Guys lets start getting some CAP NUMBERS together!

hudson

I know we have guys on here that are very good with this thing. But what i would like is to see where we sit as far as rankings of teams that spend the most money? What we are looking at as far as next year(with our FA already gone). I just would like to get a real good break down of our cap situtaion. I totally agree you must build thru the daft but i think ever 3-4 years you got to be alittle more aggresive in FA. We are really close to making a real good run. I think with a full compliment of draft picks this is the year to go get some players to really help this team out!

I know we have guys on here that are very good with this thing. But what i would like is to see where we sit as far as rankings of teams that spend the most money? What we are looking at as far as next year(with our FA already gone). I just would like to get a real good break down of our cap situtaion. I totally agree you must build thru the daft but i think ever 3-4 years you got to be alittle more aggresive in FA. We are really close to making a real good run. I think with a full compliment of draft picks this is the year to go get some players to really help this team out!

According to ESPN we have about $97m-100m committed to the 2011 season, with any new cap expected about be set around $140m-$150m. However, a lot of teams have kept spending down in the uncapped season. The league average is $97m, with only 13 teams committed to $100m.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/35721/nfc-south-2011-salary-cap-figures

There are a lot of teams with huge amlunts of cap space. On the other hand, if/when a new CBA is agreed there will be a lot of UFA, as all of the 4th and 5th year players who missed out on free agency last year will be UFA's.

According to ESPN we have about $97m-100m committed to the 2011 season, with any new cap expected about be set around $140m-$150m. However, a lot of teams have kept spending down in the uncapped season. The league average is $97m, with only 13 teams committed to $100m.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/35721/nfc-south-2011-salary-cap-figures

There are a lot of teams with huge amlunts of cap space. On the other hand, if/when a new CBA is agreed there will be a lot of UFA, as all of the 4th and 5th year players who missed out on free agency last year will be UFA's.

Is it only Guarenteed money that counts towards cap?