Value on Turner

Im not saying that we should definatly trade him. But if we could get a few seconds, or maybe even a low first, would you take that. We all saw what happened to him in 2009 coming off a big year in 08. im worried he will see a huge decline and never be return to form. Keep in mind that this is the Patriots bread and butter strategy. as soon as a play hits his peak they trade him away and stockpile picks. (EX: Richard Seymour for a first. Damien Woody for a second.) what are your thoughts?

Im not saying that we should definatly trade him. But if we could get a few seconds, or maybe even a low first, would you take that. We all saw what happened to him in 2009 coming off a big year in 08. im worried he will see a huge decline and never be return to form. Keep in mind that this is the Patriots bread and butter strategy. as soon as a play hits his peak they trade him away and stockpile picks. (EX: Richard Seymour for a first. Damien Woody for a second.) what are your thoughts?

I would take a low first for him, but my personal opinion I rather get a good college running back in the draft like one of the VT guys or Murray from Oklahoma. Turner is still the man, but we could use an upgrade for a back up.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I think we could get Fitzgerald (He wants out of Arizona) For Turner Next year's 4th and a 3rd this year.

Basically this years 2nd and 3rd and value and next years 4th.

Also this is realistic considering what WRs like Holmes and others were traded for.

I say do it and sign me up to be first in line to get a Fitzgerald jersey. Imo running backs are easier than any other position to replace. Larry Fitzgerald on this team would make me pass out if that happened from joy. Really

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Also a kid I like to give us a spark as a speed back is Noel Divine. Noel is a super fast back and some say the strongest guy pound for pound than any guy comes close to his size. He can run, catch, add a whole new dimension to our offense. And he would not be as brittle as Norwood.

Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia

Height: 5-8. Weight: 175.

Projected 40 Time: 4.31.

Projected Round (2011): 3-4.

10/1/10: Devine suffered a bruised toe against LSU and was limited later in that game. In his first three games, Devine accumulated 73 carries for 354 rushing yards and 80 receiving yards. He is an electric player in the open field and it is inevitable he will draw comparisons to Dexter McCluster.

11/7/09: Someone will draft Noel Devine in Rounds 2-3 if he runs a fast 40. He's averaging 6.2 YPC and 8.2 yards per reception this year. He'll be seen as a Darren Sproles-type player.

There is no doubt that Noel Devine is one of the most exciting running backs in all of college football. However, NFL teams will look at his 5-8, 176 pound frame and wonder where he will fit in their system. That means Devine should probably return to West Virginia for his senior season, but he still has one more game during his junior campaign to show his stuff. Devine is known for randomly having a huge game; if that happens on New Year's Day against Florida State in the Gator Bowl, NFL scouts will think twice about passing him over. Devine's abilities have always been well known, but during his freshman campaign he had to share the ball with quarterback Pat White and running back Steve Slaton. Normally that would not leave many carries for a little freshman, but Devine carried the ball 73 times for 627 yards and six scores. That is an average of 8.6 yards per carry. In 2008 Slaton was off in the NFL and Devine proved that he could be more than just a change of pace back. He carried the load and ran for 1,289 yards on 206 carries. The story has been the same so far in 2009 as Devine finished up the regular season with 1,297 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns. Devine's size will be an issue, but this a player that can be a second back and a kick-off returner in the NFL right away. If he does go to the NFL, he should be a second round selection.

Absolutely impossible to knock off his feet, the best balance since Barry Sanders, Devine has the uncanny ability to bounce off of tacklers, run through arm tackles and make people miss in space. Not the biggest, just maybe the best.

This is the back we need that we can get with our 2nd round selection for sure maybe even our 3rd rounder but I doubt it.

Fitzgerald actually has language in his contract that would allow him to become a free agent next season... just something to dream about.

As far as trading Turner, I would only do it if we were going to get a BUTTLOAD of picks for it. We can draft a speed back in the 3rd or 4th round - someone like Devine would be great - and continue to use Snelling as well. I think Turner has a couple of solid years left ahead of him, especially if we can improve our blocking up front a little more AND instill fear in opposing teams' defenses with a stronger downfield passing attack.

Also a kid I like to give us a spark as a speed back is Noel Divine. Noel is a super fast back and some say the strongest guy pound for pound than any guy comes close to his size. He can run, catch, add a whole new dimension to our offense. And he would not be as brittle as Norwood.

10/1/10: Devine suffered a bruised toe against LSU and was limited later in that game. In his first three games, Devine accumulated 73 carries for 354 rushing yards and 80 receiving yards. He is an electric player in the open field and it is inevitable he will draw comparisons to Dexter McCluster.

11/7/09: Someone will draft Noel Devine in Rounds 2-3 if he runs a fast 40. He's averaging 6.2 YPC and 8.2 yards per reception this year. He'll be seen as a Darren Sproles-type player.

There is no doubt that Noel Devine is one of the most exciting running backs in all of college football. However, NFL teams will look at his 5-8, 176 pound frame and wonder where he will fit in their system. That means Devine should probably return to West Virginia for his senior season, but he still has one more game during his junior campaign to show his stuff. Devine is known for randomly having a huge game; if that happens on New Year's Day against Florida State in the Gator Bowl, NFL scouts will think twice about passing him over. Devine's abilities have always been well known, but during his freshman campaign he had to share the ball with quarterback Pat White and running back Steve Slaton. Normally that would not leave many carries for a little freshman, but Devine carried the ball 73 times for 627 yards and six scores. That is an average of 8.6 yards per carry. In 2008 Slaton was off in the NFL and Devine proved that he could be more than just a change of pace back. He carried the load and ran for 1,289 yards on 206 carries. The story has been the same so far in 2009 as Devine finished up the regular season with 1,297 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns. Devine's size will be an issue, but this a player that can be a second back and a kick-off returner in the NFL right away. If he does go to the NFL, he should be a second round selection.

Absolutely impossible to knock off his feet, the best balance since Barry Sanders, Devine has the uncanny ability to bounce off of tacklers, run through arm tackles and make people miss in space. Not the biggest, just maybe the best.

This is the back we need that we can get with our 2nd round selection for sure maybe even our 3rd rounder but I doubt it.

I'm not sure you know what "pound for pound" means.

I'm not sure you know what "pound for pound" means.

Guest atl.falcon4ever

Trust me, Noel Devine will be a huge steal in the draft, He could back up turner to perfection, and if turner goes down, he can take the lead. This guy is LEGIT! He is super fast, strong, allusive, he can do anything... if healthy

I would love to have Noel Devine. I agree with everything stated in the quote above me.

But I have heard he has really bad character concerns. And well if he does, I just do not see the Falcons taking him. But either way if they got him I would litereally come out of my seat watching the draft and jump for joy.

Turner's trade value is not as much as we value him. At best, we could move him for a third rounder. Think about it, Turner has a lot of mileage on his legs. He is a big back that has gotten a lot of carries with us. Why would a team give up a second rounder when they can draft a good young RB that has more acceleration and cutting abilities. Heck, even a good rookie FB canbe used as the short yardage runner and still project to have better numbers than Turner in three years.

Sorry guys, Turner is not going to be traded. We would be better off drafting a RB and reducing Turner's carries.

I understand why you think that turner doesn't have any trade value but with his stats over the past three years i think he could garner at least a second rounder. Im in favor of trading him because I fear that he will get hurt this year just like 09 and his value will never be the same. He will never be as valuable as he is now and I'm not saying that that is a bunch of high picks but at least something that can help provide more speed to the backfield. A ball control, bruising style back like turner is not the going to ever be the answer to a successful backfield. He's needs a ying to his yang in order to continue his sucsess and stay healthy. If drafting another running back to share time is the answer but if there's an oppurtunity to pick up picks and possibly target someone in free agency than thats an option too.

I think we could get Fitzgerald (He wants out of Arizona) For Turner Next year's 4th and a 3rd this year.

Basically this years 2nd and 3rd and value and next years 4th.

Also this is realistic considering what WRs like Holmes and others were traded for.

that is a pipe dream if you think the cards would accept a trade like that for fitz. Turner adds no value for AZ with hightower and wells, who they just drafted in round 1 two years ago. add the fact that turner is 29, coming off a 300 carry season and has shown declining skills, i doubt AZ would want anything to do with turner. It would take 2 first rounds and probably more to get fitz out of AZ.

Edited by findwaldo