What's with the Nnamdi Asomugha talk?

JD dirtybird21

I know that Asomugha is an amazing corner, but do any of you realize how much it will cost for a guy like him to relocate clear across country in a tough division? We spent top dollar on a corner last year and we have many other issues to address. I think our corners are just fine. Grimes had a breakout year and Robinson did a great job shutting his side of the field down when we pressured the quarterback. Going after pass rushers would make a lot more sense especially with Abe being a huge question mark. There are also 4 or 5 good tight ends in free agency this offseason as well. Nnamdi will require so much cap space, he's almost 30, and he WON'T solve our defensive problems. To have a successful secondary, you have to have a successful front seven first.

Edited by JD dirtybird21

JD, to be honest with you, I've been against the thought from the start just because of the money issue.

But a major playoff lose later has really made me start to think : "Whatever it cost, SIGN HIM if it means a Superbowl".

That being said, That's up to the front office and coaches to decide, only time will tell. We shall see.

JD, to be honest with you, I've been against the thought from the start just because of the money issue.

But a major playoff lose later has really made me start to think : "Whatever it cost, SIGN HIM if it means a Superbowl".

That being said, That's up to the front office and coaches to decide, only time will tell. We shall see.

it all depends on arthur blank. while i do not think this will happen, (i think theres like a 2 percent chance of us getting Aso), you never know if mr blank is in the same mindset as you are. We has a great regular season and the playoff loss was soo dissapointing. With a franchise QB nad devloping youngsters, he may think this is THE time to make a big FA splash. But like i said, I think 2 percent chance lol

I'd honestly love to have Asomugha, or Bailey, or Cromartie. Clearly D-Rob and Grimes are not enough to contain the explosive receivers on elite NFC teams like Green Bay, New Orleans and Philadelphia. Can you honestly say you wouldn't want to see Robinson or Sugar Nips as the nickel back? Owens and Williams are not the answer.

Yes, any of those players would be expensive, but we would have at least $40-50 in cap room under the new CBA... that's plenty of money to bring in a few elite free agents, re-sign our key players, and sign all of our rookies.

On paper it would be nice, but he isn't the answer to our problems

I agree. Fix the passrush and our secondary is just fine (maybe get someone to compete at nickelback).

Abraham can't do it himself. Especially not when BVG calls these terrible 3-man rushes or has Abe dropping back in coverage.

I'd honestly love to have Asomugha, or Bailey, or Cromartie. Clearly D-Rob and Grimes are not enough to contain the explosive receivers on elite NFC teams like Green Bay, New Orleans and Philadelphia. Can you honestly say you wouldn't want to see Robinson or Sugar Nips as the nickel back? Owens and Williams are not the answer.

Yes, any of those players would be expensive, but we would have at least $40-50 in cap room under the new CBA... that's plenty of money to bring in a few elite free agents, re-sign our key players, and sign all of our rookies.

We'll probably draft another CB and Safety, maybe Franks can push for a starting spot (NB or CB).