so yall say d-rob did a "solid" job for us?

crankdatfalcon

ummm, where did i say d-rob was better than anyone in my first original post??? Dont laugh too hard when you have no idear what you are laughing about.

Awwwwww crank. Its all good. Happens to all of us. You did say we were all wrong about him being solid and then..well you know the rest.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He sure as **** wasn't solid on the TD pass from Rodgers to Jordy Nelson. Don't talk to me about pass rush either, a solid corner would have prevented the reception, much less the touchdown. I watched the replay last night and couldn't believe how easily he got beat.

do you understand what is 'zone' coverage?

Awwwwww crank. Its all good. Happens to all of us. You did say we were all wrong about him being solid and then..well you know the rest.

i swear some of you people read "certain words" and not the whole post. My question was DEFINE SOLID????? Where did i say yall was wrong about him being solid?? Tell me what solid is and ill tell you if you are wrong or not. lol, do we need to go back to elementary school and read the "whole" passage before commenting and trying to ask questions????

what a pitiful response if you would of read what the thread is all about.

You created another Thread about the same topic that was being discussed here, and failed to present anything beyond something that is extremely narrow sighted. So you got a very simplified response.

Now, if you want to talk football you could just come out and do that but you went the route of the stat line. Why?

i swear some of you people read "certain words" and not the whole post. My question was DEFINE SOLID????? Where did i say yall was wrong about him being solid?? Tell me what solid is and ill tell you if you are wrong or not. lol, do we need to go back to elementary school and read the "whole" passage before commenting and trying to ask questions????

Awwww don't do a gazoo. First sentence of your post " Stats wise ya'll are wrong and here's the stats to prove"

This is funny. I appreciate the laugh on this boring afternoon.

Crank how many TD's did Dunta let happen. How many did Houston let happen? Find that stat and I may be a believer

I agree. Which is the entire point:

Anyone that knows football knows Atlanta's problems on defense STARTS and STOPS with the pressure the front 4 generate.

Atlanta can not play 'shut down' corner while having to play off because the DBs have to cover for 5+ seconds. Which, as we all know, is an eternity.

You created another Thread about the same topic that was being discussed here, and failed to present anything beyond something that is extremely narrow sighted. So you got a very simplified response.

Now, if you want to talk football you could just come out and do that but you went the route of the stat line. Why?

because, still no one has explained why he is "solid". I posted his stats, and stats of others to see if thats why yall are calling him solid. Or is it something else??I dont know, tell me slimjim??? If stats are the reason why he is solid, then someone like courtland finnegan is a hall of famer corner. Not giving up too many big plays doesnt make you solid. Since we really dont play a man up defense, you dont really know who the long plays have been on because usually the #1 corner covers the #1 receiver and its based off that. But since d-rob covers his side of the field regardless, if someone gets behind him on his side of the field and makes a big play, the blame would fall on the safety and not the corner because we dont play man up.

Stat wise, yall are wrong and heres the research to prove:

D-rob- 55 tackles, 1 int.

Chris houston- 56 tackles, 1 forced fumble, and 1 int.

Courtland Finnegan- 100 tackles, 1 FF AND 2 int's

D-hall 95-tackles, 2 FF and 6 int's

So im trying to figure out, what is the definition of "solid" the way yall use it? Chris houston, stat wise had a better year, so where was the "upgrade"?? Im not sure who plays across from c-houston, but im sure he got picked on just as much as d-rob did. Not bashing d-rob, just trying to understand the solid word that is being thrown around when referring to him. Chris houston was "solid" so why didnt we save that money and spend it on pass rushers?? Maybe its just BVG's scheme like ive been thinking from the beginning if we are getting the same production. Even in 2009, c-houston's last year, he got at least 1 int, only playing in 12 games, but started 10 and had 39 tackles.

Shhhhh quoting CB stats (the simple stats) like that makes you look like a "highlights" nfl watcher.

link

Btw, Guess what corner was 2nd to Mike Jenkins' 994 yards yielded? PRO BOWLER DeAngelo Hall, gave up 965 yards

That one Jay Cutler game has everyone thinking D-Hall had a good season... Dude was getting burnt all year.

Its more then just those simple stats... You have to actually watch the games and judge the players.

If you look at our team... Our D and CB position (the guys on the island) is definitely better

because, still no one has explained why he is "solid". I posted his stats, and stats of others to see if thats why yall are calling him solid. Or is it something else??I dont know, tell me slimjim??? If stats are the reason why he is solid, then someone like courtland finnegan is a hall of famer corner. Not giving up too many big plays doesnt make you solid. Since we really dont play a man up defense, you dont really know who the long plays have been on because usually the #1 corner covers the #1 receiver and its based off that. But since d-rob covers his side of the field regardless, if someone gets behind him on his side of the field and makes a big play, the blame would fall on the safety and not the corner because we dont play man up.

So what I think you're saying is, you don't have a problem with robinson and its the coordinators fault because of our schemes? That if we changed schemes to play more man we could have used Houston just as effectively? Is that it?

Awwww don't do a gazoo. First sentence of your post " Stats wise ya'll are wrong and here's the stats to prove"

This is funny. I appreciate the laugh on this boring afternoon.

yes im sayin if stats tell whether a corner is "solid" or not then yes yall are wrong, so once again, no one is answering the original thread question...smh. you people are funny :lol::lol::lol:

So what I think you're saying is, you don't have a problem with robinson and its the coordinators fault because of our schemes? That if we changed schemes to play more man we could have used Houston just as effectively? Is that it?

if you take out the last part about houston, then id agree. Im not gonna say c-houston and d-rob are on the same level as far as skills are concerned, but it just depends on the scheme they are in. C-houston had his best year of his career i think in detriot his first year. (dont hold me to that until i look it up).

yes im sayin if stats tell whether a corner is "solid" or not then yes yall are wrong, so once again, no one is answering the original thread question...smh. you people are funny :lol::lol::lol:

LOL na man, thats whats so funny. Someone used your same logic. Except the players ( ASO and Revis) are considered to be the best. Everyone and their momma likes Revis and Aso. They had No picks and lower tackle numbers than everyone you posted.

I think its called irony.

I think you just answered your own question.

Dunta is solid, in the very least, because he does his job and plays well within the defense. Now, if you want a system with corners that can play man coverage, you must first get pressure consistently. We need more than just Abraham, which has been the overstatement of the past 3 years. Even JA had a chance to record 2 more sacks than he did vs the Packers.

Any coverage by a defense is nearly impossible when the QB can have 4-5+ seconds of time without any pressure.

Atlanta definitely has CB depth concerns, but primarily the defense needs better ends play out of the DL in generating a rush.

You are skipping me post

link

Your stats didnt say that

and yes you have a valid point, but d-hall has made some plays to make up for those yards kinda sorta and him a pro bowl corner. Ive said this many times, if d-rob gave up 20 tds a season, but got 10 ints that same year, or many passes defensed, he would be considered a pro bowl type corner. If you make plays to counter act the plays you give up, then cool.

and yes you have a valid point, but d-hall has made some plays to make up for those yards kinda sorta and him a pro bowl corner. Ive said this many times, if d-rob gave up 20 tds a season, but got 10 ints that same year, or many passes defensed, he would be considered a pro bowl type corner. If you make plays to counter act the plays you give up, then cool.

Dude... 4 of his ints was in 1 game... that means... He had 2 ints in 15 games and gave up s s*** load of yards.... the 2nd most of any CB. ... Thats not a fair trade

Thats why Jay Cutler said... Some of you wont understand but if i went against him tomorrow (d-hall) ... ill throw at him every time.... Its because dude cant tackle and gets beat... he has all the talent in the world but his ego is just in the way... I was a big time D-Hall fan... I still think he is a good CB but i would honestly take Robinson over him... No lie...

Ints are awesome... and i mean awesome... but they dot tell the whole story...

Chris houston- 56 tackles, 1 forced fumble, and 1 int.

Courtland Finnegan- 100 tackles, 1 FF AND 2 int's

D-hall 95-tackles, 2 FF and 6 int's

So im trying to figure out, what is the definition of "solid" the way yall use it? Chris houston, stat wise had a better year, so where was the "upgrade"?? Im not sure who plays across from c-houston, but im sure he got picked on just as much as d-rob did. Not bashing d-rob, just trying to understand the solid word that is being thrown around when referring to him. Chris houston was "solid" so why didnt we save that money and spend it on pass rushers?? Maybe its just BVG's scheme like ive been thinking from the beginning if we are getting the same production. Even in 2009, c-houston's last year, he got at least 1 int, only playing in 12 games, but started 10 and had 39 tackles.

If you don't understand that INT stats (or stats in general) are a very poor way to judge how a CB played, there may not be much hope in this thread.

Let's take a look at some more random CB's

Darrell Revis - 32 tackles, 0 INTs, 0 FF's

Nnamdi Asomugha - 19 tackles, 0 INTs, 0 FFs

These 2 guys must really suck, not sure why they even have NFL jobs. :rolleyes:

Chris houston- 56 tackles, 1 forced fumble, and 1 int. Better Pass Rush

Courtland Finnegan- 100 tackles, 1 FF AND 2 int's Better Pash Rush

D-hall 95-tackles, 2 FF and 6 int's Better Pass Rush.. also gets beaten a lot but does ball hawk

D-rob

50/81 (62%) for 546 yards (10.9 average), 213 of them were YAC, 4 TDs, 1 INT and 4 PD. 5 Missed tackles and 12 stuffs.

Chris Houston

51/85 (60%) for 542 yards (10.6 average), 150 of them were YAC, 3 TDs, 1 INT and 9 PD. 6 Missed tackles and 10 stuffs.

Cortland Finnegan

70/105 (66.7%) for 794 yards (11.3 average), 310 of them were YAC, 5 TDs, 2 INT and 7 PD. 11 Missed tackles and 23 stuffs.

D-hall

73/99 (73.7%) for 965 yards (13.2 average), 418 of them were YAC, 8 TDs, 6 INT and 8 PD. 8 Missed tackles, 35 stuffs.

Edited by Rai