Is Haynesworth an option?

First off i dont like the guy at all and he is way overpaid, but if he's released(and hopefully humbled) he would be a great fit for us. Aside from Babs we still dont get constant pressure up the middle both Brees and Rodgers were able to step up in the pocket to way too often. So if available will Fat Albert be worth the risk?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious?????????????????

U mad?

What are you questioning....

Babs is nasty, and I think Peters can develop into a great player, IMO. We have way more glaring needs than DT right now...like.... DE

And if you are questioning my comment about his work ethic, then you don't pay attention to the sports world..

U mad?

What are you questioning....

Babs is nasty, and I think Peters can develop into a great player, IMO. We have way more glaring needs than DT right now...like.... DE

And if you are questioning my comment about his work ethic, then you don't pay attention to the sports world..

Not mad. Questioning why you think the front four we have now is solid. Hmmmmmmmmm......48-24.....tell me where is the solidness???? Teams are supposed to show up at playoff time.....Especially First seed 13-3 teams.

Falconsfever2006, I'm with you. It was brought a few times sunday on 790. Even though his name wasn't mentioned (Haynesworth)today, the guys that fill in for duraham and barnhardt were sayin how we need a monster DT. I said this before the season started. We already have Babs,Jerry and Peters. All these guys are the same size. We have no push up the middle.

I think Haynes worth would be GREAT in our system as a player... Our scheme is similar to the titans.... He would also be affordable.

The problem is.. no way TD touch him.

Yeah, I think people get caught up in the whole cancer thing a little too much. When Haynesworth is happy, you'd be hard pressed to find a better DT outside of Warren Sapp who is better, especially in the 4-3, but him being that way doesn't come often. I think if he does become available and he was signed for a team-friendly contract that he could get back to the pre-Redskins type of dominance that he displayed.

He'd be a tremendous player to have. He'd be our best DT. Probably our best defensive lineman too. And he's extremely explosive for his size, would be a perfect fit for us as someone who can collapse the pocket and terrorize the QB all day long and destroy the run game single-handedly. He's the type of defensive player that will win you games himself and will make any D better.

Edited by Rai

Nope because hes a head case, also a ME player with a bad attitude, and he can't even keep his weight right. Theres too many intangibles that are bad about him, why on the other hand. Babs, Peters and Jerry will be in their PRIME years, especailly for Babs and Jerry. And Jerry should be totally healthy. DTs is one thing were fine at. DEs on the other hand, we need help, Abe is fine and Bierman is fine, but hes a backup DE, hes not a starter, We need a starter like Kawika Mitchell who is tried of being a backup in New York. We really need 2 DEs, if Abe retires. Charles Johnsons stock has gone up in Carolina, hes a FA, had 13 sacks and is on a sh-tty team and coming here would be coming home. I would love us to take a run at him. ;)