Matt Ryan doesn't have what it takes to go to the Next Level.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you're an idiot and with your own moronic logic just proved my point. They thought Tom Brady was a 2nd string QB guess he can't be any good.

You actually can't read and you have no logic. Coming from Philly, I'm not shocked.

Vick was drafted to be a starter, but couldn't beat out the old man we had in his first year. See, when an NFL team drafts you #1, you're the guy at your position.

Brady was drafted in the 6th round, and was looked at as a project who might be a backup by his second or third year. Vick was looked at as the starter for now and the future, but he couldn't beat out Chandler. Vick is garbage. Once teams figured out how to stop Vick, ala Monte Kiffin, he regressed as a passer.

Was that simple enough for you sweetpea, or should I use some slang to help you get it?

SCREW THEM WEAK WINNING SEASONS. You know what Vick done his first 3 seasons as our starter? HE DID MORE THAN RYAN WHETHER YOU GUYS WANT TO ADMIT OR NOT AND YOU KNOW IT.

His first starting season was 02" We beat Greenbay in the playoffs

His second season 03" He got injured in the preseason and missed nearly the entire season, but when he came back he won out an only lost 1 game.

His 3rd season 04" He got us ONE GAME SHORT OF A SUPERBOWL=NFC GAME

I think that right there is better than just having 3 winning seasons and NOT WINNING ATLEAST ONE PLAYOFF GAME. So that false LIE ABOUT RYAN DID MORE THAN VICK IS B.S SO SAVE IT. Ryan even has more weapons and a better coach than Vick did to AND YET HE GETS BLOWN OUT IN THE GA DOME SO BAD THAT OUR FANS LEFT AFTER THE HALF. YEAH RYAN IS GREAT ALRIGHT.

If Ryan played with the team we had in 2004 and 2005, he would have won more season games and matched Vick's playoff wins. Ryan is a great young quarterback and you are blinded by flashiness.

Vick has never been able to read defenses or throw the ball accurately. He will NEVER quarterback a team to the superbowl. He was successful in 2002 because of his raw talent that nobody had ever seen before. People were blinded by the fact that he couldn't throw the ball any more accurately than Patrick Ramsey! Vick has the ability to make an "ok" team good. But he will never make a "good" team "great." Ryan can make a good team great. He's a bigger leader, has more dedication, and actually knows how to play the quarterback position. He's 25 years old, lets start criticizing his ability about playoff games when he's 30. Great quarterbacks typically give us their best seasons in between the age of 28-33. Ryan still has SO MUCH potential.

I honestly think that if the Falcons were to win the super bowl this season, you'd still be complaining. I honestly do not think you're a Falcons fan, I think you're a Vick fan that is trying to mess with us.

Edited by JD dirtybird21

You actually can't read and you have no logic. Coming from Philly, I'm not shocked.

Vick was drafted to be a starter, but couldn't beat out the old man we had in his first year. See, when an NFL team drafts you #1, you're the guy at your position.

Brady was drafted in the 6th round, and was looked at as a project who might be a backup by his second or third year. Vick was looked at as the starter for now and the future, but he couldn't beat out Chandler. Vick is garbage. Once teams figured out how to stop Vick, ala Monte Kiffin, he regressed as a passer.

Was that simple enough for you sweetpea, or should I use some slang to help you get it?

I didn't think they had plans to play Vick his first year.

If I remember correctly Reeves even said he was raw and needed time on the bench.

I remember a lot of radio discussion about whether that was the right decision or not.

If Ryan played with the team we had in 2004 and 2005, he would have won more season games and matched Vick's playoff wins. Ryan is a great young quarterback and you are blinded by flashiness.

Vick has never been able to read defenses or throw the ball accurately. He will NEVER quarterback a team to the superbowl. He was successful in 2002 because of his raw talent that nobody had ever seen before. People were blinded by the fact that he couldn't throw the ball any more accurately than Patrick Ramsey! Vick has the ability to make an "ok" team good. But he will never make a "good" team "great." Ryan can make a good team great. He's a bigger leader, has more dedication, and actually knows how to play the quarterback position. He's 25 years old, lets start criticizing his ability about playoff games when he's 30. Great quarterbacks typically give us their best seasons in between the age of 28-33. Ryan still has SO MUCH potential.

I honestly think that if the Falcons were to win the super bowl this season, you'd still be complaining. I honestly do not think you're a Falcons fan, I think you're a Vick fan that is trying to mess with us.

Vick wont ever make a good team great and cant read defenses huh? You just showed how stupid most Ryan huggers are. Hes been reading defenses and blitzes all season. The lions blitzed him all game when he played them and they have one of the best defensive fronts in the league with SUH. He made them pay and a few other teams. Vick made the Eagles great this season. The whole right side of their Oline were nothing but third stringers.

His Center was even a back up. Shut up dude you have no idea what youre talking about . You sound like a fool. Vick also got no help from his defense being ranked last in the redzone in the last 25 yrs. His defense was so bad they set a record. Ryan couldnt carry any team that had a horrible defense and a bad Oline i could assure you that. Matter a fact neither would Brady, Brees, nor Manning couldve done what Vick done behind that line. Ryan sucks. Live with it.

Vick had 2 tds , and passed for almost 300 yds against a good greenbay defense. He only lost by 4pts not to mention his kicker missed 2 field goals that wouldve won that game..

On the other hand Ryan against that very same defense sucked with no spit. He only passed for 186 yds,1td, and had 3 turnovers. One going for a pick six. Truth is Falcons wont ever win a superbowl as long as that weak, noodle, armed bum is on our team. He Got whipped so bad by Greenbay the fans left by half time thanks to Matty Ice. Looks like he got melted Saturday night.

Edited by atlhomey

Not true. The defense was 22nd in both 05 and 06 and gave up 19.6 ppg. This years defense was 16th. Just the facts and no bias either way.

Stats are not facts, they are extremely deceiving of what the defense really is. The 2010 San Diego Chargers are officially the greatest team in NFL history because they finished 1st in total offense and defense. Stats say it all man

Vick wont ever make a good team great and cant read defenses huh? You just showed how stupid most Ryan huggers are. Hes been reading defenses and blitzes all season. The lions blitzed him all game when he played them and they have one of the best defensive fronts in the league with SUH. He made them pay and a few other teams. Vick made the Eagles great this season. The whole right side of their Oline were nothing but third stringers.

His Center was even a back up. Shut up dude you have no idea what youre talking about . You sound like a fool. Vick also got no help from his defense being ranked last in the redzone in the last 25 yrs. His defense was so bad they set a record. Ryan couldnt carry any team that had a horrible defense and a bad Oline i could assure you that. Matter a fact neither would Brady, Brees, nor Manning couldve done what Vick done behind that line. Ryan sucks. Live with it.

Vick had 2 tds , and passed for almost 300 yds against a good greenbay defense. He only lost by 4pts not to mention his kicker missed 2 field goals that wouldve won that game..

On the other hand Ryan against that very same defense sucked with no spit. He only passed for 186 yds,1td, and had 3 turnovers. One going for a pick six. Truth is Falcons wont ever win a superbowl as long as that weak, noodle, armed bum is on our team. He Got whipped so bad by Greenbay the fans left at half time thanks to Matty Ice. Looks like he got melted Saturday night.

I'm done with you, you seriously don't know the game of football at all.

Ryan will be OUR QB for a looooong time rather you like it or not PERIOD!!

Even if he doesn't win it all next year he will be here and the year after that, he is the future of the Atlanta Falcons!

And unlike some of you, i for one am excited for the future of our team! if your not excited about the direction our front office and team are headed in then maybe you should go root for some other team!

Not true. The defense was 22nd in both 05 and 06 and gave up 19.6 ppg. This years defense was 16th. Just the facts and no bias either way.

Thank you. Exactly our defense was horrible in 05" and 06" But they blame Vick for all that. Thats typical of a delusional Ryan Hugger. They dont use their common sense at all.

Thank you. Exactly our defense was horrible in 05" and 06" But they blame Vick for all that. Thats typical of a delusional Ryan Hugger. They dont use their common sense at all.

First of all, I don't solely attribute W's or L's to the quarterback. Because I know at least a little bit about football, unlike you.

And you seem to be conveniently forgetting a lot of HORRIBLE games from Vick that played a big part in us losing games in both those years.

I'll ask you a 3rd time: Why don't you hold Vick to the same standards as any other player? Why are you so gay for him?

Using stats to compare defenses is straight up STUPID. I for one, NEVER blamed Vick for the defenses struggles. All I'm saying is, our defense back then was more talented than the one we have now. It had 5 potential pro bowlers on it.

-Kerney

-Coleman

-Hartwell

-Brooking

-Hall

I blame Vick for the team going 8-8 and 7-9 in 05 and 06 though. He was the main reason why we lost so many games both of those seasons. Vick fumbled the football 20 times in those two seasons combined. He also completed less than 56 percent of his passes in both seasons. And he finished 2-6 in 05, and 2-7 in 06 for the second halves of the seasons. He was inconsistent, and overrated. And yes, I understand that those finishes are not 100% his fault, but based on YOUR theories and arguments, they are 100% his fault.

Edited by JD dirtybird21

And you seem to be conveniently forgetting a lot of HORRIBLE games from Vick that played a big part in us losing games in both those years.

You speak truth there.

Over the summer I went back and watched all of my old Falcon VHS tapes and Vick was on a lot of them. Rewatching those games objectively, there were games where it looked like he didn't give a **** although there were times when he gave it his all.

I loved Vick and couldn't wait to see him turn into something special, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Im new here but the reason i became a fan of the falcons in the first place was becuase of vick. He was a show stopper, someone that could make you go wow, how did he do that? But when we draft Ryan i knew that he was someone that we could build our franchise around. I think he does deserve an exucse, can you say the defense blew the game? we could have stopped Aaron Rodgers on many third downs that would have translated into more opprotunities for Matt Ryan, sure he didnt have a great game, i would say it was alright, but our offense wasnt built or used in the way that I feel we need to. We need to open the play up for Ryan more and we will, he will win big games, and he will win a superbowl, just wait his time will be soon.

Using stats to compare defenses is straight up STUPID. I for one, NEVER blamed Vick for the defenses struggles. All I'm saying is, our defense back then was more talented than the one we have now. It had 5 potential pro bowlers on it.

-Kerney

-Coleman

-Hartwell

-Brooking

-Hall

I blame Vick for the team going 8-8 and 7-9 in 05 and 06 though. He was the main reason why we lost so many games both of those seasons. Vick fumbled the football 20 times in those two seasons combined. He also completed less than 56 percent of his passes in both seasons. And he finished 2-6 in 05, and 2-7 in 06 for the second halves of the seasons. He was inconsistent, and overrated. And yes, I understand that those finishes are not 100% his fault, but based on YOUR theories and arguments, they are 100% his fault.

He still is better than Ryan, and even after his prison stint hes still better.

what is ATLhomey trying to prove.. why you keep comparing with vick for.. seriously.. I know your having your little fun because everybody is making comments about your comments and stuff..

when we had vick he didn't even know 3 step drop and 5 step drop. all he did was scramble to the left and if nothing there scramble to the right. if thats all you going to do.. you don't have to watch tapes because you can't find anybody else who does that. you could watch your own films. ryan is different his still learning.. he got lot better than his rookie year.

atlhomey would you rather want joe flaco or matt ryan for the falcons??

The only thing that you have to know to understand that Ryan is a superior QB to Vick is the fact that Vick admitted to not giving his all while playing in Atlanta. If you prefer someone like that as the QB of your favorite team, then I feel sorry for you. It is completely inexcusable for a professional athlete making millions of dollars, especially a QB, to not do everything in his power to make himself better. That fact alone tells me that I would NEVER want Vick playing QB for my favorite team again. PERIOD.

Sure, Vick is fun to watch. He is exciting to watch. But, show me a game where he played a good defense when it mattered and his team won the game. He lost to the Eagles twice in the playoffs when their defense was good while he was in Atlanta. He lost to the Packers this year and we saw how good their defense was this past Saturday. Basically, any defensive coordinator worth his salt can come up with a gameplan to stop Vick. That was evident down the stretch this year, just as it was when he was in Atlanta.

No he isn't. Ryan is better now than Vick was back then. I'll agree that Vick is better THIS year though, he had an amazing season. But when it comes to Vick's first three seasons compared to Ryan's first 3, Ryan is overall better and shows much more potential. Ryan gets better, Vick looked like his best in 2002 and got only worse every year.

what is ATLhomey trying to prove.. why you keep comparing with vick for.. seriously.. I know your having your little fun because everybody is making comments about your comments and stuff..

when we had vick he didn't even know 3 step drop and 5 step drop. all he did was scramble to the left and if nothing there scramble to the right. if thats all you going to do.. you don't have to watch tapes because you can't find anybody else who does that. you could watch your own films. ryan is different his still learning.. he got lot better than his rookie year.

atlhomey would you rather want joe flaco or matt ryan for the falcons??

Either he's A. proving to the world that he's one of the biggest idiots I've ever seen on this board, or B. he's just messing with everyone. I'm gonna go with B.

The only thing that you have to know to understand that Ryan is a superior QB to Vick is the fact that Vick admitted to not giving his all while playing in Atlanta. If you prefer someone like that as the QB of your favorite team, then I feel sorry for you. It is completely inexcusable for a professional athlete making millions of dollars, especially a QB, to not do everything in his power to make himself better. That fact alone tells me that I would NEVER want Vick playing QB for my favorite team again. PERIOD.

Sure, Vick is fun to watch. He is exciting to watch. But, show me a game where he played a good defense when it mattered and his team won the game.

Stupid statement. He had the Giants in his division. They not only knocked out 7 qbs this season, but were number 2 ranked defense in the NFC. He beat them twice and won his divison and put up 21 pts in 7 minutes, Ryan couldnt never do that.

Like I said You Ryan Huggers are delusional. AND HE HAD AN AWFUL OLINE.

Vick >> weak noodle armed Ryan

Edited by atlhomey

If how deep you go in the playoffs is the only measure of a QB's success, wouldn't that make Chris Chandler the greatest quarterback in Falcons' history?

I apologize, Vick slurpers. I shouldn't bring logic into the equation. That's not fair. How rude of me.

"but but but Vick took us to NFCCG with just his legs and his will (and a Pro Bowl TE and 2 great RBs and a defense stacked with Pro Bowlers at all 3 levels that led the league in sacks that year)" :lol: