Would you rather have Nnamdi or any of the other 2?

miKevicK777

Say you were in charge and we dont really know how much these free agents cost.

But you know one thing, you have the budget to acquire Nnamdi Asomugha or the budget to acquire ANY (Except Haloti Ngata) other 2 free agents assuming they are all interested in joining the Falcons.

Free agents list found on http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

(QBs are out of the questions)

You can go with any of your two (besides Haloti Ngata), but some notable names are

RBs

Arian Foster, Deangelo Williams, Ronnie Brown, Cedrc Benson

WRs

Vincent Jackson, Sidney Rice, Santonio, Malcolm Flloyd, Steve Smith (NY), Randy moss, TO, Breaston, Sims-Walker,Santana Moss

TEs

Zach Miller, Owen Daniels, Mercedes, Boss

OTs

Clabo (yes were including Falcons), Doug Free, Gaither, Jamaal Brown, Matt Light, Bushrod

OGs

Nicks, Mankins, David Joseph, Dahl, Kalil, Faneca, Blalock

DEs

Cullen Jenkins, Kiwanuka, Charles Johnson, Ray Edwards, Babin, Ellis, Cliff Avril

DTs

Seymour, Brandon Mebane, Franklin, Pat WIllaims

LBs

Greenway, Hali, Ruud

CBs

Champ, Grimes, Jonathon Joseph, Cromartie, Ike, Richard Marshall

I would go with the non nnamdi route, and pick Charles Johnson and Vincent Jackson.

Charles because we need a good young pass rusher and vincent because we need to stretch the field.

If the Falcons are in the mood to spend some money, I hope they do look at Aso. They could play a lot more nickel in that case and they could move Dunta to the nickel slot when they did and he would be a much more effective player in that role.

Short of that, I'd love for them to look at Vincent Jackson.

I don't actually think they will make a big splash in FA.

i would love to get Hali for a DE.

he was great with Allen opposite him as a rookie, and is great standing up.

would be the solid, athletic LE we needed!

I didnt know he was UFA, but i doubt KC lets him go.

there are some really good OL guys on the list too. problem is maybe 1/4 of these guys will actually hit the market.

Why get a receiver that can go down the field when the current QB can't even get it to him? We must remember Jenkins and White, two speedsters, were drafted to compliment the very powerful arm of Vick. This is not done to make a Vick reference. I bring him because that's why they were drafted. It's obvious Ryan's arm can't keep up with their speed which explains the lack of explosive plays in the passing game. Getting Jackson makes no sense at all unless you change the QB.

And both receivers were much worse with the rocket arm QB

But you know one thing, you have the budget to acquire Nnamdi Asomugha or the budget to acquire ANY (Except Haloti Ngata) other 2 free agents assuming they are all interested in joining the Falcons.

Free agents list found on http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

You can go with any of your two (besides Haloti Ngata), but some notable names are

RBs

Arian Foster(No), Deangelo Williams(No), Ronnie Brown(No), Cedrc Benson(No), MIchael Bush(Yes)

WRs

Vincent Jackson(No), Sidney Rice(maybe), Santonio(no), Malcolm Flloyd(maybe), Steve Smith(No) (NY), Randy moss(No), TO(No), Breaston(maybe), Sims-Walker(no),Santana Moss(No), Larry Fitzgerald(Yes)

TEs

Zach Miller(Yes), Owen Daniels(No), Mercedes(No), Boss(No)

OTs

Clabo (yes were including Falcons), Doug Free(No), Gaither(no), Jamaal Brown(no), Matt Light(no), Bushrod(**** no)

OGs

Nicks(No), Mankins(no), David Joseph(no), Dahl(no), Kalil(no), Faneca(no), Blalock(yes)

DEs

Cullen Jenkins(No), Kiwanuka(Yes), Charles Johnson(yes), Ray Edwards(no), Babin(no), Ellis(no), Cliff Avril(no)

DTs(No)

LBs(No)

Greenway, Hali, Ruud

CBs

Champ(No), Grimes(yes), Jonathon Joseph(No), Cromartie(No), Ike(No), Richard Marshall(Maybe)

I would go with the non nnamdi route, and pick Charles Johnson and Vincent Jackson.

Charles because we need a good young pass rusher and vincent because we need to stretch the field.

Free agents list found on http://www.footballs...freeagents.html

RBs

Arian Foster, Deangelo Williams, Ronnie Brown, Cedrc Benson

WRs

Vincent Jackson, Sidney Rice, Santonio, Malcolm Flloyd, Steve Smith (NY), Randy moss, TO, Breaston, Sims-Walker,Santana Moss

TEs

Zach Miller, Owen Daniels, Mercedes, Boss

OTs

Clabo (yes were including Falcons), Doug Free, Gaither, Jamaal Brown, Matt Light, Bushrod

OGs

Nicks, Mankins, David Joseph, Dahl, Kalil, Faneca, Blalock

DEs

Cullen Jenkins, Kiwanuka, Charles Johnson, Ray Edwards, Babin, Ellis, Cliff Avril

DTs

LBs

Greenway, Hali, Ruud

CBs

Champ, Grimes, Jonathon Joseph, Cromartie, Ike, Richard Marshall

I would like to have about 4 or 5 of these jokers man... Now I assume you can write out seperate checks for each transaction right? Ok, maybe just Charles Johnson, Owen Daniels, and Vincent jackson.

Why is Ngata out of the question? Some wanted Peppers for 60/70 mil+. This guy would help free up our DE's to rush the QB. Why not?

because hes 26 and the best DT in the league. theres no weaknesses in his game.

i just wanted to guage your opinions on nnamdi's value, putting ngata on the list of 2 wouldve ruined it I thought.

Teams in the current state of the NFL don't seem to linger on the cusp, of championship and superbowl status, for too long. We've been there for 3 years. We're either gonna make a run or sputter out and have another overhaul similar to what has happened to the once viable Vikings and Cowboys.

With that said, I hope we get some big name talent. Zach Miller, Steve Breaston, and our OL guys back that would be a stellar offseason IMO.

Why get a receiver that can go down the field when the current QB can't even get it to him? We must remember Jenkins and White, two speedsters, were drafted to compliment the very powerful arm of Vick. This is not done to make a Vick reference. I bring him because that's why they were drafted. It's obvious Ryan's arm can't keep up with their speed which explains the lack of explosive plays in the passing game. Getting Jackson makes no sense at all unless you change the QB.

i certainly do not consider jenkins a speedster, and hes not very good at using his big body to create space and hes not very good at catching those lobs. Vincent Jackson's very good at exactly those things.

I've seen matt make some deep throws wheres hes overthrown alot of the times, especially in the beginning of the season. I dont think you need an exceptionally strong arm, matt's is good enough

I'd gladly take Tamba Hali/Charles Johnson/Ray Edwards/Manny Lawson AND Champ Bailey/Antonio Cromartie/Carlos Rogers.

That's my wish list right now. I really want us to grab two big free agent defenders and then focus on offensive improvements in the draft.

I would really hope our free agent money is spent on defense rather than throwing it a wide receiver... though I have to admit the idea of a Vincent Jackson or Sidney Rice IS pretty nice.

I would pass on Nnamdi, and use that same money to pick up Charles Johnson and Sidney Rice.

With Rice taking Jenkins spot, it give us 2 serious threats at WR, and then Jenkins can play in some of the 3, and 4 WR sets. Jenkins has developed into a pretty good possession receiver and he's one **** of a blocker in the run game. Hopefully Douglas comes back strong next year, and he'll provided a deep threat from the slot.

That gives us a WR corp of

White

Rice

Jenkins

Douglas

Meier

Weems

Then for all of those always looking for nicknames they could play with the whole "White Rice" combo.

Charles Johnson has developed into a **** good DE. Still young at 24, and coming off a year in which he was the only threat on Carolina's defense and he was still effective.

This would give us a D-Line rotation of

Abraham

Johnson

Biermann

Sidbury

Davis/draft pick

I would pass on Nnamdi, and use that same money to pick up Charles Johnson and Sidney Rice.

With Rice taking Jenkins spot, it give us 2 serious threats at WR, and then Jenkins can play in some of the 3, and 4 WR sets. Jenkins has developed into a pretty good possession receiver and he's one **** of a blocker in the run game. Hopefully Douglas comes back strong next year, and he'll provided a deep threat from the slot.

That gives us a WR corp of

White

Rice

Jenkins

Douglas

Meier

Weems

Then for all of those always looking for nicknames they could play with the whole "White Rice" combo.

Charles Johnson has developed into a **** good DE. Still young at 24, and coming off a year in which he was the only threat on Carolina's defense and he was still effective.

This would give us a D-Line rotation of

Abraham

Johnson

Biermann

Sidbury

Davis/draft pick

So you would cut Finneran? Foul.

Otherwise, I agree with your thoughts.

But... Minnesota will not give up Rice and they've got plenty of money to sign him (Favre retiring frees up some bling)...

And Vincent Jackson... something irks me about him, I don't think I'd like him in a Falcon uni... I smell a distraction.

Edited by RoamingFalcon