Tony G back for another year?

Ake Man

I thought this would garner more attention, but I follow Tony on twitter, and he tweeted this the day after the loss..

TonyGonzalez88 Tony Gonzalez

Just want to say thanks to all the fans for all the support this year! If u thought this year was fun wait till next season!

Sounds like he's coming back

Sounds like he knows what TD has up his sleeve for this offseason...

O and another lady tweeted that he is coming back for sure (he is one of her clients) I am looking for it now

Atlanta Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez will return for his 15th season, according to a tweet sent by Denise White. White is the CEO and founder of a sports management company that features Gonzalez on its client list. White:

As I ride with @TonyGonzalez88 to the Hawks game right now in Atlanta, I can assure you he will not be retiring this year.

Link

Yea it may not be from Tony G but after hearing him say that and the lady tweet this, I think Tony is coming back. He even said he can play another 2-3 years, it is just that TC is so awful.

Edited by vel

I think he'll be back -- if for no other reason than his contract has one year left on it and he's that kind of guy (read: honors his contracts - a man of his word). If he was busted up, or in to bad of shape to play (aka lost too many steps to compete) that would be different... but the man still has game in him.

Maybe if we start using him the way he is meant to be used, we can finally get some real game changing plays out of him. He has been great lined up at wide, I think his best game was again New Orleans week 3 of the 2010 season. Why can't we use him like that?

Exactly. He wouldn't come back unless he KNEW that we are going to make the defense and offense "explosive"(TD's words). He's probably already had the talk with TD weeks or months ago about the offseason plans to make this team better...

I'm excited for this offseason.

Like i said before, in this system he has to compete with Roddy and Jenkins for running space. They all are playing TE. All the routes are short for all the recievers in ATL. Randy Moss nor T.O. would be successful here. Who wants to catch 10 passes for 75 yds.

O and another lady tweeted that he is coming back for sure (he is one of her clients) I am looking for it now

Atlanta Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez will return for his 15th season, according to a tweet sent by Denise White. White is the CEO and founder of a sports management company that features Gonzalez on its client list. White:

As I ride with @TonyGonzalez88 to the Hawks game right now in Atlanta, I can assure you he will not be retiring this year.

Link

Yea it may not be from Tony G but after hearing him say that and the lady tweet this, I think Tony is coming back. He even said he can play another 2-3 years, it is just that TC is so awful.

For what it's worth he barely participates in TC. He's on the field but he doesn't really go through the hard drills.