Matt Ryan doesn't have what it takes to go to the Next Level.

O.k., so ALL we hear is how much Matt Ryan is a student of the game and how much he looks at tape, and how much he studies. He has a good o-line in front of him, a Pro Bowl receiver, and he has a Pro Bowl Tight End. Yet he can't win 1 playoff game, just win 1 time in the post season.

However, Vick not only won in the post season, he won without a good o-line and without a pro bowl caliber receiver. Oh, and he did it although he admitted he didn't give 100% while playing with the Falcons.

So if Mike Vick can win in the postseason on less than 100% effort, with less tools than Matt Ryan, what is Matt Ryan's excuse. Especially when Matt Ryan is praised for his work ethic. The answer is Ryan doesn't have an excuse, although most posters on this board will give him a pass.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda agree. He had the same deer in headlights look in Saturday's game that he had when he played Arizona in the playoffs a few years back. I thought he had gotten over that hump this year. To be fair, it wasn't just him, it was the whole team. However, it starts with Ryan.

O.k., so ALL we hear is how much Matt Ryan is a student of the game and how much he looks at tape, and how much he studies. He has a good o-line in front of him, a Pro Bowl receiver, and he has a Pro Bowl Tight End. Yet he can't win 1 playoff game, just win 1 time in the post season.

However, Vick not only won in the post season, he won without a good o-line and without a pro bowl caliber receiver. Oh, and he did it although he admitted he didn't give 100% while playing with the Falcons.

So if Mike Vick can win in the postseason on less than 100% effort, with less tools than Matt Ryan, what is Matt Ryan's excuse. Especially when Matt Ryan is praised for his work ethic. The answer is Ryan doesn't have an excuse, although most posters on this board will give him a pass.

I wonder if he was trying the other day when he lost the PLAYOFF game for the Eagles.

Vick also didn't give us three winning season in consective years. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Vick benefit from Warrick Dunn, T.J.Duckett, and Alge Crumpler back in 2005???

Ive always said this. Vick is 10 times better than Ryan anyone that tries to even argue that is a fool. YES EVEN BETTER AS A FALCON THAN RYAN.

They use the excuse 3 winning seasons. When Vick wouldve had back to back winning seasons if he didnt get injured in the pre season in 03" When he came back he won most of the games left and only lost one.

Vicks 3rd season as our starter HE GOT US TO THE NFC GAME. RYANS 3RD SEASON HE GOT US BLOWN OUT SO BAD IN THE DOME THAT THE FANS LEFT BY THE HALF. Therefore thats 2 PLAYOFF WINS IN HIS FIRST 3 SEASONS AS OUR STARTER. I'D MUCH RATHER HAVE THAT THAN A WINNING SEASON AND BE 0-2 in the playoffs LIKE RYAN

Thirdly Jim Mora was not a good coach. Us getting to the NFC was all Vick and not mora. Mora failed at two franchises. He failed here and in Seattle.

They brag about our winning seasons when Ryan has had nothing but easy schedules every since hes been here. When teams shut down our run game Ryan cant carry this team unless its a team under 500. that we are playing. What good are winning seasons if your QB cant even win ONE playoff game in 3 seasons with a ton of weapons.

Edited by atlhomey

Why are you jokers so intent on comparing our current 3-year veteran QB to a 10-year veteran QB who is on another team?

Living in the past means not being able to enjoy the future.

Why you guys try your damnest to make a martyr out of a fool that f'd his own future up is pretty dang amazing. Tearing down Ryan isn't going to turn back time.

Ive always said this. Vick is 10 times better than Ryan anyone that tries to even argue that is a fool. YES EVEN BETTER AS A FALCON THAN RYAN.

They use the excuse 3 winning seasons. When Vick wouldve had back to back winning season if he didnt get injured in the pre season in 03" When he came back he won most of the games left and only lost one.

Vicks 3rd season as our starter HE GOT US TO THE NFC GAME. RYANS 3RD SEASON HE GOT US BLOWN OUT SO BAD IN THE DOME THAT THE FANS LEFT BY THE HALF. Therefore thats 2 PLAYOFF WINS IN HIS FIRST 3 SEASONS AS OUR STARTER. I'D MUCH RATHER HAVE THAT THAN A WINNING SEASON AND BE 0-2 in the playoffs LIKE RYAN

Thirdly Jim Mora was not a good coach. Us getting to the NFC was all Vick and not mora. Mora failed at two franchises. He failed here and in Seattle.

They brag about our winning seasons when Ryan has had nothing but easy schedules every since hes been here. When teams shut down our run game Ryan cant carry this team unless its a team under 500. What good is a winning season if your QB cant even win ONE playoff game in 3 seasons with a ton of weapons.

:lol::lol: I was waiting for you to appear. Nothing like a Ryan suck thread that make you magically show up. If all else fails, you definitely add entertainment.

They use the excuse 3 winning seasons. When Vick wouldve had back to back winning seasons if he didnt get injured in the pre season in 03" When he came back he won most of the games left and only lost one.

They brag about our winning seasons when Ryan has had nothing but easy schedules every since hes been here. When teams shut down our run game Ryan cant carry this team unless its a team under 500. that we are playing. What good are winning seasons if your QB cant even win ONE playoff game in 3 seasons with a ton of weapons.

How can you use the arguement of three winning season? Tell me what exactly happen after that 2005 that made Vick so incredible. I mean go ahead I have time...I am on lunch. We went 11-5, 8-8, 7-9 those following seasons and from there he was rushed off to prison. From what I show Vick couldn't beat teams with his arm, he couldn't read defenses, and the only thing that made him special was his mobility. How could we know if the o-line was any good if he was always using the option for himself. Please he can't be all that special, shyte he lost to Green Bay on his field.

:unsure: leaving....

Atlhomey, if you hate Ryan so much and are all over Vick's jockstrap why don't you do all of us and yourself a favor and join the Eagles message boards and root for the Eagles. Ryan is going to be a Falcon for a very looooong time get use to it!!

Ryan is OUR franchise QB of OUR team.

Go Falcons!

Why are you jokers so intent on comparing our current 3-year veteran QB to a 10-year veteran QB who is on another team?

Living in the past means not being able to enjoy the future.

Why you guys try your damnest to make a martyr out of a fool that f'd his own future up is pretty dang amazing. Tearing down Ryan isn't going to turn back time.

He probably thought that the comparing the franchise's two best QBs, on the field, was a good idea. But, maybe he was wrong. Montana and Young....Theisman and D. Williams... B)

I wonder if he was trying the other day when he lost the PLAYOFF game for the Eagles.

You know what's funny, outside of that game v. Philly in the last game of the regular season before the drama really heated up. He always seems to be giving 100% on the field. I too don't buy Vick not giving his all in Atlanta. I just know he didn't do what other successful QB's do in terms of preparation and practice. This whole Vick not giving 100% was used to death by Vick fans and ones who hate him. Vick fans use it to say Vick is way superior to Ryan and Vick haters use it to say Vick quit on the franchise. Both just isn't the case. Ryan is a better passer than Vick. Vick might always have and been a better player but not superior like Vick fans will say. Vick never quit on the franchise, Vick haters need to quit saying that and he was an elite player for us even if his passing was less than good. He broke NFL records and it seemed like we had a chance to win any game with Vick. Both sides need to make up and shut up. I am sick of both sides right now. Every day, five different new threads with a lot of b!tching on both sides. It's sad. I think we need to make a sub-forum. Vick and Ryan fans Forum. That way they can battle everyday about silly sh!t. Vick fans can say Vick the Greatest ever, Ryan fans can say Ryan is better than Peyton Manning and other silly stuff like that.

Edited by #1 pick

He probably thought that the comparing the franchise's two best QBs, on the field, was a good idea. But, maybe he was wrong. Montana and Young....Theisman and D. Williams... B)

Nice try, but I would buy that argument if he would actually use any other QB besides Vick in each of his arguments regarding Ryan.

How can you use the arguement of three winning season? Tell me what exactly happen after that 2005 that made Vick so incredible. I mean go ahead I have time...I am on lunch. We went 11-5, 8-8, 7-9 those following seasons and from there he was rushed off to prison. From what I show Vick couldn't beat teams with his arm, he couldn't read defenses, and the only thing that made him special was his mobility. How could we know if the o-line was any good if he was always using the option for himself. Please he can't be all that special, shyte he lost to Green Bay on his field.

Do you realize how bad our defense was in 05" and 06"? Warrick Dunn was no longer in his prime and was getting old for a RB. Do you remember that? I remember that season we played the Giants and Warrick ran the ball from the 20 yrd line and took it all the way to the house but he looked very slow and winded before he even got there. He never took another one to the house after that . That season we went 7-9 our defense was even worse i remember the last game of that season. Carolina kept running a wildcat play over and over again and our defense couldnt stop it. Yeah thats Vick fault huh? Not to mention Mora was a horrible coach.

Atlhomey, if you hate Ryan so much and are all over Vick's jockstrap why don't you do all of us and yourself a favor and join the Eagles message boards and root for the Eagles. Ryan is going to be a Falcon for a very looooong time get use to it!!

Ryan is OUR franchise QB of OUR team.

Go Falcons!

why are you making the "assumption" that he is a ryan hater????You cant find a legit answer to answer this man's post, so you decide to throw in a bone...smh.

You know what's funny, outside of that game v. Philly in the last game of the regular season before the drama really heated up. He always seems to be giving 100% on the field. I too don't buy Vick not giving his all in Atlanta. I just know he didn't do what other successful QB's do in terms of preparation and practice. This whole Vick not giving 100% was used to death by Vick fans and ones who hate him.

Ummmm...He said as much IN HIS OWN WORDS.

why are you making the "assumption" that he is a ryan hater????You cant find a legit answer to answer this man's post, so you decide to throw in a bone...smh.

hahaha is that even a serious question?!?!

Obviously he's still bitter at the fact that Vick is no longer a Falcon and that the Falcons are actually a more successful team with Ryan running the Offense

You know what's funny, outside of that game v. Philly in the last game of the regular season before the drama really heated up. He always seems to be giving 100% on the field. I too don't buy Vick not giving his all in Atlanta. I just know he didn't do what other successful QB's do in terms of preparation and practice. This whole Vick not giving 100% was used to death by Vick fans and ones who hate him. Vick fans use it to say Vick is way superior to Ryan and Vick haters use it to say Vick quit on the franchise. Both just isn't the case. Ryan is a better passer than Vick. Vick might always have and been a better player but not superior like Vick fans will say. Vick never quit on the franchise, Vick haters need to quit saying that and he was an elite player for us even if his passing was less than good. He broke NFL records and it seemed like we had a chance to win any game with Vick. Both sides need to make up and shut up. I am sick of both sides right now. Every day, five different new threads with a lot of b!tching on both sides. It's sad. I think we need to make a sub-forum. Vick and Ryan fans Forum. That way they can battle everyday about silly sh!t. Vick fans can say Vick the Greatest ever, Ryan fans can say Ryan is better than Peyton Manning and other silly stuff like that.

Youre wrong. Ryan is not a better passer than Vick. Vicks completion pct is 63% Ryans is 62 % Ryans Qb rating is 91 Vicks is 100%

Ryan couldnt hold Vicks jock strap. The reason vick started running so much at the end of the season was because the whole right side of his offensive line are third stringers and kept getting beat so Vick had to run for his life. It wasnt no Vick reverting back to atlanta Vick like the media claimed. Everytime he snapped the ball a defender was already in his back field. Yet he stilll won games and he had a horrible defense

Edited by atlhomey