when did you decide to "RISE UP"....

the stadium was so loud, especially on the fumble recovery by grimes, the touchdown run by turner and kickoff return by weems. i almost fainted from lack of oxygen to the brain yelling at aaron rodgers the whole time he was on offense.

on that note, we got up and left on the first down conversion at the 10 when it was 35-14, walking up the stairs to leave we turned around to see kuhns touchdown to make it 42-14.

there was a couple sitting next to us decked in packers gear, they never cheered once, never made a peep, it was.....shocking to say the least. their facial expression never changed no matter what was going on in the game and the husband/boyfriend stood with his arms crossed the entire game.

the first quarter and a half was an amazing experience. the remaining 2 and a half quarters, not so much.

the first quarter and a half was an amazing experience. the remaining 2 and a half quarters, not so much.

God imagine the atmosphere in the Dome that night had we kept the game close.

In pre-game Joe Buck said to Troy "I'll just have to nod at what you just said cause I can't hear a thing!"

:(

Edited by Goal Line D

God imagine the atmosphere in the Dome that night had we kept the game close.

In pre-game joe Buck said to Troy "I'll just have to nod at what you just said cause I can't hear a thing!"

:(

the roof would have blown off, the place was like something one could only dream about.

the stadium was so loud, especially on the fumble recovery by grimes, the touchdown run by turner and kickoff return by weems. i almost fainted from lack of oxygen to the brain yelling at aaron rodgers the whole time he was on offense.

on that note, we got up and left on the first down conversion at the 10 when it was 35-14, walking up the stairs to leave we turned around to see kuhns touchdown to make it 42-14.

there was a couple sitting next to us decked in packers gear, they never cheered once, never made a peep, it was.....shocking to say the least. their facial expression never changed no matter what was going on in the game and the husband/boyfriend stood with his arms crossed the entire game.

was it the weems TD return, or the grimes fumble that we exceeded the 115 decibles?????

the roof would have blown off, the place was like something one could only dream about.

I could tell. And it just breaks my heart. It was all RIGHT THERE for us. The Dome was so electric that the announcers literally said "We can't hear ourselves talk" before the first kick-off, "It's loud in here, REALLY loud." All the pieces were in place for a run to Dallas (the home field that we know our Falcons so love being the highest on the list), and the first quarter and a half, as you said, made me think, "Oh **** yes, we've got this!" When Weems returned that kick, I just KNEW it was our night. And I'm not going to talk about what happened next because we all know.

It was RIGHT THERE for the taking.

Sorry. I'm still far from over this.

was it the weems TD return, or the grimes fumble that we exceeded the 115 decibles?????

Could have been during the pre-game from what I was hearing through the TV. Talk about the 12 man representing! Now if the other 11 would've got their collective heads on straight we could've had ourselves a real ballgame.

Edited by Goal Line D

Could have been during the pre-game from what I was hearing through the TV. Talk about the 12 man representing! Now if the other 11 would've got their collective heads on straight we could've had ourselves a real ballgame.

naw the DJ showed the meter on the big board and it reached 117 during one of those plays, i cant remember which one it was. I think it was the weems TD but im not sure.

although it absolutely killed to watch the 2nd half, I watched the whole thing. Just because the Dirty Birds didn't Rise Up like we all wanted them too, I'm not going to abandon them ever. I'll watch complete and udder embarrassment before abandoning them.

People may say that the playoff game was the only game that counted...can't we all agree that the season we had was a dream season..up to that point.

#1. 13-3.

#2. The Burner had another 1000 yard season.

#3. We beat and lost to the Defending Super Bowl Champions New Orleans Aints.

#4. Matty Ice led numerous 4th quarter comebacks to win.

#5. Roddy White led the NFL in receptions and was widley considered the best WR in the NFL this year.

#6. Mike Smith (The Coaching Staff), Matt Ryan, Tony Gonzalez, Roddy White, Michael Turner, John Abraham, Eric Weems, & Ovie Mughelli are all going to the Pro-Bowl.

I'm going to hold my head high and dwell on that overall season and wait for the upcoming season.

I was at the debacle that was the Saints' first playoff game, a 44 - 10 loss to Minnesota after the 1987 season. I got mad at fans who were leaving early, thankfully those that stayed (my best guess was about 30%) gave the Saints a standing ovation at the end to thank them for a great season.

While I love to trash talk about our rivalry, I do respect fans that stayed to the end and showed their support. To those that don't, regardless of whichever team they support, it's your money, you can do as you please. However, I can only take you a lot less seriously as a true fan. I doubt that matters in the least to anyone but it's my opinion just the same.

Yes, I say that to Saints fans in the same situation, so don't make this into a Falcons hate thing.