BRIGHT LIGHTS MELTS "MATTY ICE"

That's fine. I don't have a problem with sticking my opinion that back-to-back INTs just before the half, knowing that GB gets the ball after the half, had to be deflating.

I am gonna have to agree with you. Those int's were very deflating, especially the pick 6 right before halftime. It sure is far from the reason we lost, but it definitely was one of the big pieces to the loss puzzle. I must warn you though, if you criticize Ryan for his horrible play, you are gonna be accused of being a Vick lover. I see in some of the threads it has already begun. I didn't see you mention his name once before I posted this. At least I didn't see it.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am gonna have to agree with you. Those int's were very deflating, especially the pick 6 right before halftime. It sure is far from the reason we lost, but it definitely was one of the big pieces to the loss puzzle. I must warn you though, if you criticize Ryan for his horrible play, you are gonna be accused of being a Vick lover. I see in some of the threads it has already begun. I didn't see you mention his name once before I posted this. At least I didn't see it.

Thanks and I appreciate your honesty. If they want to accuse me of being a Vick lover, that's fine, but mostly everyone that knows me knows I admire Ryan, but Ryan is the key to this offense and to throw one TD late in the game is not stellar to me. We're not a threat to beat anyone with our passing game...as of yet.

Thanks and I appreciate your honesty. If they want to accuse me of being a Vick lover, that's fine, but mostly everyone that knows me knows I admire Ryan, but Ryan is the key to this offense and to throw one TD late in the game is not stellar to me. We're not a threat to beat anyone with our passing game...as of yet.

Ryan's 2 Ints in the 2 Qtr changed the game for us because one took points off the board and the other was a 10 point swing.

It completely changed what we could do offensively in the 2nd half because we had to abandon the run. With the way the defense was playing the offense needed to either score a TD every time we had the ball or we needed to control the clock and keep the ball out of Rogers hands. Once we were down by 14 with the Pack getting the ball back at the start of the 2nd half... it was over.

If the defensive coaches didn't get completely out-coached... again... then maybe those two ints would not have killed us.

Ryan's 2 Ints in the 2 Qtr changed the game for us because one took points off the board and the other was a 10 point swing.

It completely changed what we could do offensively in the 2nd half because we had to abandon the run. With the way the defense was playing the offense needed to either score a TD every time we had the ball or we needed to control the clock and keep the ball out of Rogers hands. Once we were down by 14 with the Pack getting the ball back at the start of the 2nd half... it was over.

If the defensive coaches didn't get completely out-coached... again... then maybe those two ints would not have killed us.

It got us out of our scheme soooooo fast...the defense couldn't get a breath...

FYI, Ryan first pass was an incompletion that was so out of character for him and the offense that I thought to myself, like....HUH???? :mellow:

People are saying Ryan didnt have his best day but why even call that same play and formation. Tramon Williams even said he knew what was coming because of the formation. That was dumb to cut off half the field, either kneel on it or kick the field. Came down to a bad decision by the OC coupled with a bad decision by Ryan...

People are saying Ryan didnt have his best day but why even call that same play and formation. Tramon Williams even said he knew what was coming because of the formation. That was dumb to cut off half the field, either kneel on it or kick the field. Came down to a bad decision by the OC coupled with a bad decision by Ryan...

+1 It seems like I always agree with you. It was a bad play call and a bad decision by Ryan. Troy Aikman was even in disbelief.

Ryan did have to throw that ball...I would think the last voice that Ryan was the OC saying, "If it's not there, don't throw it".... :mellow:

That's fine. I don't have a problem with sticking my opinion that back-to-back INTs just before the half, knowing that GB gets the ball after the half, had to be deflating.

Everyone I talk to says that when he threw that pick six they knew the game was over and so did I. Worst possible way to go into the half with them getting the ball back. Matty doesnt play defense but he certainly helped them on offense.

So what's your point exactly? Do you think Matt is a lost cause and should be cut or traded? Vick never lead us to 3 consecutive winning seasons. ****, no QB in history has ever done that for Atlanta. What is your point of all of this? What's your agenda?

I'd trade 3 winning seasons in a row for an actual playoff victory or a trip to nfc title game anyday. Its nice that we've had winning seasons 3 years in a row but they mean nothing if we're one and done every year in the playoffs. Will you still be happy if we have five winning season in a row and we lose our first game every time?

I believe people on the board is trying to find all reason to hate Matt Ryan because there really isn't nothing to talk about. Yes, those interception by Matt didn't help, but when your defense can't stop an offense then I believe that is the biggest problem. Defense wins championships!!!

I agree with you somewhat, but the defense saved our azz a few times this season when Ryan and Co. were having a hard time moving the ball. Now, everybody wants to blame the defense for it all. The offense could have put some long drives together to get the defense off the field. But, as we know that didn't happen. The way our offense is built, I knew once we lost the lead it was all but over.

Yes, I guess defenses do win championships, but the offense has to show signs of life in order to help win them. Trent Dilfer is a perfect example of this. He didn't do anything spectular in the super bowl win, but he made no mistakes.

Okay, perspective time.

If Matt Ryan doesn't throw any interceptions, do you honestly think we win that game?

No... Again I think Ryan is part of the reason we lost that game.

Based on the way the defense was playing the only way we could have won that game was by keeping the ball out of Rogers hands and controlling the clock with our running game.... and scoring a TD every time we had the ball.

It's extremely unfortunately but due to the way the defense was playing we could not recover from Ryan's 2 picks.

Do I blame Ryan for the loss? No. For me the blame starts DIRECTLY with BVG and the defensive game plan.... that we never deviated from... even when it became obvious we couldn't stop them.... Seriously if we would have blitzed every play in the 2nd half could the game have gotten any worse?

"Deflating" is when the defense had to go back on the field after Weems kickoff return for the TD knowing that they were all tired from not stopping GB on their previous TD drive.

There was positives and negatives in that entire game. My point is picking one player to blame for such a loss is too simplistic. Everyone sucked the big one, not just Ryan.

I'm not trying to argue or prove anything. We all saw the game. Ryan wasn't stellar from the very beginning and by the half, I was praying for a comeback, but for some reason MM hasn't exposed Ryan to that part of his "playbook."

The playbook did not matter. Trying to say the "scheme" caused the loss is just an easy out. That way, no one has to face the fact that Green Bay was far superior and that the Falcons defense has more holes than a screen door.

I agree with you somewhat, but the defense saved our azz a few times this season when Ryan and Co. were having a hard time moving the ball. Now, everybody wants to blame the defense for it all. The offense could have put some long drives together to get the defense off the field. But, as we know that didn't happen. The way our offense is built, I knew once we lost the lead it was all but over.

Yes, I guess defenses do win championships, but the offense has to show signs of life in order to help win them. Trent Dilfer is a perfect example of this. He didn't do anything spectular in the super bowl win, but he made no mistakes.

The offense couldnt string out long drives because we had no answers for what they were doing defensively. We never have a plan A or B. No adjustments are ever made and that goes on both sides of the ball.

I continue to contend that if we still add these speed guys, our O will still be generic and simplistic because of the coaching staff. We could now put the players in the best situation and try to create space for them.

The playbook did not matter. Trying to say the "scheme" caused the loss is just an easy out. That way, no one has to face the fact that Green Bay was far superior and that the Falcons defense has more holes than a screen door.

Oh wow! So the fact that we are very low on the totem pole for explosive plays (20+ yards downfield) can be attributed to what? :mellow:

The offense couldnt string out long drives because we had no answers for what they were doing defensively. We never have a plan A or B. No adjustments are ever made and that goes on both sides of the ball.

I continue to contend that if we still add these speed guys, our O will still be generic and simplistic because of the coaching staff. We could now put the players in the best situation and try to create space for them.

This is what I have been trying to say for a while. We never, ever make any adjustments on offense or defense. If you can't make adjustments, well you guys saw what happens when you don't make adjustments especially in the playoffs.

Edited by FalconinPA