Matt Ryan doesn't have what it takes to go to the Next Level.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The OC is the key to QB growth. Look at what's happening with Jay Cutler. He is overrated but he has a OC that knows what he is doing and let's him air it out often. Matt Ryan is scared standing in that pocket and doesn't the play enough time to develop and often when the WR's have beaten their man, he overthrows.

O.k., so ALL we hear is how much Matt Ryan is a student of the game and how much he looks at tape, and how much he studies. He has a good o-line in front of him, a Pro Bowl receiver, and he has a Pro Bowl Tight End. Yet he can't win 1 playoff game, just win 1 time in the post season.

However, Vick not only won in the post season, he won without a good o-line and without a pro bowl caliber receiver. Oh, and he did it although he admitted he didn't give 100% while playing with the Falcons.

So if Mike Vick can win in the postseason on less than 100% effort, with less tools than Matt Ryan, what is Matt Ryan's excuse. Especially when Matt Ryan is praised for his work ethic. The answer is Ryan doesn't have an excuse, although most posters on this board will give him a pass.

When Vick first came to the NFL, he had abilities that nobody had ever seen before in a quarterback. Teams didn't know what to do as far as planning against him. Because of that, the only defenses that could really contain him were the really good ones. This also benefited him in the playoffs because the mediocre playoff teams couldn't really stop a player like that. After a couple years though, teams started figuring him out and he wasn't as good as he was in 2002. Which is why in his final two seasons the team went 8-8 and 7-9.

hahaha is that even a serious question?!?!

Obviously he's still bitter at the fact that Vick is no longer a Falcon and that the Falcons are actually a more successful team with Ryan running the Offense

More successful in what regard??????? We may have more wins with Ryan, but neither one truly got us where we needed to be. Granted Ryan still has time.

Edited by FalconinPA

The OC is the key to QB growth. Look at what's happening with Jay Cutler. He is overrated but he has a OC that knows what he is doing and let's him air it out often. Matt Ryan is scared standing in that pocket and doesn't the play enough time to develop and often when the WR's have beaten their man, he overthrows.

Ryan has a very weak arm. He doesnt overthrow them they have to slow down for his deep passes especially Roddy. So it may appear hes overthrowing them, but hes not. Hes just not that accurate throwing the deep ball and yall keep crying about MM opening up the playbook for him. CHILD PLEASE! Ryan is a limited QB and Murlarkey knows it

Shut up crying like a little #$^&^

Go put some cream on your herpes sores, vicksucker.

It's pathetic how emotionally attached you are to a celebrity you don't even know. You're like a mindless little teenage girl who's obsessed with Justin Beiber or something.

I have utterly DESTROYED every single "argument" you have made- you're just not smart enough to understand logic and facts. So you keep repeating yourself like some kind of Rainman.

Ummmm...He said as much IN HIS OWN WORDS.

I heard him say he left it all out on the field as well not too long ago. He was talking about the preparation and effort in practice. Think Allen Iverson. He gives his all in the game but in practice, he's lazy, late, last in first out, and didn't study most of the time. That's what he said in direct words. I listened to most of his interviews since he's been out of prison. The whole I didn't give my all anytime statement was said when he was trying to do anything to get back in the league. He since been more honest on that front in past interviews in reference to playing in Atlanta.

why are you making the "assumption" that he is a ryan hater????You cant find a legit answer to answer this man's post, so you decide to throw in a bone...smh.

How do you form an arguement based off of someone elses feelings, when that person is not truthful? Matt has been in the NFL for three years, and all three have seen increases in performance. As Matt has risen, so have the Falcons. Not even the great Vick was able to help Atlanta get 3 consecutive winning seasons. Teams were able to prove if they shutdown Vicks running game, he had no skills passing the ball to win. Just look at every game Vick played against the Bears and Tampa. Single digit passer ratings, and multiple 3 and outs. Vick doesn't have the ability to read and react to a defense, as he proved in the game against Green Bay. He tried to take over, and failed to read a simple defense. No coach has ever given Vick audible rights, and he never changes the call at the line. He would rather try to run.

If Ryan had cornrows and a criminal record, I'm sure you would love to keep him here.

smh..still no legit answer.

Answer to what?!?! he didn't ask a question you idiot!

he was stating his opinion as i was mine.

All he does is compare Ryan to Vick, which is why i (in my opinion) believe he's bitter at the fact that Vick is no longer a Falcon and Ryan is!!

O.k., so ALL we hear is how much Matt Ryan is a student of the game and how much he looks at tape, and how much he studies. He has a good o-line in front of him, a Pro Bowl receiver, and he has a Pro Bowl Tight End. Yet he can't win 1 playoff game, just win 1 time in the post season.

However, Vick not only won in the post season, he won without a good o-line and without a pro bowl caliber receiver. Oh, and he did it although he admitted he didn't give 100% while playing with the Falcons.

So if Mike Vick can win in the postseason on less than 100% effort, with less tools than Matt Ryan, what is Matt Ryan's excuse. Especially when Matt Ryan is praised for his work ethic. The answer is Ryan doesn't have an excuse, although most posters on this board will give him a pass.

But but monkey juice tastes good if you wear the right pants and Chewbacca is a wookie who lives on Endor.

These boards suck. Where the **** are the mods????

Forget it, man. You'll get used to it. This argument, along with the same Vick fanboy circle-jerk, always rears its head after Ryan makes a mistake or has a bad game.

They have this belief that if they rip into Matt after every loss they'll get some kind of validation for Vick because him going to jail was the fault of the Falcons and they were wrong letting him go.

That's some ghetto-@ss logic right there...

Youre wrong. Ryan is not a better passer than Vick. Vicks completion pct is 63% Ryans is 62 % Ryans Qb rating is 91 Vicks is 100%

Ryan couldnt hold Vicks jock strap. The reason vick started running so much at the end of the season was because the whole right side of his offensive line are third stringers and kept getting beat so Vick had to run for his life. It wasnt no Vick reverting back to atlanta Vick like the media claimed. Everytime he snapped the ball a defender was already in his back field. Yet he stilll won games and he had a horrible defense

How long did it take Vick to establish those numbers? I mean since we just talking about one year, which is this year. Ryan has those number at 26 and Vick is 30. Ryan has not hit his prime and Vick has his first good year passing the ball close to the end of this prime. Don't get the wrong impression, I do like and support Vick outside playing the Falcons, however I believe it is really dumbfounding that after four almost five years, we are still having this conversation. I wouldn't trade Ryan for Vick...sorry!!

Do you realize how bad our defense was in 05" and 06"? Warrick Dunn was no longer in his prime and was getting old for a RB. Do you remember that? I remember that season we played the Giants and Warrick ran the ball from the 20 yrd line and took it all the way to the house but he looked very slow and winded before he even got there. He never took another one to the house after that . That season we went 7-9 our defense was even worse i remember the last game of that season. Carolina kept running a wildcat play over and over again and our defense couldnt stop it. Yeah thats Vick fault huh? Not to mention Mora was a horrible coach.

Our defense was way better in 05 and 06 than it was this season.

Ryan has a very weak arm. He doesnt overthrow them they have to slow down for his deep passes especially Roddy. So it may appear hes overthrowing them, but hes not. Hes just not that accurate throwing the deep ball and yall keep crying about MM opening up the playbook for him. CHILD PLEASE! Ryan is a limited QB and Murlarkey knows it

I found the Vick fan club. Which one is you?

thugs.jpg

Edited by cali_fan420

More successful in what regard??????? We may have more wins with Ryan, but neither one truly got us where we needed to be. Granted Ryan still has time.

More successful in the fact that for the first time in our history we have back to back to back winning season, more successful in that fact that in the 3 years he's only gotten better (look at his states). how do u not see that, yeah im upset at the lost too as everyone else is, but when u dont stop an offense or get them to punt ONCE its hard to beat any team!

Ryan huggers are funny and predictable. As usual when they get mad they resort to insults based on race. I wonder why the Falcons' fan base is divided? Go figure.

Ironic statement coming from you.

I don't think califan is that far off since you reacted to what he posted up. :D

Ryan huggers are funny and predictable. As usual when they get mad they resort to insults based on race. I wonder why the Falcons' fan base is divided? Go figure.

Funny, you hate Ryan because he's white. I never said anything about skin color either. You are the one who brought that up. I just googled "Idiot thugs" and this is what came up. Had nothing to do with race.

Edited by cali_fan420

Vick has won 2 playoff games in 10 years.

One is where the Falcons defense caused 5 turnovers and held the Packers to 7 points.

The other was against a pitiful St. Louis team that was probably worse than the Seahawks were this year.

Mark my words: By the time Ryan has played 10 years, he will have WAY MORE playoff wins than Vick.

And I'm not mad. I'm just trolling like you. If the moderation team will allow you and others to troll, I am going to tiptoe the terms of service and troll right back. It will either drive you away or get real funny real fast. Either way, someone will eventually get banned.

Answer to what?!?! he didn't ask a question you idiot!

he was stating his opinion as i was mine.

All he does is compare Ryan to Vick, which is why i (in my opinion) believe he's bitter at the fact that Vick is no longer a Falcon and Ryan is!!

your "opinion" you provided have nothing to do with the OP's original statement. ex..if i said vick is better than ryan because and i provide reasons why i think.. then you come along and say no vick is not better you idiot, you are just bitter and blah blah blah......get it...you provide nothin but a idiotic comment/opinion..

Funny, you hate Ryan because he's white. I never said anything about skin color either. You are the one who brought that up. I just googled "Idiot thugs" and this is what came up. Had nothing to do with race.

When I googled idiot thugs this is what came up. There were tons of pics to choose from.

idiotthugs.jpg