What Thomas Dimitroff had to say

I just listened to TD talk to the guys on 790 the zone he said he wants an explosive offense. He said he will be looking at players through FA and the draft that would round out our offense and defense. He also said he is willing to package picks to trade up in the draft in order to attain explosive players.

He clearly will be targeting one of the key WR's in free agency (VJax,Sidney Rice,Malcom Floyd etc.)

He wants to find a Troy Polamalu type of defensive player that can take the game over.

I feel that TD is going for it all this offseason and we're gonna spend big.

Linkage

I cant wait till Feb. 29th!

Edited by The Dude Abides

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man this is great news, we all now with need to add more speed to our offense. Our defense tho they got abused by the Packers is improving, we need a couple of pieces on defense to help us out. I am excited about next season. We will be back in the playoffs again and this time we will win it.

The instant replay is up.

790 TheZone Instant Replay

Edited by bighurt

I can't wait til this off season, he will work his magic and the route he will take is definitely up in the air. I believe this draft will be like the 08 one, which was very good. He will find us some playmakers. Mainly I believe at the DE, WR, CB (maybe S since he said that about Troy), RB, and TE spot.

I've been thinking this might be the year that he gets 2 free agents and/or trades up in the draft. Hearing this makes me think it might really happen.

This is a weak draft class and we need playmakers so we should go after 2 free agents. Also, trade up and get a rookie who can make an impact and we will have 3 key pieces.

Of course a lot depends on the new CBA. Can anybody tell me if we can only sign a FA if we lose one. I know it depends on how far you go in the playoffs. We will probably lose some FA's so it probably wont matter, but I'm just wondering. Of course it could all change when they work out the new agreement.

Brian Finneran said yesterday that he thought Harry Douglas was underutilized and that he is going to be a great player. I wonder how TD feels about Mularkey not using HD more. We have been hearing TD talk about explosive players more than any other thing and Mularkey doesn't really like to run explosive plays. Maybe if he has the right guys he will.

Of course a lot depends on the new CBA. Can anybody tell me if we can only sign a FA if we lose one. I know it depends on how far you go in the playoffs. We will probably lose some FA's so it probably wont matter, but I'm just wondering. Of course it could all change when they work out the new agreement.

I think that was actually part of the previous CBA to encourage owners and players to come to an agreement.

I don't know what's going to happen or even if there will be a free agency if there's no CBA.

i agree there i only on Troy P.

But there is Ed Reed, Eric Berry, etc.

with that said, It will be hard to find a guy better than William Moore.

What he did in his first season was fantastic. Only Eric Berry was better this year as a first year safety.

He could become that Troy P guy next season, if he is used right!

I would love to see TD go and get him another #1 WR!

Even if he is drafted. Remember, GB built the best WR sorps in the NFL over 2-3 drafts.

We did not finish in the final four teams so we are not limited as to the amount of players we can sign. that is for only the confrence championship game teams, unless something changes in the new bargaining agreement....

I like this news, the only question I have is do we have enough firepower in the draft to trade up to get the guy we want....

i agree there i only on Troy P.

But there is Ed Reed, Eric Berry, etc.

with that said, It will be hard to find a guy better than William Moore.

What he did in his first season was fantastic. Only Eric Berry was better this year as a first year safety.

He could become that Troy P guy next season, if he is used right!

I would love to see TD go and get him another #1 WR!

Even if he is drafted. Remember, GB built the best WR sorps in the NFL over 2-3 drafts.

I don't think the safties are the problem.... I think it's the scheme.

That zone crap combined with no pressure against a good QB will get us killed... and it seems like we never changed what we did from game to game with the exception of the 2nd Saints game.

I just listened to TD talk to the guys on 790 the zone he said he wants an explosive offense. He said he will be looking at players through FA and the draft that would round out our offense and defense. He also said he is willing to package picks to trade up in the draft in order to attain explosive players.

He clearly will be targeting one of the key WR's in free agency (VJax,Sidney Rice,Malcom Floyd etc.)

He wants to find a Troy Polamalu type of defensive player that can take the game over.

I feel that TD is going for it all this offseason and we're gonna spend big.

Linkage

I cant wait till Feb. 29th!

I cant knock his work ethic, Made me smile when he said he was looking at the draft board as he spoke, and that he wasnt going to Hawaii with the rest of those bums

VJax and Floyd are not explosive WR's they are in an explosive offense, made to isolate one or the other and of course the height makes them a difficult tackle and difficult to defend

Sidney Rice can be explosive but he can be injured as well, It would be asinine for Leslie to let him go because Rice and percy should be a good duo for years to come.

Doesnt matter how many "explosive" players we get on offense if we have the bomb squad captain running it.........

@32wood We are not getting AJ Green, The man would have to package half of this years draft and the next

Nnamdi wants to play for the Jets, I dont know if that will happen because Cromartie just solidified his value, but I dont see him in Atlanta, just my opinion.

Defensively,We need a playmaker AND a leader, period.Thats two different players needed in my opinion, you get lucky if you can find them both in one.

And somebody that BVG can trust to make the sack or atleast get in the backfield when he calls the blitz, so he can continue to call them and not be flushed into calling the soft zone and watch the game walk away......

Where do all these players come from?, I dont see it happening in one years draft and free agency, but I put my hope in TD

green bay isnt explosive??

The word "explosive" is the most over used expression in football. The Packers did not "explode" on us. They marched up the field five times in a row and scored, once they were in the red zone.

Our defense needs the most urgent help. They must force more three-and-outs. They can not continue to let teams march down the field into our red zone.

So, yeah, fast guys making offensive plays are fun to watch. But, defense wins championships. Let's take care of that first.

One of our biggest FA acquistions was Tony Gonzalez who didn't have a pass come his way until midway through the 3rd quarter in the biggest game of the season. Speedy receivers do nothing if all you want to do is "establish the run"..we were offensively and defensively "outschemed" once again.