Gonna Be Taking a Long Break From the Boards, Folks...

Supes™

Don't get me wrong. I am still and always will be a Falcons fan. As far as that game Saturday night, there's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, so I have nothing to add except I know we're in good hands and our future remains very bright. That, of course, is just my opinion. Others may beg to differ but hey, I've been on these boards for about 7 years now and I know how it rolls.

I had a real blast cartooning for y'all this past season, road bumps aside. It was a ton of fun and I truly do appreciate the folks in here that are fans of my work and have supported my efforts for the past 3 1/2 seasons. I feel like my technique has improved and I can say that I've learned a lot about digital art. There's a lot more to learn, though, and it all requires time.

I won't be doing any off season cartoons this year. My contract has expired with the Falcons and there's just not enough good subject matter during the off season to keep it interesting for me. I did once-a-month off season 'toons last year and it was a real stretch trying to come up with something good. I like to specialize in weekly seasonal smack-downs and this past season was a lot of fun with the weekly cartoon contest. Some of my very best efforts to date came from your ideas, and I'd like to do that again if the front office sees fit to offer me another contract when the 2011 season rolls around,...if it rolls around (CBA). Heck, even the Mod came up with a classic idea for the last regular season game! :D

I'd also like to add how proud I was for all of you that put the HSA over the top in 2010. That means all of you that donated money and/or voted in the polls as well as BCEagle, Gritz and Jay Adams. Our winning players evidently got a real kick out of it and I sincerely hope that it will be something that will continue for many seasons to come.

Like I said, I've been an active member of these boards for a long time. The boards can be addictive, and I shudder to think how many total hours I've spent in here over the past 7 or so years. Probably enough to learn Chinese, reinvent the wheel, or maybe cure cancer. I think now is a real good time for me to take an extended break and put that time towards things that can be more productive for me at this time, like working to become a more accomplished artist, getting more exercise, reading more, etc. A football season is short indeed, but life can be even shorter.

So, my friends, I'll see ya in here when the 2011 season (hopefully) rolls around and until then take care, be good, God bless and GO FALCONS!!!

Falco & Supes~

2ai32he.jpg

Guest atl.falcon4ever

I really enjoyed your work and all the time you put into these boards. They are addictive, so I see were you are coming from. Hope to see you the next season whether that be next year or the year after. Take care my friend, and know you will be missed. Hopefully we all can get some much needed exercise, esprcially on Sundays. :) You did a great job, and if my recommendation means anything, feel free to hit me up and I'll give it. You have a lot of talent and just like the Falcons, you are on the way to the top. May not be the prettiest or easy way, but you and the Falcons will get there. Feel free to stop by from time to time though, especially if you got some good work to share with us.

Good luck,

atl.falcon4ever

Guest Regular Guy

Thanks for what you did for us this year as every year, Mark. You're skillz are amazing and you are a BIG part of the Family here! I say that you and Tandy are at the head of the table around here! Enjoy your time off, I'll be keeping an eye out for ya say around August??

Like I said, I've been an active member of these boards for a long time. The boards can be addictive, and I shudder to think how many total hours I've spent in here over the past 7 or so years. Probably enough to learn Chinese, reinvent the wheel, or maybe cure cancer. I think now is a real good time for me to take an extended break and put that time towards things that can be more productive for me at this time, like working to become a more accomplished artist, getting more exercise, reading more, etc. A football season is short indeed, but life can be even shorter.

I know what you mean Supes. These boards can be addictive and I also feel that I spend way too much time on here, that could be spent more productively.

One of the worst things about the NFL, is the short season and long off-season. It's so easy to end up wishing your life away, as you pass time until the next season starts. If we could click our fingers right now and make it September 2011 and week 1 of next season, I bet most of us would do so.

Have a great break, but please make sure you come back. You are one of the posters that make this such a great board, and this place wouldn't be the same without your HSA, Falco Cartoons and other contributions.

2ai32he.jpg

I haven't logged on to this board since Friday. I just knew better. I'm taking a break myself but something tempted me tonight and this was about the only topic I saw that I felt compelled to comment on.

Thanks for everything you do. I've been on here a long time too and remember your early work. I think it was a huge sign of how many people appreciate your work when so many changed their avi to Falco for a week. The toons are too big a part of this board so I look forward to seeing what you come up with next season.

Happy Trails..... B)