Brian Billick just said it on NFLN

hawkeye

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so outraged by the OP I didn't read everyone else's posts, so sorry if someone else already made this point... but Grimes at NB? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Just like half the analysts in the media, no matter how good he plays you can't seem to give him credit. NB???

If anyone needs to go to NB I would say D-Rob, but I doubt he would be any good there. I think he's better where he's at now than he would be at NB, but you never know. If one of our CB's needs to be replaced, it's Owens. I like him, but he has just played horribly this season. I mean the game the other night was dreadful on Owens' part.

I think we need to give Dunta some more time at RCB. I think he will progress within the next few years. As far as Grimes goes he has solidified his starting position at either side CB. Any talk of replace Grimes or moving him down on the depth chart is just preposterous.

I know you probably couldn't care less about my opinion, but I just had to get that out.

I agree. Grimes played exceptionally this year. His pure athleticism is amazing as well. Not to mention, our young DB's would be helped out a lot with added QB pressure from the D-line/LB's. Abe had 13 of our 31 sacks this year and when we had people in the backfield they didn't finish plays. Also, Owens would have played better (IMO) if he had been playing consisently all year.

Some of the posts are ignorant. You really believe the Falcons are that bad off? We were one cornerback away from competing better against the Packers. If Williams is available the outcome would have changed dramatically.

Therefore, it is no need to look no further than Nnamdi Asomuga (sp.). He'll look good with Robinson and Grimes. I hear a lot of posters talking about money, it will cost too much, we have too much money tied up in the CB position.

The Falcons had the lowest player salary cost of the remaining playoffs teams, after the Saturday night performance it truly showed. I don't care who the coaches are, if you don't have talent, you're not going to win. All great coaches have great players.

It is truely amazing the criticism a 13-4 record and a defense ranked higher than half the other teams in the league will get you. So much for patience.

When u get the #1 seed then get blown out 1st game(didn't even make it to conf. Champ.) By 27 points, I think every lvl of this organization deserves criticism.

When u get the #1 seed then get blown out 1st game(didn't even make it to conf. Champ.) By 27 points, I think every lvl of this organization deserves criticism.

Honestly, did you expect a Number one seed this year? I know I didnt. Preseason, I thought we were a 11-5 team at best. However, with some luck and determination we added two more wins to that total. Try to remember, your a falcons fan, at least I think you are. Once you remember that important fact, maybe you will appreciate what these players and coaching staff have done over the past three years.

It seems to me that the Falcons FO the last few years has drafted based on goals, rather than simply needs. This past year the overall goal was to beat the Saints and win the division. It worked.

Next year's goal HAS to be "win in the playoffs". This team can easily make the playoffs next year as is, assuming no big injuries. But once we get there, we have to win. I fully expect the FO to sit there, look at the playoff teams from this season (both NFC and AFC) and say "What do we need to do to make sure we can beat all of these teams". The answer is going to be defense, and most likely pass rush.

Can you explain how Brady can win a game if he's getting hit every play? Oh, he couldn't this Sunday, what do you know. Get Matt some o-line help and we probably are closer to a championship than if we get don defensive line help, somewhere we've drafted in every draft since TD's been here

What has that got to do with this thread?

People place Brady on a pedestal, so I used it as sarcasm in place where everyone was saying our offense or Ryan was the sole reason for the loss.

What do I know? I know the game was going normal until the defense could stop'em and our offense was forced into playing catchup. GB started playing like we have all year, ball control, sustained 10+ play drives for TDs. Thats what I know.

Everyone wants all this flashy-flash 80 yard TD plays where a team has to match scores, I like hard nosed defenses that bust you in the mouth and give the ball back to the offense through 3 & outs. I want my offense to score yes! But I can't stand it when my defense lets the other team score.

Again, thats what I know, LOL.

Mike smith wont hire a new DC, so this whole worry about the defense thing is worthless. Until we can fix our scheme, even a roster full of probowlers won't get the job done.

Decoud, moore, Jerry, babs, abe, lofton, spoon, nicholas, Dunta, Grimes.

I mean, I see alot of excellent talent there.

Honestly, did you expect a Number one seed this year? I know I didnt. Preseason, I thought we were a 11-5 team at best. However, with some luck and determination we added two more wins to that total. Try to remember, your a falcons fan, at least I think you are. Once you remember that important fact, maybe you will appreciate what these players and coaching staff have done over the past three years.

Screw all that, fact of the matter is we havent won a single playoff game in the last 3 years.

We do need a more explosive offense. This grinding out long drives works, but if you could grind teams out with some huge plays too, wouldn't you want that?

Our defense is incredibly young in a lot of positions.

We only need 1 LB and the rest are all young and have solid starting experience. Both safeties are young with starting experience.

Our DL is young still, with a proven vet.

I see this defense getting alot better next year. If we keep the pieces we have, I strongly expect Robinson and Grimes as the starting CBs with Franks taking the NB spot. If Franks excels and progesses like he did in his first off-season with the little play time he had to go with it, it wouldn't surprise me if Franks and Robinson were the outside corners, and Grimes moved inside to NB when we went Nickel, and moving back outside on a 2CB look.

I dont have too much faith in draft anymore when it comes to picking up defensive lineman. Anderson and Jerry come to mind right away and while they have done some good they have not been the game changers like most people said they would.

Rite, wish we had the d-line of 05 w/ this team, imagina, Abe, and Kerney coming from opposite sides, but all depends on whose comin out n whose a FA.

Screw all that, fact of the matter is we havent won a single playoff game in the last 3 years.

That would be a strong statement if we actually had been in the playoffs all three years. We faced a red hot packers team and got our behinds handed to us. Deal with it. This organization will get us closer next year. If an immediate payoff is what your looking for, I suggest you go follow a different team. 40 plus years without back to back winning seasons, and this staff just pulled off three in a row. If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel now, you never will.

We need to address a WR and CB in FA and a DE and a speed WR in the draft

I thought that originally too, but now I'm thinking we don't need another WR. I'm thinking we should go DE in the draft or FA. Abe will most likely retire a few years from now (maybe not, but you never know), and Beirmann was inconsistent this year. I don't know what it is about our LE position, but it seems like no matter who plays there they can't get any sacks, even when Abe was moved over there occasionally this season.

Back to the WR situation, Jenkins played very well this season. He dropped far less and made many clutch receptions throughout the season. Of course he slipped in the endzone the other night but even the best are going to make mistakes every now and then... remember Roddy's drop in the Arizona playoff game of '08? Matt looks like he is getting some timing down with Jenkins. If Jenkins can get to that next level he and Roddy have proven themselves to be a great WR tandem. I like HD, but c'mon, Finn played far better this year than HD did. If we have to acquire another WR, I would do it late in the draft just to get someone young because of Finn's age. Finn might be gone in a few years, but as of right now I think we definitely keep him.

Anyway, I think we are fine at R and LCB for the time being, need a new NB, and go DE in the draft and/or FA.