Biggest Need, Franchise LT

rudy

Eh, IDK about biggest need. It'd be nice to have one, but Baker isn't HORRIBLE, he's not special either. He's just average. We could use some depth, I wouldn't mind grabbing an OT in the draft, but I think we really need a playmaker on either offense or defense before we considering upgrading a LT who isn't completely useless.

Yea I thought our biggest need is a DE then a speedy WR. But I posted that link because Yasinka is the ESPN write for the NFC south and he think it's an LT. Interesting!!!!

Not saying that he's right but he isn't really far off either.

This would be true if all the ones in the market weren't locked up and not going anywhere. This is like being a basketball fan and saying we need an elite center and Orlando not trading Dwight Howard. In other words, we are stuck with Baker.

I agree, we're stuck with him for now. But that wasn't our biggest concern during the game. We have to adress our pass rush and our WR corps.

honestly if we could plug a few holes with free agency and add depth through the draft I think we are right there at the cusp of a top 5 team.

Is there anyone more knowledgeable than me on free agency about the chance we have of getting Vincent Jackson or even Larry Fitzgerald? obviously id rather get Fitz but Jackson would be more likely and also a fantastic player.

I know he has off the field issues but TD can get over it and allow him to play because it does not seem that his off the field issues affect his play.

I would do unspeakable things to get either of these players through FA. so what are our chances?

honestly if we could plug a few holes with free agency and add depth through the draft I think we are right there at the cusp of a top 5 team.

Is there anyone more knowledgeable than me on free agency about the chance we have of getting Vincent Jackson or even Larry Fitzgerald? obviously id rather get Fitz but Jackson would be more likely and also a fantastic player.

I know he has off the field issues but TD can get over it and allow him to play because it does not seem that his off the field issues affect his play.

I would do unspeakable things to get either of these players through FA. so what are our chances?

I like Fitz but I think he's more of a physical WR. We need more of a speedy WR that can stretch the defense like Jackson but... lawdy...he's not a Falcons type player.

I like Fitz but I think he's more of a physical WR. We need more of a speedy WR that can stretch the defense like Jackson but... lawdy...he's not a Falcons type player.

I have to say I disagree COMPLETELY with what you said. Much like Turner, DJax is a one trick pony. There are 2 receivers in the league who DOMINATE that position (outside of Andre Johnson). Much like Andre, they dont have 4.2 speed, but if you throw a ball up any where on the field...THEY ARE COMMING DOWN WITH IT!!! That beats raw speed any day..and to me thats all DJax has...anyway those 2 players are Fitz and VJax...we can play the time of possession game w/ them, or jus toss it up deep. As a falcons fan you should know this..think Arizonas first TD against us in WILD CARD 08...Leaping about 5 feet over 2 of our defenders..DJax will never dream of doing that!

OLT is a position you would like to upgrade

DE is a position you have to upgrade and get younger.

WR is a position you have to upgrade the talent and speed.

TE is a position you have to upgrade and get younger.

OLT will be easy to get good value at #27, WR/TE slightly less so. Good value at DE will be much harder to find late in the first.

I'll say its our biggest draft need..answer..Anthony Castanzo..Matt Ryans left tackle during his Heismann campaign..Look him up!!

Yea but would have to move way up to get him, he prolly the second OT taken off the board ........Carimi might be there when we pick, but most think he can't handle NFL speed rushers at the next level, that he would project to a mauling second level type RT in the NFL, kind of a Clabo clone ......we won't find a LT in the draft ....FA still way up in the air with CBA issue....we are stuck with Baker right now .....with our #1 pick, we should go with BPA at a position of need ...I would love to get the Purdue DE in the second, and maybe Noel Devine with our third ....# 1 we should go BPA at POS of need ...