18th of January - make a stand for NFL Football in 2011

I got this email from Kevin Mawae - the president of the NFL Players Association. Don't ask me for a link - it came in my email. However, please read it and do your part to be heard regarding a lock out next year!

Dear NFL Fan:

First off, the players of the National Football League and I want to thank you for doing your part as a fan and signing the Petition to help us Block the NFL Lockout. As you know, the NFL and team owners have planned to impose a lockout of players and fans following the expiration of the CBA on March 3, 2011.

I want to make you aware of a very important online movement happening Tuesday, January 18th that we want you to be a part of. NFL players across the league and fans are participating in a #LETUSPLAY Day, and we want YOU to join us. It will be an opportunity for you to team up with players as we stand together to help prevent the NFL Lockout. Here’s how you can help:

· Tell EVERYONE you can about www.NFLLockout.com and how they can sign the Petition to Block the Lockout

· Donate your Facebook status by posting: “Today is LET US PLAY Day. Help NFL Players and Fans Block the Lockout. Visit NFLLockout.com and sign the Petition.”

· Tweet the following: “Today is #LETUSPLAY Day. Help #NFL Players & Fans #BlocktheLockout. Visit NFLLockout.com and sign the Petition.”

· You can participate in a #LETUSPLAY Chat with me and other players on Facebook and Twitter that day. We will also be responding to fan questions on Ustream and our YouTube page.

In addition, please be sure to follow these social media profiles:

Twitter

Twitter.com/NFLLockout

Twitter.com/NFLPA

Twitter.com/DeSmithNFLPA

Twitter.com/GeorgeAtallah

Facebook

Facebook.com/NFLLockout

Facebook.com/NFLPA

NFL Players Association

www.NFLPlayers.com

www.NFLLockout.com

Thanks so much for your support and here’s to blocking the NFL Lockout and having NFL games to watch in 2011.

Sincerely,

Kevin Mawae

NFLPA President

Icon+wordmark.png

NFLPLAYERS.COM

1.gif

As much as i want football, i can't sign that. I've been reading about what is going on alot and this is to try and help the players association sue the NFL and get the government involved to help them negotiate the new CBA.

I'm all for football, but i can't sign onto an attempt to use government lawmakers to help the players negotiate for more money.

The more fans they have sign this, will allow them to attempt to leverage the courts and have the players and teams unanimously "decertify" which would prevent the owners from locking out the upcoming season. sounds good, right????? Except now the league, CBA, and the very ins and outs of free agency will then be up to the government to decide, not the NFL and NFLPA to negotiate.

The NFLPA is attempting to sue the NFL on anti-trust laws claiming each team is it's own entity. The League is stating that the 32 independent entities operate together to form one overiding entity known as the NFL (this is how all nfl gear is reebok, and/or league wide sponsorship can take place. It also deals with a teams property(players) and when they are and are not available to independently shop their services for the best price(free agency).

I want them to come to an agreement without the use of Big Brother government deciding the free agency rules and terms by which each side must agree too. If it means a lock out to keep the government out of my beloved game, then so be it.

I got this email from Kevin Mawae - the president of the NFL Players Association. Don't ask me for a link - it came in my email. However, please read it and do your part to be heard regarding a lock out next year!

Dear NFL Fan:

First off, the players of the National Football League and I want to thank you for doing your part as a fan and signing the Petition to help us Block the NFL Lockout. As you know, the NFL and team owners have planned to impose a lockout of players and fans following the expiration of the CBA on March 3, 2011.

I want to make you aware of a very important online movement happening Tuesday, January 18th that we want you to be a part of. NFL players across the league and fans are participating in a #LETUSPLAY Day, and we want YOU to join us. It will be an opportunity for you to team up with players as we stand together to help prevent the NFL Lockout. Here's how you can help:

· Tell EVERYONE you can about www.NFLLockout.com and how they can sign the Petition to Block the Lockout

· Donate your Facebook status by posting: "Today is LET US PLAY Day. Help NFL Players and Fans Block the Lockout. Visit NFLLockout.com and sign the Petition."

· Tweet the following: "Today is #LETUSPLAY Day. Help #NFL Players & Fans #BlocktheLockout. Visit NFLLockout.com and sign the Petition."

· You can participate in a #LETUSPLAY Chat with me and other players on Facebook and Twitter that day. We will also be responding to fan questions on Ustream and our YouTube page.

In addition, please be sure to follow these social media profiles:

Twitter

Twitter.com/NFLLockout

Twitter.com/NFLPA

Twitter.com/DeSmithNFLPA

Twitter.com/GeorgeAtallah

Facebook

Facebook.com/NFLLockout

Facebook.com/NFLPA

NFL Players Association

www.NFLPlayers.com

www.NFLLockout.com

Thanks so much for your support and here's to blocking the NFL Lockout and having NFL games to watch in 2011.

Sincerely,

Kevin Mawae

NFLPA President

Icon+wordmark.png

NFLPLAYERS.COM

1.gif

As i vividly remember I see you have Ryan pics all over your house in your sig, But you never had Vick paintings in your house when Vick was our QB EVEN though He ACTUALLY WON 2WICE IN THE PLAYOFFS AND GOT US TO THE NFC GAME HIS FIRST 3 SEASONS as our starter. UNLIKE RYAN WHO Failed twice in his 3 seasons to win ONE AND Ryan HAS A BETTER COACH, OFFENSIVE LINE, AND MORE WEAPONS THAN VICK DID. I just find that odd. I just find that real odd Tandy.

As i vividly remember I see you have Ryan pics all over your house in your sig, But you never had Vick paintings in your house when Vick was our QB EVEN though He ACTUALLY WON 2WICE IN THE PLAYOFFS AND GOT US TO THE NFC GAME HIS FIRST 3 SEASONS as our starter. UNLIKE RYAN WHO Failed twice in his 3 seasons to win ONE AND Ryan HAS A BETTER COACH, OFFENSIVE LINE, AND MORE WEAPONS THAN VICK DID. I just find that odd. I just find that real odd Tandy.

Dude really?

First off, I vividly remember a hilarious story that I am 99.9% sure was Tandy's about some house guests of hers that involved a broken air mattress and a Vick Fathead. So your rant isn't even correct.

But, more importantly, it just kills you that people support Ryan, doesn't it? And that nothing you say can change that. You can ramble all you want, and plenty of people on this board will continue to believe that Ryan is the better player and the better person. Nothing. You. Can. Do. About. It. I love it. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by BCEagleATLFalcon

You should just learn to speak of things you know and quit.

I have 3 Vick jerseys of my own - plus 4 that I purchased for my granddaughters. I have a Vick bobblehead, Vick Fathead - still have one in my office. I have a Vick plaque that I paid over $300 for. I have more Vick memorabilia packed away than you probably have hanging all over your house. When he was a Falcon - I supported him wildly.

However, I ain't putting no Eagles in my house - now or ever.

So - you need to know WTH you are talking about or just STFU!

Everyone is not going to go around and idol-worship your hero now. Eagles fans might and former Falcon - now Eagle fans might. I however, am a Falcon fan FIRST and foremost.

Troy P. is my favorite NFL player - but I don't have one spec of him in my Falcon room either.

Now, just stop it - because you are starting to get on my nerves. So, just go away and STFU! I've had it with the stalking.

I have 3 Vick jerseys of my own - plus 4 that I purchased for my granddaughters. I have a Vick bobblehead, Vick Fathead - still have one in my office. I have a Vick plaque that I paid over $300 for. I have more Vick memorabilia packed away than you probably have hanging all over your house. When he was a Falcon - I supported him wildly.

Everyone is not going to go around and idol-worship your hero now. Eagles fans might and former Falcon - now Eagle fans might. I however, am a Falcon fan FIRST and foremost.

Troy P. is my favorite NFL player - but I don't have one spec of him in my Falcon room either.

Now, just stop it - because you are starting to get on my nerves. So, just go away and STFU! I've had it with the stalking.

Greatest post I've ever seen!

This guy is not a Falcons fan, far from it.

First off, I vividly remember a hilarious story that I am 99.9% sure was Tandy's about some house guests of hers that involved a broken air mattress and a Vick Fathead. So your rant isn't even correct.

But, more importantly, it just kills you that people support Ryan, doesn't it? And that nothing you say can change that. You can ramble all you want, and plenty of people on this board will continue to believe that Ryan is the better player and the better person. Nothing. You. Can. Do. About. It. I love it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I used to have the Vick fathead up in the TV room - it was huge - and my girlfriend - who is a Giants fan came down with her husband to attend one of the Giants vs. Falcons games (back in '06 I think).

Anyway - she got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and ran into Vick staring her in the face - she screamed - and promptly jumped onto the air mattress with her husband and busted it. BOOOM!

It was crazy!

Yes, I used to have the Vick fathead up in the TV room - it was huge - and my girlfriend - who is a Giants fan came down with her husband to attend one of the Giants vs. Falcons games (back in '06 I think).

Anyway - she got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and ran into Vick staring her in the face - she screamed - and promptly jumped onto the air mattress with her husband and busted it. BOOOM!

It was crazy!

:P I thought it was you who told us that story. Too funny.

You really don't have to justify yourself...to him or anyone else that come here talking trash. I'm beginning to think dude has some mental issues.

Go stick your in in a tornado. (Brainstorm)

It was crazy!

Yo Boy Ryan sucks and wont ever win a SB . So keep dreaming . You all can sob and cry all you want, but until we get Kelvin Kolb. WE WILL CONTINUE TO BE ONE AND DONE IN THE PLAYOFFS. LOL@ all of you who actually thought we would beat Greenbay in the playoffs. This team has been overrated all season. We beat the Pack when they had a ton of injuries and no run game.

Ryan got exposed! He wont ever win a superbowl. Matter a fact Vick will win 2 rings before Ryan even wins ONE playoff game. Wanna make a Bet? Vick did more in his first 3 seasons as our starter than that weak. noodle armed Bum, Matt Ryan. Yet you all brag about 3 winning seasons. Heck Vick in his first 3 seasons won 2 play off games and almost got us to the superbowl without studying.

CHILD PLEASE, MATT RYAN AINT NO FUTURE! KEVIN KOLB BETTER BE. IF KEVIN KOLB IS NOT AN FALCON BY NEXT SEASON. I WILL NO LONGER BE A FAN OF THIS TEAM. MATT RYAN FOOLED YOU ALL , HE CANT THROW THE DEEP BALL. Only thing he can do is checkdown, throw to the sidelines, or a half decent slant. He is a limited QB, thats why MM aint opened up the playbook more. Because he knows Ryan sucks!

Edited by atlhomey

CHILD PLEASE, MATT RYAN AINT NO FUTURE! KEVIN KOLB BETTER BE. IF KEVIN KOLB IS NOT AN FALCON BY NEXT SEASON. I WILL NO LONGER BE A FAN OF THIS TEAM. MATT RYAN FOOLED YOU ALL , HE CANT THROW THE DEEP BALL. Only thing he can do is checkdown, throw to the sidelines, or a half decent slant. He is a limited QB, thats why MM aint opened up the playbook more. Because he knows Ryan sucks!

I think you already are not a fan of this team. You're just a d bag that's finding it humorous to come on here and make people mad. Man, I bet so many people wish they could be like you...

Edited by JD dirtybird21

Yo Boy Ryan sucks and wont ever win a SB . So keep dreaming . You all can sob and cry all you want, but until we get Kelvin Kolb. WE WILL CONTINUE TO BE ONE AND DONE IN THE PLAYOFFS. LOL@ all of you who actually thought we would beat Greenbay in the playoffs. This team has been overrated all season. We beat the Pack when they had a ton of injuries and no run game.

Ryan got exposed! He wont ever win a superbowl. Matter a fact Vick will win 2 rings before Ryan even wins ONE playoff game. Wanna make a Bet? Vick did more in his first 3 seasons as our starter than that weak. noodle armed Bum, Matt Ryan. Yet you all brag about 3 winning seasons. Heck Vick in his first 3 seasons won 2 play off games and almost got us to the superbowl without studying.

Reported and ignored.