BRIGHT LIGHTS MELTS "MATTY ICE"

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what you're actually trying to say is that those inside slants due to the defense playing 10 yards off the ball the entire game are due to two INTs? :huh:

How about Harvey Dahl not being fleet-footed enough to know how to block a stunt?

Plenty of blame to go around in this game other than Ryan's INTs, fella.

Those INTs absolutely deflated the team... mellow.gif

It certainly didn't help, but even with the two picks in the first half if our team doesn't have what it takes to overcome 14 points for an entire 30 minutes in the second half we have many more issues than two first half picks.

I think the opening 2nd half TD drive by the Packers was the defining moment. It was for me!

like I said in another thread, I'm not for blaming Ryan for a loss, but I'm not for giving him complete credit for a win either. people need to assess their whole comprehension of the game, especially the win/loss stat. if we win in NO, Matt Ryan is undefeated at home, even though the defense would've won that game for us

It certainly didn't help, but even with the two picks in the first half if our team doesn't have what it takes to overcome 14 points for an entire 30 minutes in the second half we have many more issues than two first half picks.

I think the opening 2nd half TD drive by the Packers was the defining moment. It was for me!

Nah..not for me...it was definately the 2nd INT that went for sick. That's when people started leaving the Dome.

So you disagree with the fact that he wasn't stellar? Yeah, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I disgree with most of your opinions since they're usually not logically-based and emotionally-driven.

I'm not absolving Matt of his mistakes, but to say that two INTs were the catalyst for that loss is silly.

Nah..not for me...it was definately the 2nd INT that went for sick. That's when people started leaving the Dome.

You do know that INT happened as the time expired in the 1st half??? People always leave at half (bathroom, beer, food, etc), and it takes them a while to get back in their seats in the 3rd qtr. I don't know if you were at the game ( I was ) and the Dome was full in the 3rd qtr so your statement doesn't make any sense. Now, when they went up 42-14 people started leaving, but that was at the beginning of the 4th qtr.

I disgree with most of your opinions since they're usually not logically-based and emotionally-driven.

I'm not absolving Matt of his mistakes, but to say that two INTs were the catalyst for that loss is silly.

I said the two INTs deflated the team...how is that emotionally based? Matt doesn't play well in big games....that's a fact. It has nothing to do with emotions.

You do know that INT happened as the time expired in the 1st half??? People always leave at half (bathroom, beer, food, etc), and it takes them a while to get back in their seats in the 3rd qtr. I don't know if you were at the game ( I was ) and the Dome was full in the 3rd qtr so your statement doesn't make any sense. Now, when they went up 42-14 people started leaving, but that was at the beginning of the 4th qtr.

I was going by the interview from the News....11Alive said that a lot of people filed out after at the half. Perhaps it was them going to the restroom...I'm just telling you what the news reported.

I said the two INTs deflated the team...how is that emotionally based? Matt doesn't play well in big games....that's a fact. It has nothing to do with emotions.

If you can't prove that it did, then it qualifies as an illogical statement of opinion, not a fact.

The defense allowing the Pack offense to score over 40+ points is a fact. And the last time I checked, Matt doesn't play defense and defense wins championships.

If you can't prove that it did, then it qualifies as an illogical statement of opinion, not a fact.

The defense allowing the Pack offense to score over 40+ points is a fact. And the last time I checked, Matt doesn't play defense and defense wins championships.

I'm not trying to argue or prove anything. We all saw the game. Ryan wasn't stellar from the very beginning and by the half, I was praying for a comeback, but for some reason MM hasn't exposed Ryan to that part of his "playbook."

I'm not trying to argue or prove anything. We all saw the game. Ryan wasn't stellar from the very beginning and by the half, I was praying for a comeback, but for some reason MM hasn't exposed Ryan to that part of his "playbook."

A MM-led offense isn't built to overcome big point spreads. Period. I don't think it has anything to do with the playbook.

I was going by the interview from the News....11Alive said that a lot of people filed out after at the half. Perhaps it was them going to the restroom...I'm just telling you what the news reported.

Don't believe everything you hear on the news buddy.... I remember all the "NEWS" saying Mike Vick wasn't gonna be indicted, he was innocent, and then boom, he ends up in jail!!! I will put up a picture for you from the 3rd qtr of the game and prove it to you that the dome was full!!! But like Statick said, Matt Ryan doesn't play defense!!! His INT's did cost us valuable points, agreed, but IMO, the GB drive that started the 3 qtr (It took 7 1/2 minutes) deflated our team!!! We couldn't stop anybody on Saturday Night!!!

A MM-led offense isn't built to overcome big point spreads. Period. I don't think it has anything to do with the playbook.

That's my point (playbook = offensive scheme) and Ryan turning the ball over to GB on consecutive drives to end the half is not a stellar performance by Ryan , but if you want to "nit-pick" at everything I say, it is your perogative.

Don't believe everything you hear on the news buddy.... I remember all the "NEWS" saying Mike Vick wasn't gonna be indicted, he was innocent, and then boom, he ends up in jail!!! I will put up a picture for you from the 3rd qtr of the game and prove it to you that the dome was full!!! But like Statick said, Matt Ryan doesn't play defense!!! His INT's did cost us valuable points, agreed, but IMO, the GB drive that started the 3 qtr (It took 7 1/2 minutes) deflated our team!!! We couldn't stop anybody on Saturday Night!!!

That's fine. I don't have a problem with sticking my opinion that back-to-back INTs just before the half, knowing that GB gets the ball after the half, had to be deflating.

That's my point (playbook = offensive scheme) and Ryan turning the ball over to GB on consecutive drives to end the half is not a stellar performance by Ryan , but if you want to "nit-pick" at everything I say, it is your perogative.

So what's your point exactly? Do you think Matt is a lost cause and should be cut or traded? Vick never lead us to 3 consecutive winning seasons. ****, no QB in history has ever done that for Atlanta. What is your point of all of this? What's your agenda?

like I said in another thread, I'm not for blaming Ryan for a loss, but I'm not for giving him complete credit for a win either. people need to assess their whole comprehension of the game, especially the win/loss stat. if we win in NO, Matt Ryan is undefeated at home, even though the defense would've won that game for us

+1, I totally agree

So what's your point exactly? Do you think Matt is a lost cause and should be cut or traded? Vick never lead us to 3 consecutive winning seasons. ****, no QB in history has ever done that for Atlanta. What is your point of all of this? What's your agenda?

My point is Matt is not stellar in big games. It's that simple.

That was by far his worst game as a Pro.

As a matter of fact in his last 2 'big games' Ryan was not impressive at all.

But the overall team performance in the playoff game was complete garbage and unacceptable. One team showed up ready to play and it looked like the other team thought it was a pre-season game. Blame goes all around but it starts first and foremost with the coaches.

Now that I've had time to think about it... it seemed like we may have gone with the exact same defensive gameplan that we used against the Packers in the regular season... and surprise... it didn't work the 2nd time around.... At least we changed things up defensively when we played the Saints.