BRIGHT LIGHTS MELTS "MATTY ICE"

This is what I have been trying to say for a while. We never, ever make any adjustments on offense or defense. If you can make adjustments, well you guys saw what happens when you don't make adjustments especially in the playoffs.

It was just a microcosm of things that have been brewing for the past 3 years. We are just a team that we think can go in and just win on lining up and beating the snot out of each other. Its pretty amazing Ryan does not throw more INTs because we do not attack teams weaknesses. We just continually come out and do the same things over and over again.

Defensively, our scheme is just too much of a bend BUT dont break defense. We play 10 yards off, no press, just allow the underneath stuff all night. Teams just dink and dunk and then set up double moves because we do not make adjustments...

I would always tell me my friends, we are not as good as our record says. Yes, we are winning and I cant say we werent lucky but we are not that good from a talent perspective....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd rather lose the way we did anyday than to be the Defending Superbowl Champs and get tossed by a 7-9 squad..... :lol::lol:

Really? you would. I knew it. Lets see you are at home, SAINTS on the Road. ok fair, Your team cant adjust = coaching, Crap for a qb. We didn't have a healthy rb, nor tightends, on the defense starters missing. But still not an excuse. I can go on with this, but doesn't matter does it.

Yea we lost. But we got the ring before You. And will have Two Before You.

Later on until next year.

post-550873-129536810883_thumb.jpeg

That's my point (playbook = offensive scheme) and Ryan turning the ball over to GB on consecutive drives to end the half is not a stellar performance by Ryan , but if you want to "nit-pick" at everything I say, it is your perogative.

The receiver falls downon one, and Ryan makes a bad decision on the other INT. You're one of the most emotional posters we have on this board. You should get a dog, because you sound lonely.

Really? you would. I knew it. Lets see you are at home, SAINTS on the Road. ok fair, Your team cant adjust = coaching, Crap for a qb. We didn't have a healthy rb, nor tightends, on the defense starters missing. But still not an excuse. I can go on with this, but doesn't matter does it.

Yea we lost. But we got the ring before You. And will have Two Before You.

Later on until next year.

Your ring came from charity....you barely make it in the playoffs and then get bounced by the Hawks...come on. I feel bad for you all. Seeing you lose to them completed by season...LOL!

The receiver falls downon one, and Ryan makes a bad decision on the other INT. You're one of the most emotional posters we have on this board. You should get a dog, because you sound lonely.

Ryan missed Jenkins way before he got in the endzone...did you not see and hear the commentator talk about Ryan was trying to do to much to manipulate the safety on that play, when all he had to do was throw it earlier? I sure did...

Hey Magic Man, I didn't see it that way. From what I saw Jenkins had his man beat from the jump and Ryan waited too late to throw it. And when he did throw it it hung in the air too long. But I suppose Jenkins did have a chance to catch if if he had not slipped. But to me it seemed that Ryan was taking the blame for the pass on the sidelines.

Hey Magic Man, I didn't see it that way. From what I saw Jenkins had his man beat from the jump and Ryan waited too late to throw it. And when he did throw it it hung in the air too long. But I suppose Jenkins did have a chance to catch if if he had not slipped. But to me it seemed that Ryan was taking the blame for the pass on the sidelines.

That's what I saw...

He tried to manipulate too much and was late on the throw and he put too much arch on it. Ryan TOOK the blame for it on the sidelines. He knew he missed. I think we take another step BACK if we do not get new coordinators....

Ryan took the blame for a lot of stuff. He must've said my fault at least three times that I could tell.

Jenks is 6-4, Tramon Williams is not. If he doesn't slip, he's there for the ball, but we're all looking for someone to blame, so logic is lost.

3 Touchdown drives lost the game? There are plenty of teams that one despite the QB throwing two interceptions. Defense gave up 42 points in 4 quarters. That in a nutshell is what lost the game.

So exactly what is the offense's job? The offense has to compete and they didn't. GBs defense confused and crippled our offense.

And GB offense confused and crippled our defense. So much so that they allowed 40+ points.

This post isn't about the Defense...if it was, then I'd put BVG on blast for Owens not being ready to go. GB exploited that. But this is about Matt Ryan subpar performance. 63.0+ passer rating has nothing to do with our defense....

This post isn't about the Defense...if it was, then I'd put BVG on blast for Owens not being ready to go. GB exploited that. But this is about Matt Ryan subpar performance. 63.0+ passer rating has nothing to do with our defense....

I guess it is just what and who you want to blame. There is plenty enough blame to go to and anemic offense and a atrocious defense. The thing is, it was a total team meltdown.

Edited by FalconinPA

I guess it is just what and who you want to blame. There is plenty enough blame to go to and anemic offense and a atrocious defense. The thing is, it was a total team meltdown.

Okay, if only if, I wanted to blame someone, it's Murlarkey for me. He rarely adjusts. I'm not blaming Matt for the lost, I'm saying that Matt didn't have a stellar game.

I already know what your post is about. It's about laying all the blame on Ryan for this loss and that's not a fair assessment.

The ball was thrown in front of Jenkins....6'4 and slipping has nothing to do with it. As you stated earlier, the ball was way late...

This is true as well

Okay, if only if, I wanted to blame someone, it's Murlarkey for me. He rarely never adjusts. I'm not blaming Matt for the lost, I'm saying that Matt didn't have a stellar game.

Fixed it for you

I am gonna have to agree with you. Those int's were very deflating, especially the pick 6 right before halftime. It sure is far from the reason we lost, but it definitely was one of the big pieces to the loss puzzle. I must warn you though, if you criticize Ryan for his horrible play, you are gonna be accused of being a Vick lover. I see in some of the threads it has already begun. I didn't see you mention his name once before I posted this. At least I didn't see it.

I think we all know that most of the Ryan apologists are basically idiots. I don't even think they love Ryan. I think that they hate Vick so much that Ryan is their white knight and armor for them and he's their answer to Vick. As ******** as it sounds, we are talking about idiotic racist buffoons who well, don't have much common sense.

I said it once and I'll said it again. Go to any message board. Anytime their QB plays bad, black or white, everyone complains. Peyton, Eli, Tom Brady, Garrard, Vick, Alex Smith, Schaub, VY, Favre, etc. But on the Falcons forum, it's like you will get accused of not being a fan by some dumb b@stard. We have some of the worst fans in the NFL on this site. It creates terrible posters who are heavily on one side or the other. I rather just talk about what we need to improve on as a team and the improvements individuals need to make. It's simple as that. Good post FalconinPA.

Edited by #1 pick

Based on what? Some hidden agenda? What more do I need to say? You are becoming annoying by attempting to make out to be someone that I'm not... :wacko:

Did I accuse you of having an agenda? If you're getting annoyed, that's your problem. I'm not the only one who has an issue with the way you're trying to frame your little issue with Ryan. I'm just letting you know that your reasoning is flawed and leading.

Last time I checked, football is a team game. Everyone has to work together as a unit. I will say that it's unfair how a QB gets all the praise when things go right and all the blame when things go wrong.