injured way to much and him being a speed back those injuries will take away that speed.

It is time to find a new speed back to split time with Turner.

I say re-sign. I like Snelling and he does everything well, but he just doesn't have speed. And TD loves

speed. People talk about Al Davis, but TD loves speed too. Norwood is a vet and knows what's going on.

I still say draft a RB so if Norwood get's hurt then you still got some back up. And plus it would be

like a TE learning under TG. Sign Norwood for 1yr and see how it goes. If we don't and keep Snelling

I still think a rookie with speed in the early rounds would beat out Snelling b/c TD wants some

explosiveness and he loves speed.

no - injured way too often. There are other explosive backs via FA or coming out of the draft that could be a replacement.

I love Norwood but I say no.. You can't keep throwing money at a walking cast and every time he gets hurt he leaves a big hole in the offense.. We need someone more dependable. When he is healthy he is a game changer but that is the problem.

We need someone that we can hopefully count on to be healthy more than 20% of the time. He is just far too brittle.. And yes I know I've said norwood is injury prone like 5 times but I have to cause he is ALWAYS HURT.

U R GOOD

My heart says no, due to Hurtwoods oft-injured status, but my head says something similar to the other posters, one year contract...deeply reliant on maintaining health. Bring in another speed back, from the draft or go get a younger FA with speed and let him compete.

The real question is whether TD will go the true Patriot way, and cut bait with Turner and trade him, due to him looking a little slower and him getting up in age. Not saying he's slow, or not good...just saying even when productive, vets get released/traded/cut all the time by top flight teams looking to stay young, ala Eagles/Patriots.

I would give him a rigorous physical. If he passes it and we can get him at a good price I say hail yeah. He is the scat back you guys are clamoring for.

If he can't pass the physical, then I say let him go and thanks for the explosive memories and the All Time Falcon yards per carry record.

Even if he passes the physical, who's to say he isn't going to get another hip flexor in week 1? Sure, you take that gamble with every player you sign but there are just some guys that have terrible luck and can't stay on the field. He is one of them.

Even if he passes the physical, who's to say he isn't going to get another hip flexor in week 1? Sure, you take that gamble with every player you sign but there are just some guys that have terrible luck and can't stay on the field. He is one of them.

Yeah he has been dinged up a lot. But not in the beginning of his career. Modern medicine and rehab is much better than years ago. He can come back. They can make him stronger. And faster. I have seen athletes come back from this kind of injury and many more. Even athletes that had back to back injury marred seasons. Look at Fin. Two devestating knee injuries in back to back years. Played the entire 2010 season. All yall need to see is one more explosive play from Wildwood and you will be back on the bandwagon. Trust me. I say if he's healthy, give him a chance to help his team and win his fans back.