The most telling stat from the GB game

Rev_Hal

Masthay, Tim GB Punter - 0 punts for 0 yards.

Why are people blasting Ryan and the offense? They were bad, but nowhere near the reason we lost. We made GB fumble on 1 drive, and never stopped them afterwards.

With the CBA in the air, free agency may not even occur this year. We need to address this defense!

Rev, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. A lot of our "fans" honestly just don't have a clue. Blaming Ryan for the loss is kinda like blaming rats for the black plague. I think we had the ball what? Three times the first half. It might have been four. Rodgers had 5 drives of greater than 80 yards that resulted in points. This game was a monumental failure that started with the defense.

Ryan is not without blame, but really when you give up over 450 yards to team and let them have more than 10 minutes time of possession more than you, you're gonna lose.

Our defense took a huge step back. Everyone of them, without a doubt.

our defense sucked - that put the onus on teh offense, and they did not come through

Ryan was not the only blame, but he sure picked a bad time to have his worst game - the two interceptions were huge - if we kick field goals on those drives, we go into half time down 21-20, not 28-14 - and the interceptions are clearly on Ryan

put me in the camp that says there is plenty of blame to go around

Why are people blasting Ryan and the offense? They were bad, but nowhere near the reason we lost. We made GB fumble on 1 drive, and never stopped them afterwards.

With the CBA in the air, free agency may not even occur this year. We need to address this defense!

100% in concurrence!

The Falcons offense shares some blame but this same offense won many games this season with similar performances when they stayed close and then pulled out the game in the 4th quarter. But even with a quality offensive performance all around, we still lose this game by a wide margin due to our baffling inability to even force a punt! This was not just a bad defensive performance...this was a colossal and incomprehensible defensive failure to such a degree one MUST question the ability of our defensive coaches!

Edited by Quarterback

our defense sucked - that put the onus on teh offense, and they did not come through

Ryan was not the only blame, but he sure picked a bad time to have his worst game - the two interceptions were huge - if we kick field goals on those drives, we go into half time down 21-20, not 28-14 - and the interceptions are clearly on Ryan

put me in the camp that says there is plenty of blame to go around

I gotta disagree. The second pick was purely on Ryan and Roddy.(i add Roddy in there b/c Finneran was on 680 yesterday saying Roddy was off the mark and deepened the route when he shouldn't have and Ryan threw it behind him). More Ryan than Roddy. the first one was on Jenkins and a good play by the DB. Jenk was open and Ryan made the right read and decision. He threw the ball up there high, giving Jenkins a shot to use his height to go up and get it. Jenks just slipped and fell, not Ryan's fault.

I couldn't agree with you more REV! On this one, you are right on the money. The 21 points scored by our "beloved" and "blessed" offense should've been enough to beat the Green Bay's Offense. Everytime the defense gave the offense the ball, 7 pts were attached to it, so our offense probably felt like it was no use in trying to score since the defense couldn't stop them. -_-

I agree we need defense, however I would really like to see some veterans come in here. I am alway for building through the draft, but this team is very young, and we need to fill some holes now.

Not sure what the free agent class looks like at this point, but I am hoping we have some options.

Isn't it fair to blast both?

I couldn't agree with you more REV! On this one, you are right on the money. The 21 points scored by our "beloved" and "blessed" offense should've been enough to beat the Green Bay's Offense. Everytime the defense gave the offense the ball, 7 pts were attached to it, so our offense probably felt like it was no use in trying to score since the defense couldn't stop them. -_-

The offense actually only scored 2 TDs.......and gave up 1 TD.

So.....the offense really sucked bad too.

I gotta disagree. The second pick was purely on Ryan and Roddy.(i add Roddy in there b/c Finneran was on 680 yesterday saying Roddy was off the mark and deepened the route when he shouldn't have and Ryan threw it behind him). More Ryan than Roddy.

That would make it 100% Roddy and 0% Ryan.

These are timing routes. The QB thows it to a spot before the receiver makes his cut. It is the job of the receiver to be in the spot.

Ryan did his job. Threw it to the spot at the correct moment.

Roddy did not do his job. He was not in the correct spot at the required moment.

Had Roddy run his route correctly (and been in the correct spot), he would have been in front of the defender (blocking him out from the ball) and the interception would have neve occurred (in fact, it would have been a 5 yard reception).

This is a litmus test for people that know something about football. That's why Finneran (who actually knows what he is talking about) said it was Roddy's fault. Those that don't know football are putting the blame on Ryan.

At least one good thing is comming from this play, we're finding out who does and doesn't know football.