Blalock

Snelling

FA Pickups:

Charles Johnson / DE / 4 Years 24 Million

Michael Bush / RB / 3 Years 12 Million

Draft:

Round 1: Trade our first and Micahel Turner to move up into the teens

- Robert Quinn / DE / UNC

- Best 4-3 pass rusher in the draft falls because of his suspension and because many teams in need of DLine with top picks have a 3-4. I dont think hes suited as a 3-4 pass rusher. Look what happened to Orakpo two years ago. Hybrids always fall on draft day. I dont think that TD will have a problem with his suspension because it wasn't a big character issue.

- My link

- Obviously not a safe pick but a changeup from making another mock with the falcons taking Aldon Smith in the late first.

Round 2:

- Jerrel Jernigan / WR / Troy

- Adds more explosion to offense and adds youth to recieving corps.

- a safe pick who is all over mocks in this forum but is the only guy with a legitame combo of athleticism and skills.

-

Round 3:

- DJ Williams / TE / Arkansas

- TG has maybe one more year if that so getting a good tight end is important. I like Williams more than Rudolph as a down field threat. Has the ability to lign up in the slot or as an H-Back. Another Weapon for Matt Ryan.

-

Round 4:

- Mason Foster / OLB / Washington

- additional depth at OLB with Peterson leaving. Can be the first LBer off the Bench at all three spots.

Round 5:

- Lee Ziemba / OT/OG / Auburn

- Another good versatile linemen to go along with Johnson, Hawley, and Reynolds.

I think this off-season adresses the two biggest needs the falcons have: Bolstering the D-line and adding explosion to the offense. Johnson and Quinn would immediatley help the pass rush and Jernigan and WIlliams are two more targets for Matt Ryan. I know the quinn pick and turner trade is a little risky but if it paid off i think it would be a great move for the team. I think Bush and Snelling would do alright at RB for a year and it would help transition are offense into a faster, more passing attack style that Matt Ryan needs to excel. Thoughts, Comments, Concerns...?

I like the draft picks, but trading away Michael Turner would be really stupid.

If we were going to trade a RB it would be Jason Snelling. He's got more value than you think he does. I don't see the point in compromising the bases that our whole team is built around to grab a guy who did not even play this season and he's got some questionable character concerns. I'd rather package our 1st and 2nd and grab Ryan Kerrigan.

i know everyone will bash trading turner because the offense revolves around him, but i dont think thats a good formula for sucsess. The falcons exceled in running the no huddle out of shotgun this season and I think that can be the bases in witch the offense is run with more weapons around Ryan and a defense that can keep our offense on the field by getting after the other teams quarterback with a solid pass rush. there are too many good veteran personalities on the team to let Quinns so called character problems get in the way.

i know everyone will bash trading turner because the offense revolves around him, but i dont think thats a good formula for sucsess. The falcons exceled in running the no huddle out of shotgun this season and I think that can be the bases in witch the offense is run with more weapons around Ryan and a defense that can keep our offense on the field by getting after the other teams quarterback with a solid pass rush. there are too many good veteran personalities on the team to let Quinns so called character problems get in the way.

Yeah, the no-huddle out performed Turner in like 3 games. Michael Turner has been the reason that we have been able to turn this franchise around. It is completely stupid to trade him. He's a top 5 RB in this league, how many other teams can say they have that?

Look at Indy and New Orleans this past season, both great passing teams, but they got killed with a lack of a running game. We ought to be happy that we are lucky enough to have one. There is no reason to trade Turner at all. We can trade a 1st and 2nd a grab Ryan Kerrigan, which would be much better and we wouldn't lose Turner.

I understand where your coming from on the top five RB thing but I dont think turner is that special of a runner. He doesnt awe me with Amazing vision or athleticism. I think hes a good fit for Mularkey and a style that requires a great defense like the steelers. To me, turner has great stats because of the amount of carries he gets and his ability to wear down defenses. Backs like that have a short span of being elite and i think turners days of pro bwl running are just about over. Having said that, im all for trading picks in order to move up and get a more elite DE. I havent looked into Kerrigan to know if hes worth a trade up. Is he as talented as Quinn without the speculated character issues?

I understand where your coming from on the top five RB thing but I dont think turner is that special of a runner. He doesnt awe me with Amazing vision or athleticism. I think hes a good fit for Mularkey and a style that requires a great defense like the steelers. To me, turner has great stats because of the amount of carries he gets and his ability to wear down defenses. Backs like that have a short span of being elite and i think turners days of pro bwl running are just about over. Having said that, im all for trading picks in order to move up and get a more elite DE. I havent looked into Kerrigan to know if hes worth a trade up. Is he as talented as Quinn without the speculated character issues?

Well, I'm not going to get into an argument about whose opinion on Michael Turner is better, but I am going to say that I disagree with entirely everything that you just said about him.

With that said... Ryan Kerrigan is a great DE that could be had right around pick 20 rather that pick 10. He's a great athlete, he's got nice size, nice speed, nice moves, and a very nice motor. He's also got zero character flaws and he just strikes me as a guy I think our staff will really look into.

I actually appreciate the out of the box trade of Turner--i'm not adverse to trading a player who could be going into decline while he has value. Pats have done that for years. But when you speak of getting more explosive, you neglect to add that speed element to the backfield. Bush is a plodder and pounder--and not as proven as turner. Snelling is not the answer. He's a tweener FB/RB that is useful--but lacks explosiveness. Now if we were signing a DeAngelo Williams, this scenario would work. But, again, he's coming off of an injury reserve season.

Well, I'm not going to get into an argument about whose opinion on Michael Turner is better, but I am going to say that I disagree with entirely everything that you just said about him.

With that said... Ryan Kerrigan is a great DE that could be had right around pick 20 rather that pick 10. He's a great athlete, he's got nice size, nice speed, nice moves, and a very nice motor. He's also got zero character flaws and he just strikes me as a guy I think our staff will really look into.

Agreed on Kerrigan. I think if he makes it to the 20's we will be interested in trading up. He may fall to 27 if he has a bad combine.

Not a big fan of Quinn. He got most of his stats against the bad teams but was then completely shutout against the better lineman. Have a feeling he's going to bust hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqJrjwjf55c

this is a video of him versus Anthony Castonzo of BC. Its not really a highlight tape of Quinn, but it gives a good gauge of how he plays against good OLinemen. I see a lot of John Abraham in him as he goes outside more often then not and tries to time the snap count.

Master...it seems that we agree to disagree on Turner but it looks like were both in favor of moving up in the first to get a higher level DE talent if we go the route of drafting a DE in the first.