It's Never a Dull Moment With This Franchise

Theyhateme : )

ryan and musgrave worked well, but maybe it's better to have some fresh ideas at a smaller coaching position. to be honest i'm not too sure what a qb coach even does, but it might have a lot do with foot counts and timing. we'll survive.

It varies from team to team but in Musgrave's case he had general QB coaching duties which deal with the development of every QB on the roster. That involves working on mechanics, film study, game plan and more. During the game it involves photo study and in Musgrave's case, relaying the plays to the QB over the mic.

He was actually with us here before...Jeff Jadgodzinski...also, Musgrave just got a promotion last year....so him leaving is a surprise to me...but we'll find someone else and move on....

Because of the promotion, Smith could have refused to let him talk to anyone. It was a classy move by MS, not to impede Musgrave's chance to advance.

[panic mode/off]

LOL...if you don't want people to comment on your thread on a message board, don't hit post...LOL.

I typically expect for people to post content, not resort to personal attacks. So I ask you, did your comment add any content to this post as it relates to the topic? Anything else and it's way too personal...I hope you can appreciate my point of view. :)

Hopefully Ryan will take what Musgrave has taught and apply it to what the new guy teaches also and be all the better for it. Just my opinion.

So what position did Musgrave have prior to the promotion? I just find it rather odd to get a promotion with the opportunity to continue to develop/resurrect Ryan, Redman, JPW and grow with this franchise. A little continuity would do this franchise some good. Perhaps it was his goal to be here, with Ryan, for 3 years.

I don't think there is a correlation between a coach taking a promotion and him being dissatisfied with his QB, but that's just me.

yeah, i read this thread on my phone at work earlier, didn't see the one stating Musgrave was upgraded in Minny...thought maybe the coaching staff had fired him to find an alternative. wonder who we'll get to replace him...i was thinking a few months back it would be cool to have McDaniels take a major pay cut and become our QB coach. don't trust him with a team or an offense, but i'm sure he has some words of wisdom to get a QB playing to his highest potential in any system.