Cancer patient defends Rodgers

I know it's not Falcons related, but since the " Rodgers is a terrible human" thread was left here, I figured I would put this here so those oh so perfect people who help every needy person they ever cross paths with could read this.

This is the lady he " snubbed" and she doesn't feel snubbed at all, as a matter of fact Rodgers has signed quite a few items for her in the past and she thinks the people being jerks about it are the ones making a big deal out of it. You know who you are.

I figure she has more to say about it than anyone.

Celebrities and athletes can not possibly be "on" 24/7 every waking moment with every single person they come in contact with.

Waste of effort riding his a$$ on this one. After all, I read an article that he and Matt Ryan are close friends. Matty wouldn't roll with a jerk. Any dude ok by Matty Ice is ok by me. Right? Am I right?

If she doesn't feel like she got snubbed then more power to her. But in the first video there is not the slightest suggestion that she had ever gotten his signature. It appears as if she had went to the airport to wish Green Bay good luck and to get Aaron Rodgers to sign the hat that she wears all the time. Anybody with any heart and soul would feel that it was wrong with what Aaron Rodgers did to her in the video, so I don't see why it's okay to call the people that thought it wasn't right jerks. What other kind of reaction would you expect from people?

Celebrities and athletes can not possibly be "on" 24/7 every waking moment with every single person they come in contact with.

Waste of effort riding his a$$ on this one. After all, I read an article that he and Matt Ryan are close friends. Matty wouldn't roll with a jerk. Any dude ok by Matty Ice is ok by me. Right? Am I right?

my point all along has been that NO one here has never passed right by someone they knew and didn't even see them. We have all done that. But all the perfect people on here saw fit to say what a terrible person he was, and now this clears it up. And it also points out that he has signed a few things for her before, so maybe he did see her and just assumed she wanted someone else's sig since she had his already.the exact opposite of arrogant.

If she doesn't feel like she got snubbed then more power to her. But in the first video there is not the slightest suggestion that she had ever gotten his signature. It appears as if she had went to the airport to wish Green Bay good luck and to get Aaron Rodgers to sign the hat that she wears all the time. Anybody with any heart and soul would feel that it was wrong with what Aaron Rodgers did to her in the video, so I don't see why it's okay to call the people that thought it wasn't right jerks. What other kind of reaction would you expect from people?

Maybe the reaction of " well, I don't know Aaron Rodgers and should not judge him from a 2 second video clip" ? Is that expecting too much?Really?

Maybe the reaction of " well, I don't know Aaron Rodgers and should not judge him from a 2 second video clip" ? Is that expecting too much?Really?

When you're in the public eye, you are going to get judged for anything that you do. I know nobody knows the whole story, but judging is what people do best. I mean, that's what first impressions and job interviews are all about. People may not know you, but they're going to judge you right when they see you and dictate whether or not they want to associate with you.

All I'm saying is, people may not know the whole story, but when you see a clip of a QB blatantly ignoring fans who came to wish him off at the airport for a playoff game, you're going to get criticism, especially if one happens to be a cancer patient and moments before the incident she was talking about how she had hoped he would sign her hat. We can try to pretend like we're not human and we follow strict politically correct guidelines, but let's be real for a moment. There is nothing wrong with anyone watching the initial video and having a negative reaction to it.

Edited by Master Exploder

Now that I see the full video, the initial reaction was even more rediculous.

In the first video, they edited it to make it look like that woman was the only person there waiting for an autograph, so they made it look like Aaron Rodgers had personally spurned this lady.

In this video, you can see that there are dozens of people there waiting for autographs. Rodgers simply decided that it wasn't a time he felt like signing autographs, he didn't specifically spurn this one lady.

Florio and other people who made a big deal about that story should be embarrassed.

Day in, day out, 365 days per year waiting and watching for a glimpse of Aaron Rodgers on teevee, living and dying with the Green Bay Packers for the past 45 years, you'd be hard-pressed to find a nicer, friendlier, classier guy than Aaron Rodgers. Three years he held the clipboard while Brett Favre threw away our playoff hopes with interceptions (in his declining years). No whining. No whimpering. Watching. Learning. You guys saw the results last Saturday.

You might cut Matt Ryan some slack too.

Can't see why you need to gather a lynch-mob after a 14-3 season.

Seriously.

None of my business, I know.

When you're in the public eye, you are going to get judged for anything that you do. I know nobody knows the whole story, but judging is what people do best. I mean, that's what first impressions and job interviews are all about. People may not know you, but they're going to judge you right when they see you and dictate whether or not they want to associate with you.

All I'm saying is, people may not know the whole story, but when you see a clip of a QB blatantly ignoring fans who came to wish him off at the airport for a playoff game, you're going to get criticism, especially if one happens to be a cancer patient and moments before the incident she was talking about how she had hoped he would sign her hat. We can try to pretend like we're not human and we follow strict politically correct guidelines, but let's be real for a moment. There is nothing wrong with anyone watching the initial video and having a negative reaction to it.

yea you do get judged, but it doesn't make the judgements right. You can give 10 million to charity and people will wonder why it wasn't 12 million to a different charity.

When I looked at the clip I didn't see a guy blatantly ignoring a fan. I saw a guy walking through an airport and a lady standing there. There is a lot wrong with peoples initial reaction when it turns out it was completely wrong.I wonder if Florio will apologize? He POSTED the vid without knowing the facts.

I will give you an example of my own foolishness concerning being so judgemental and why I react strongly to this. I was in line at a comic convention trying to get Michael Turners sig. The comic artist, not the Falcons rb. I waited and waited. Dude got up from his table and left. I huffed and waited some more. He got up and left again. I was so angry and started thinking "this guy think's he is such a frigging rock star" Well, I found out later that he had to keep getting up to go stretch because he had bone cancer ( that would eventually kill him in 2008)when I found out, I felt like a complete SOB and indeed, was.

Now, you tell me, was I right to judge him for getting up and leaving all of us fans waiting and leaving some with no sig at all? after all, looking at the circumstances without knowing the whole story, he was acting like a rock star. And the line doesn't matter, because these guys come to the cons for the very purpose of signing books and have set times for the lines to form.

So I am saying, learn from my bonehead self. don't use a moment to judge a life time.