Norwood....Re-sign or not?

I say re-sign. I like Snelling and he does everything well, but he just doesn't have speed. And TD loves

speed. People talk about Al Davis, but TD loves speed too. Norwood is a vet and knows what's going on.

I still say draft a RB so if Norwood get's hurt then you still got some back up. And plus it would be

like a TE learning under TG. Sign Norwood for 1yr and see how it goes. If we don't and keep Snelling

I still think a rookie with speed in the early rounds would beat out Snelling b/c TD wants some

explosiveness and he loves speed.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I say re-sign. I like Snelling and he does everything well, but he just doesn't have speed. And TD loves

speed. People talk about Al Davis, but TD loves speed too. Norwood is a vet and knows what's going on.

I still say draft a RB so if Norwood get's hurt then you still got some back up. And plus it would be

like a TE learning under TG. Sign Norwood for 1yr and see how it goes. If we don't and keep Snelling

I still think a rookie with speed in the early rounds would beat out Snelling b/c TD wants some

If we can get him cheap with an heavily incentive based contract, and still get someone just in case he goes down again then I say do it. But that's the only way we do it. When he goes does, we do not have any depth to make up for his loss which needs to change. But if he cant sign a contract like that...well see ya around the league Norwood.

If we can get him cheap with an heavily incentive based contract, and still get someone just in case he goes down again then I say do it. But that's the only way we do it. When he goes does, we do not have any depth to make up for his loss which needs to change. But if he cant sign a contract like that...well see ya around the league Norwood.

You're a smart man.

It depends if we get a change of pace back put him at reciever. If we get a change of pace back and a fast reciever then Norwood might be gone. I say give him a one year contract and let him fight it out in preseason. Jenkins, Douglas, Finn, Weems. D### we short at reciever and im not talking about height.

I love Norwood but I say no.. You can't keep throwing money at a walking cast and every time he gets hurt he leaves a big hole in the offense.. We need someone more dependable. When he is healthy he is a game changer but that is the problem.

We need someone that we can hopefully count on to be healthy more than 20% of the time. He is just far too brittle.. And yes I know I've said norwood is injury prone like 5 times but I have to cause he is ALWAYS HURT.

Can we offer him 3 5 game contracts that are incentive laden? I would do this, that way if he gets a better offer at least we tried to keep him and if he gets injured cut him after 5 games and pickup another back

is this even possible?? just wondering.

No thats not possible.

Anyone who is thinking yes about resigning him..

Are you kidding me? Norwood is a good player and all, WHEN he is healthy.

You know as well as I do, it was only a matter of time this season before he got another injury and was out. Especially in the first game, it was just typical for him.

He is a class act, but AB is not wasting anymore money on him.

Edited by IceFalcon

Can we offer him 3 5 game contracts that are incentive laden? I would do this, that way if he gets a better offer at least we tried to keep him and if he gets injured cut him after 5 games and pickup another back

is this even possible?? just wondering.

Do you think he would accept that even if it were possible? He could probably get a job else where rather then wasting his time with that.

I got 2 words. Brian Williams. I don't think anybody thought we would re-sign him this year. Especially

at his age and a torn ACL but we did. And you can say that he was a vet and knew Smitty's system but at

that point we had signed D-Rob for vet leadership. But if you listen to TD he always mentions Norwood's

speed and how we missed it. I wouldn't be surprised. Like Deion says, you can't coach speed.

He is an awesome player for Madden, but he doesn't really do much for us except get hurt, time to part ways.