BRIGHT LIGHTS MELTS "MATTY ICE"

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did I accuse you of having an agenda? If you're getting annoyed, that's your problem. I'm not the only one who has an issue with the way you're trying to frame your little issue with Ryan. I'm just letting you know that your reasoning is flawed and leading.

Last time I checked, football is a team game. Everyone has to work together as a unit. I will say that it's unfair how a QB gets all the praise when things go right and all the blame when things go wrong.

You accused me of one thing or the other in each of these posts: #2, 9, 13, 39 and 71...Again, I'm simply stating that Ryan wasn't stellar. Ryan has nothing to do with the defense. You refuse to see that Ryan was subpar in the biggest game of his career thus far.

I think we all know that most of the Ryan apologists are basically idiots. I don't even think they love Ryan. I think that they hate Vick so much that Ryan is their white knight and armor for them and he's their answer to Vick. As ******** as it sounds, we are talking about idiotic racist buffoons who well, don't have much common sense.

I said it once and I'll said it again. Go to any message board. Anytime their QB plays bad, black or white, everyone complains. Peyton, Eli, Tom Brady, Garrard, Vick, Alex Smith, Schaub, VY, Favre, etc. But on the Falcons forum, it's like you will get accused of not being a fan by some dumb b@stard. We have some of the worst fans in the NFL on this site. It creates terrible posters who are heavily on one side or the other. I rather just talk about what we need to improve on as a team and the improvements individuals need to make. It's simple as that. Good post FalconinPA.

This is the MOST accurate description of these boards that I have ever seen posted on this message board.

You accused me of one thing or the other in each of these posts: #2, 9, 13, 39 and 71...Again, I'm simply stating that Ryan wasn't stellar. Ryan has nothing to do with the defense. You refuse to see that Ryan was subpar in the biggest game of his career thus far.

I haven't absolved Ryan of his mistakes in this game, I'm just not buying your argument that his play was the sole catalyst for our lop-sided loss.

I haven't absolved Ryan of his mistakes in this game, I'm just not buying your argument that his play was the sole catalyst for our lop-sided loss.

What you refuse to understand is that I'm not making an arguement that his play is the sole catalyst for our lopsided loss. You're in some serious denial... :mellow:

You can't argue that Ryan didn't play his best game, but show me one Falcon player that did. That was the worst all around game I have watched them play in a while. Turnovers, penalties, terrible tackling, it was just a completely terrible performance by everyone. Sure, you can single out Ryan if you want and say that he was "subpar" because he is the QB, but to be completely honest, I think you can say the exact same thing about every single player and coach for the Falcons.

But, hey, it happens. Try to stay positive and remember where this franchise was three years ago. I would like to think that they will only get better moving forward....

What you refuse to understand is that I'm not making an arguement that his play is the sole catalyst for our lopsided loss. You're in some serious denial... :mellow:

"Those INTs absolutely deflated the team..."

I didn't make that posting. You did. First one, too...

I don't know how else to read that other than those two INTs were the starting point for a rout. Sounds like you're blaming one guy to me. Everyone seems to be taking it that way was well. You just don't like being challenged.

You can't argue that Ryan didn't play his best game, but show me one Falcon player that did. That was the worst all around game I have watched them play in a while. Turnovers, penalties, terrible tackling, it was just a completely terrible performance by everyone. Sure, you can single out Ryan if you want and say that he was "subpar" because he is the QB, but to be completely honest, I think you can say the exact same thing about every single player and coach for the Falcons.

But, hey, it happens. Try to stay positive and remember where this franchise was three years ago. I would like to think that they will only get better moving forward....

Ryan has a little trouble when the lights are their brightest. That's what this thread is about. He's the General of our offense, yet and still, he hasn't figured out a way to beat the defenses that he's faced in the big games and the sooner you realize that you won't be so disappointed when the obvious is stated. It doesn't mean that I hate him, it means that he's not the player I thought we had right now.

"Those INTs absolutely deflated the team..."

I didn't make that posting. You did. First one, too...

I don't know how else to read that. Sounds like you're blaming one guy to me. Everyone seems to be taking it that way was well. You just don't like being challenged.

They did....back to back INTs absoluted deflated everything that we were trying to accomplish on offense...it's called two turn-overs, shift in momentum...that's a far cry from "blaming" Ryan....get real dude...There's plenty people in this post that agree with me...I love a challenge, but there's nothing to challenge here. I've even went so far to say that if I had to blame one person, it would be MM, but of course you never responded to that. -_-

Ryan has a little trouble when the lights are their brightest. That's what this thread is about. He's the General of our offense, yet and still, he hasn't figured out a way to beat the defenses that he's faced in the big games and the sooner you realize that you won't be so disappointed when the obvious is stated. It doesn't mean that I hate him, it means that he's not the player I thought we had right now.

No offense dude, but I am not disappointed about Ryan at all. I am extremely disappointed at how the entire team played. Last I checked, Matt Ryan is not the only player on the field, nor is he coaching this team. So to say that "he hasn't figured out a way to beat the defenses he's faced in the big games" is just shortsighted on your behalf. He is just one cog in the wheel, sure the biggest name of the cogs in the wheel, but still just one cog.

Just to put it in perspective for you, most folks would consider Tom Brady the best QB in the game right now. How did he look this past Sunday? There are a lot of Patriots' fans that are saying some of the same things about him that you are saying about Ryan right now, which, in my humble opinion, is borderline insane....

No offense dude, but I am not disappointed about Ryan at all. I am extremely disappointed at how the entire team played. Last I checked, Matt Ryan is not the only player on the field, nor is he coaching this team. So to say that "he hasn't figured out a way to beat the defenses he's faced in the big games" is just shortsighted on your behalf. He is just one cog in the wheel, sure the biggest name of the cogs in the wheel, but still just one cog.

Just to put it in perspective for you, most folks would consider Tom Brady the best QB in the game right now. How did he look this past Sunday? There are a lot of Patriots' fans that are saying some of the same things about him that you are saying about Ryan right now, which, in my humble opinion, is borderline insane....

Since you asked:

Ryan 22/29 186 yards, 1TD/2INTs

Brady 29/45 299 yards, 2TDs

299 and 2TDs is more normal for Brady than Ryan's 186 yards...

Since you asked:

Ryan 22/29 186 yards, 1TD/2INTs

Brady 29/45 299 yards, 2TDs

299 and 2TDs is more normal for Brady than Ryan's 186 yards...

I notice that you conveniently left out Brady's INT, his fumble, and the fact that he got sacked 5 times. Not to mention roughly 100 of Brady's yards and one of his TDs came in the fourth quarter when his team was down by two scores and the Jets were simply playing prevent. Nice try though....

Ask anybody that watched that game if that was a "normal" game for Brady, and they will look at you like you have two heads. ****, he even said as much in his press conference after the game.

The point is that every QB is going to have a bad game from time to time, even the best. A lot of that has to do with who he is playing against, and how well his coaches prepare him. To come on here claiming that Ryan "isn't the QB that we thought we had" is simply an overreaction on your part. But, hey, if that is your opinion, I can respect that. I don't agree with it, but I can respect it.

I notice that you conveniently left out Brady's INT, his fumble, and the fact that he got sacked 5 times. Not to mention roughly 100 of Brady's yards and one of his TDs came in the fourth quarter when his team was down by two scores and the Jets were simply playing prevent. Nice try though....

Ask anybody that watched that game if that was a "normal" game for Brady, and they will look at you like you have two heads. ****, he even said as much in his press conference after the game.

The point is that every QB is going to have a bad game from time to time, even the best. A lot of that has to do with who he is playing against, and how well his coaches prepare him. To come on here claiming that Ryan "isn't the QB that we thought we had" is simply an overreaction on your part. But, hey, if that is your opinion, I can respect that. I don't agree with it, but I can respect it.

Actually...I didn't look past this page:

My link

Besides, you brought up Brady....but you are correct that he threw an INT...

i think it can be attributed to the fact that we have no explosive players on offense (maybe Roddy?).

Oh yeah...I forgot...Roddy must be able to throw the ball to himself....or maybe he can audible out of a play...or maybe he can all up to MM and demand the ball like TO, Ocho and Moss-O.... :lol: Give me a break....

I just read the title of the thread, and umm...

3 years as a starter, 3 winning seasons, 2 playoff appearances, 1 division title...

I'd say he's doing pretty well so far.

You forgot zero playoff wins. Until that happens, nothing else matters. Keep spinning away if that makes you feel better.

I said the two INTs deflated the team...how is that emotionally based? Matt doesn't play well in big games....that's a fact. It has nothing to do with emotions.

If we went after Kevin Kolb this offseason and Trade Ryan. We wouldnt have this problem. We have a great team, just need a QB that doesnt look like a deer in the headlights in a big game.

Thanks and I appreciate your honesty. If they want to accuse me of being a Vick lover, that's fine, but mostly everyone that knows me knows I admire Ryan, but Ryan is the key to this offense and to throw one TD late in the game is not stellar to me. We're not a threat to beat anyone with our passing game...as of yet.

lol @ you a vick lover.

i think it can be attributed to the fact that we have no explosive players on offense (maybe Roddy?).

We have no explosive players on Offense ? HAHAHAHA MICHAEL VICK LAUGHS AT ALL OF THIS. When will the excuses for Ryan stop? This Kid was put in the best situation possible , with more weapons than Vick had. better coach,Yet he had 3 seasons to win a playoff game and failed every season. WE NEED TO GET KEVIN KOLB. He'll get us over the hump Ryan is not the answer. The sooner the front office realizes this. The Better.

Edited by atlhomey

If we went after Kevin Kolb this offseason and Trade Ryan. We wouldnt have this problem. We have a great team, just need a QB that doesnt look like a deer in the headlights in a big game.

one game... how did he do this season? what was his completion pct? what was his passer rating? how many TDs? how many Ints? what was his TD:INT ratio? what was his record as a starter?