Matt Ryan doesn't have what it takes to go to the Next Level.

If how deep you go in the playoffs is the only measure of a QB's success, wouldn't that make Chris Chandler the greatest quarterback in Falcons' history?

I apologize, Vick slurpers. I shouldn't bring logic into the equation. That's not fair. How rude of me.

Trent Dilfer is the greatest quarterback to ever play the game of football.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"but but but Vick took us to NFCCG with just his legs and his will (and a Pro Bowl TE and 2 great RBs and a defense stacked with Pro Bowlers at all 3 levels that led the league in sacks that year)" :lol:

Nah man, that defense was HORRIBLE, did you see the stats??? The yards they gave up! PATHETIC! STATS are the TRUTH to EVERYTHING in the NFL (except for Vick) Vick did it all on his own, and you're an idiot for not thinking he is the greatest intergalactic superstar to walk the face of this planet!

Edited by JD dirtybird21

If how deep you go in the playoffs is the only measure of a QB's success, wouldn't that make Chris Chandler the greatest quarterback in Falcons' history?

I apologize, Vick slurpers. I shouldn't bring logic into the equation. That's not fair. How rude of me.

Well chanlder won only 2 playoff games(1 yr), Vick won 2 in the 2 times he was there., Matty is 0-2, the best is the QB we drafted and won a SB( I think he wears the # 4) his name is brett.

No he isn't. Ryan is better now than Vick was back then. I'll agree that Vick is better THIS year though, he had an amazing season. But when it comes to Vick's first three seasons compared to Ryan's first 3, Ryan is overall better and shows much more potential. Ryan gets better, Vick looked like his best in 2002 and got only worse every year.

Ryan first 3 seasons were not better than Vick thats a stupid statement. Vick won in the playoffs and got us to the NFC game in his first 3 seasons as our starter. Ryan has 0 playoff wins and he has more weapons and a better coach than Vick did.

Anyhow i still want to trade Ryan to the Eagles so we can get Kevin Kolb. He is super accurate

Edited by atlhomey

Ryan first 3 seasons were not better than Vick thats a stupid statement. Vick won in the playoffs and got us to the NFC game in his first 3 seasons. Ryan has 0 playoff wins and he has more weapons and a better coach than Vick did.

Dude, playoff wins are NOT based ONLY on the quarterback, where is the logic in that? Vick and Ryan had two completely different teams with completely different coaches. You can't say that Vick is better than Ryan on individual performance based on TEAM efforts.

Dude, playoff wins are NOT based ONLY on the quarterback, where is the logic in that? Vick and Ryan had two completely different teams with completely different coaches. You can't say that Vick is better than Ryan on individual performance based on TEAM efforts.

Will Ryan ever have a performance like Vick did on Monday Night against the Redskins? Will Ryan ever put up 21 pts with 7 minutes left in the 4th qtr? Im sorry but anybody who thinks Ryan is better than Vick is a darm Fool

Edited by atlhomey

Ive always said this. Vick is 10 times better than Ryan anyone that tries to even argue that is a fool. YES EVEN BETTER AS A FALCON THAN RYAN.

They use the excuse 3 winning seasons. When Vick wouldve had back to back winning seasons if he didnt get injured in the pre season in 03" When he came back he won most of the games left and only lost one.

Vicks 3rd season as our starter HE GOT US TO THE NFC GAME. RYANS 3RD SEASON HE GOT US BLOWN OUT SO BAD IN THE DOME THAT THE FANS LEFT BY THE HALF. Therefore thats 2 PLAYOFF WINS IN HIS FIRST 3 SEASONS AS OUR STARTER. I'D MUCH RATHER HAVE THAT THAN A WINNING SEASON AND BE 0-2 in the playoffs LIKE RYAN

Thirdly Jim Mora was not a good coach. Us getting to the NFC was all Vick and not mora. Mora failed at two franchises. He failed here and in Seattle.

They brag about our winning seasons when Ryan has had nothing but easy schedules every since hes been here. When teams shut down our run game Ryan cant carry this team unless its a team under 500. that we are playing. What good are winning seasons if your QB cant even win ONE playoff game in 3 seasons with a ton of weapons.

lol. jockride much?

Ryan first 3 seasons were not better than Vick thats a stupid statement. Vick won in the playoffs and got us to the NFC game in his first 3 seasons as our starter. Ryan has 0 playoff wins and he has more weapons and a better coach than Vick did.

Anyhow i still want to trade Ryan to the Eagles so we can get Kevin Kolb. He is super accurate

Ryan got us to the "NFC game" in his first career start, which was faster than Vick since Vick didn't start his first NFL game. It was an "NFC game" against the Detroit Lions.

If you are going to spew your idiotic rhetoric, how about trying to spew it correctly?

For the record, do you actually consider yourself a fan of the Falcons?

O.k., so ALL we hear is how much Matt Ryan is a student of the game and how much he looks at tape, and how much he studies. He has a good o-line in front of him, a Pro Bowl receiver, and he has a Pro Bowl Tight End. Yet he can't win 1 playoff game, just win 1 time in the post season.

However, Vick not only won in the post season, he won without a good o-line and without a pro bowl caliber receiver. Oh, and he did it although he admitted he didn't give 100% while playing with the Falcons.

So if Mike Vick can win in the postseason on less than 100% effort, with less tools than Matt Ryan, what is Matt Ryan's excuse. Especially when Matt Ryan is praised for his work ethic. The answer is Ryan doesn't have an excuse, although most posters on this board will give him a pass.

And for all of the propping up you do of Vick, he didn't lead the Eagles to the #1 seed, or Home Field advantage. In fact, he threw one of his usual interceptions in the biggest game of the season. His team wasn't 13-3. Hmm, this year, he was a detriment as well a help to his team, but you take Vick, and I'll take Ryan.

Matt Ryan>>>>

Highest winning pct of any falcons qb

First to lead team to back to back winning seasons

Did it twice

Pro Bowl 25 year old qb

ask denver what trading away a 25 year old pro bowl qb gets you.

winning pct with No playoff wins

Vick first 3 seasons as our starter 2 playoff wins and got us to the NFC game. Way better than Ryan being 0-2 in the playoffs with even more weapons than vick had.

winning pct with No playoff wins

Vick first 3 seasons as our starter 2 playoff wins and got us to the NFC game. Way better than Ryan being 0-2 in the playoffs with even more weapons than vick had.

does a wild card win really matter? do you get to hang a banner for that? how many rings did vick win? how many back to back winning seasons? how many losing seasons? in all the years vick has been a starter, how many times has he won 9 games in a season?

And for all of the propping up you do of Vick, he didn't lead the Eagles to the #1 seed, or Home Field advantage. In fact, he threw one of his usual interceptions in the biggest game of the season. His team wasn't 13-3. Hmm, this year, he was a detriment as well a help to his team, but you take Vick, and I'll take Ryan.

Vick had better stats than your gf Ryan against the very same opponent.

Vick passed for 300, he had 2 tds and his kicker missed two field goals that wouldve won that game however He lost by 4 pts

However Ryan on the other hand threw for only 186 yards, 1 td, 3 turnovers one being for a pick six. Causing all our fans to leave by half time. Yeah Ryan is great alright. He got blown out at home by 27+ pts

Vick had a banged up Oline and the last ranked redzone defense in the NFL and in the last 25 yrs and he still got his team in the playoffs. Of course he wouldnt get a number 1 seed with all the flaws and injuries on that eagles team Einstein. Neither would Brady, Brees, Manning survive behind his horrid Oline. Some of you sound so stupid. Use your brain sometimes b4 you speak.

Edited by atlhomey

Vick passed for 300, he had 2 tds and his kicker missed two field goals that wouldve won that game however He lost by 4 pts

However Ryan on the other hand threw for only 186 yards, 1 td, 3 turnovers one being for a pick six. Causing all our fans to leave by half time. Yeah Ryan is great alright

Vick had a banged up Oline and the last ranked redzone defense in the NFL and in the last 25 yrs and he still got his team in the playoffs. Of course he wouldnt get a number 1 seed with all the flaws and injuries on that eagles team you fool. Neither would Brady, Brees, Manning survive behind his horrid Oline. Some of you sound so stupid. Use your brain sometimes b4 you speak.

did vick beat green bay? did matt ryan?

did vick beat green bay? did matt ryan?

More than likely even if the score had been 27-24 and the Falcons lost, there would still be these posts...but it certainly doesn't help that instead of a close game it was a blow out - a playoff game blow out no less. Its already known the QB will be blamed the most regardless.

I wonder if he was trying the other day when he lost the PLAYOFF game for the Eagles.

I like Ryan and Vick.....

So let's be honest about who lost the the game for

for the Eagles: The Kicker lost it. 2 missed FG's

Let's see??

2 missed FG's + 16 pts. = 22 pts

Philly wins 22-21

However Ryan on the other hand threw for only 186 yards, 1 td, 3 turnovers one being for a pick six. Causing all our fans to leave by half time. Yeah Ryan is great alright. He got blown out at home by 27+ pts

Vick had a banged up Oline and the last ranked redzone defense in the NFL and in the last 25 yrs and he still got his team in the playoffs. Of course he wouldnt get a number 1 seed with all the flaws and injuries on that eagles team Einstein. Neither would Brady, Brees, Manning survive behind his horrid Oline. Some of you sound so stupid. Use your brain sometimes b4 you speak.

Maybe its not Vick maybe we need Jim Mora Back or Even Bobby Petrino they Couched him give them the credit. Now that would be stupid Vick screwed US and so did Mora and Petrino Forever Hated.

vick throws a TD on the last play instead of an INT

eagles win 23-21

But my goodness, Ryan's interception resulted in 6 points the other way - is that better? The outcomes are the same...but there is no way anyone can pretend like the Falcons loss was not so bad, because the team was the #1 seed playing at home after a bye. No need to get mad now that a bunch of saints and eagles fans bout to come talk a whole lot of smack. The Falcons got embarrassed. They didn't even lose respectably. All that talk about 13-3 and "the NFC goes through Atlanta!!!"...yeah, it went thru Atlanta, and on up to Chicago.

This bashing won't be stopping anytime soon, thank the team for that.

Edited by lrreamon