Beginning of the End?

GreenFire

Thanks. That is exactly how I feel, and all of our key players are getting up there in age. Not to say that can't come out and perform next season, but who do we have to fill ANY roles? If Roddy ever went down completely, say goodbye to the offense completely. We all know Turner gets shut down against good teams. It is a fact. He was pretty good against Green Bay in the first outing but a lot of that was shoddy tackling.

The same goes for the defense. We have one great player, who will be 33 next season, and two young good players. Spoon still has the ability to break out, he had a solid rookie campaign even if it was marred with injury. But how can anyone feel comfortable with Chris Owens, DeCoud, Biermann, and Jerry as guys just waiting to break out? Lets still give Jerry time, it takes longer for DTs to develop, but the others...I just don't have confidence.

There is much work to be done on the offensive and defensive side of the ball before we make our way into the Super Bowl. I don't think the fans are happy with winning seasons anymore. It's time to get to the ship, and hopefully this draft and FA period will make us all happy fans, because there needs to be some serious upgrades if any of this is to ever happen.

THE SKY IS FALLING...THE SKY IS FALLING

We lost to the Packers and there is no way, anyone can ever replace a veteran player, once he is old. There are no FA's we can get to help the offense or defense, and we are Doomed...DOOMED I TELL YOU

/sarcasm off

Listen, having objective discussion is one thing, but you want it all now. It sucks we lost the game, but you're being reactionary and proclaiming defeat before the off-season has officially gotten kicked off. We have FA to go through, then the Draft, the second FA period. The world has not ended due to one loss. You should look into getting a dog, because you sound scared man. And I would say losing 4 games at home in three years, and going 6-2 this year at the dome still lends to some of the mystique, but you guys keep proclaiming defeat before the battle has begun. You'll be the same ones here when we go to the playoffs next year, hopping right back on the bandwagon.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only been 3 years and we've made tons of strides.

Don't discredit 13-3, that's stupid. Sure we'd love to have a playoff win, but that will come in time.

Why so panic? Let the Mike and TD do their jobs, they'll be just fine.

Losses hurt, but losers will continue to lose. We have winners on our team. It's just not our time yet.

Besides, at least we didn't lose to Seattle.

THE SKY IS FALLING...THE SKY IS FALLING

We lost to the Packers and there is no way, anyone can ever replace a veteran player, once he is old. There are no FA's we can get to help the offense or defense, and we are Doomed...DOOMED I TELL YOU

/sarcasm off

Listen, having objective discussion is one thing, but you want it all now. It sucks we lost the game, but you're being reactionary and proclaiming defeat before the off-season has officially gotten kicked off. We have FA to go through, then the Draft, the second FA period. The world has not ended due to one loss. You should look into getting a dog, because you sound scared man. And I would say losing 4 games at home in three years, and going 6-2 this year at the dome still lends to some of the mystique, but you guys keep proclaiming defeat before the battle has begun. You'll be the same ones here when we go to the playoffs next year, hopping right back on the bandwagon.

Implying in any fashion that I am jumping off the bandwagon. I love the Falcons, watching football is my favorite hobby and football does not taste right if it isn't Falcons football. But ****, I felt better after last year and 08 about the roster than this. In a lot of my posts I have said "I hope we have an awesome FA period and draft, because WE NEED IT." I sound "scared," but there is no reason to be scared over a game, and I'm not. I'm just saying, looking at this team, it does not appear Super. The roster is lopsided in that the key players are in a position to win now but we do not have a solid core around them.

Well here is my take on it. Look at teams like Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Philly, etc. For the most part they are consistently good year in and year out. They have built a good foundation over many years so it is easier for them to replace aging players. The Falcons have NEVER had a solid foundation. They are building that now with Ryan and all of the young guys from the draft. So yes Gonzo, Turner, White, Abraham, etc are aging and it will hurt when we lose one of them. However, once these draft picks start panning out and we continue to build from the draft we will eventually build up a solid foundation much like the other teams mentioned. Then it wont be such a big deal to lose a Roddy White because we will have someone waiting in the wings to take his place - AND we will have that solid foundation that can take that hit and still succeed. Maybe I'm wrong but that is just my opinion. You can only spend so much in FA. We aren't exactly the New York Yankees of football. I'm all for building through the draft and getting young players that will be around for the long haul. Now if we can pick up a few superstars here and there in FA then obviously I'm all for that too. But I think the foundation is the important part which is built by properly drafting so that when that next superstar hits the league he is on your team because you drafted him.